FORUMS

Is rooting Worth it?

354 posts
Thanks Meter: 28

Post Reply Email Thread
Hello everyone,

So is rooting Worth it or should i wait for a while?
8th January 2020, 03:22 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 191

More
Not nearly as important today as years ago when OEM firmware was buggy, laggy and without many features. Nowadays, most of the features we used to root our roms for are built in to stock roms and with as much ram as we have in phones, lagginess no longer seems to be much of an issue.
8th January 2020, 03:44 AM |#3  
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 33

More
I was going to wait to root, but getting ads on my phone was a deal breaker. I need a good root-level ad-blocker.
The Following User Says Thank You to Berner For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Berner Ad-Free
8th January 2020, 03:57 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 191

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berner

I was going to wait to root, but getting ads on my phone was a deal breaker. I need a good root-level ad-blocker.

You don't get ads if you opt out of them during setup.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jim262 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jim262 Ad-Free
8th January 2020, 09:38 AM |#5  
Flag Christchurch

More
dns.adguard.com

put this as dns in wireless setting.
8th January 2020, 10:52 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Currently I have two reasons to flash
To access auxiliary cameras in gcam we need root
And also to use substratum themes we need root.
But since there is no straight way of rooting as in no official twrp support for now ..I will do it later . I can probably do without the above two things
8th January 2020, 12:02 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag banha

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berner

adgaurd is doing good for me so far
8th January 2020, 01:40 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 2,290

More
Here I briefly provided the device with root, this to restore my apps via swift backup. Then flashed full OTA and back on original boot.img.
I have had root for a while but have not used it a lot, if you want to remove system / apps or something it will not work, thank you Google for this. As long as it is not possible to mount, root is useless for me.
8th January 2020, 03:06 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 306

More
Really it depends on what you want to do /achieve.

Sent from my OnePlus7TPro using XDA Labs
8th January 2020, 07:05 PM |#10  
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 336

More
Personally I don't feel it's worth it, given the potential of creating other problems, having to fix boot loops, and generally falling into a rabbit hole vortex which has nothing to do with the everyday life in front of me 😀
8th January 2020, 09:27 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 95

More
In short, yes, mainly because you can get back some of the Google apps. The OnePlus phone dialer app is terrible. If you're rude, you can get the Google one. Also you have easier access to Google feed
The Following User Says Thank You to Cowbell_Guy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cowbell_Guy Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)