No pocket mode available?

Search This thread

SergioA

May 12, 2010
Incremental rollout of OxygenOS 10.0.5 for the OnePlus 7T is being released, but still no pocket mode available...
A little disappointed, this feature for me is a MUST and was available with my trusty 6T!
Now my brand new 7T in my pocket has its own crazy life, sends garbage messages, initiates phone calls, etc. etc.
Hope pocket mode will return soon......
In the meantime, has anyone found an app/solution to mitigate the problem?
TIA

Inviato dal mio HD1903 utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: abalam

SergioA

May 12, 2010
Here too, I miss that option. Fortunately I use a bookcover and have no problems. But if I just use a case, the phone will do crazy things in my pocket
Sometimes I laugh at the garbage that is randomly composed in WhatsApp or the SMS application while the phone is in my pocket, fortunately for now it has not been sent (yet...)

Seriously speaking it is a big drawback, considering that the option was available in the settings of the older 6T; I'm sure it was so in Android 9, if I'm not wrong it disappeared in the first beta of Android 10, but I've sold the phone and cannot confirm...

Peppo

Aug 31, 2008
It's because the phone does not have a real proximity sensor inside. It's only a virtual one. So that sensor cannot be used for pocket Mode.
Perhaps OP finds another way for the pocket Mode.

SergioA

May 12, 2010
It's because the phone does not have a real proximity sensor inside. It's only a virtual one. So that sensor cannot be used for pocket Mode.
Perhaps OP finds another way for the pocket Mode.
Do you mean that 6T had it and 7T not? Don't think so, if I'm not wrong I've seen a YouTube video of a 7T disassembled and the proximity sensor was behind the screen just under the front camera...

I use Gravity Screen, have been for a while now on different phones. It has a bunch of settings that you can tweak based on usage. I have it set to turn off the screen using the gravity sensor instead of proximity, triggering when the phone is turned at least 60 degrees upside down. Then just put it in my pocket with the top down. The app works really well and doesn't seem to have much impact on battery.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.plexnor.gravityscreenofffree

Reactions: SergioA

SergioA

May 12, 2010
If those apps from playstore work, then pocketmode should also work if they put this function back in it.

You're perfectly right, and I also hate to load the phone with apps that do what should be available (and were on the previous model) by default!
C'mon Oneplus, give us less models but better support!!!

Peppo

Aug 31, 2008
I've tested the WaveUp App and it doesn't work really good for me.
Any other experience?

dn00

Nov 6, 2013
I set up my own pocket mode using Tasker. When Proximity profile is activated, enter Turn Off task (check Lock and Continue after error). I set it up to turn off after 3 seconds and cancel if NOT proximity profile for false positives. It only works 95% due to the "virtual" proximity sensor but better than nothing.

bradbusa

Jun 3, 2011
This used to bother me until I realized it was because I enabled the "double tap to wake" option. If you turn that off, the phone will not wake up in your pocket.

Or as an alternative, you can just turn the phone around in your pocket so that the screen is facing away from your skin

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

Am100

Dec 21, 2019
Have to use fingerprint lock to avoid this

I was facing similar problems with my 7t without any lock setted up. Phn gets wake up inside pocket, does crazy stuff on its own. Thts y i hav to setup fingerprint lock to avoid this. Otherwise battery life was way better without any locks. I too need any solution for keeping phn in pocket without any screen lock.

roofrider

Jul 24, 2011
Bangalore, IN
I don't quite understand the issue here. There is no pocket mode settings but I have double tap to wake enabled and when the sensor (it's hidden underneath the screen) is covered, DT2W does not work.

ej8989

Jul 8, 2012
Manila
I just found out that it is actually fingerprint lift to wake (pickup your phone to show) causing the problem.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I finally found a worthy app that we can use as pocket fashion. this app also blocks the power button when the sensor is covered !!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.goldenpie.psl
    Incremental rollout of OxygenOS 10.0.5 for the OnePlus 7T is being released, but still no pocket mode available...
    A little disappointed, this feature for me is a MUST and was available with my trusty 6T!
    Now my brand new 7T in my pocket has its own crazy life, sends garbage messages, initiates phone calls, etc. etc.
    Hope pocket mode will return soon......
    In the meantime, has anyone found an app/solution to mitigate the problem?
    TIA

Here too, I miss that option. Fortunately I use a bookcover and have no problems. But if I just use a case, the phone will do crazy things in my pocket
    I'm not having any more random screen wake in the pocket since disabling "lift to wake." It's been 6 months now.

This is the only solution for me too . I lived several times similar issue . My OP7t deleted everything itself when it is in my pocket :( . Most probably fingerprint or lock screen pin accidentally touched and phone goes to factory default due to security reasons . When I disable tap to screen to show and pick up your phone to show problem disappeared .