FORUMS

TMobile variant

1,696 posts
Thanks Meter: 579

Post Reply Email Thread
Probably too early to know for sure, but does anyone have any opinions on whether there will eventually be a conversion tool to convert a TMobile version into an international version for the 7t the way there was for the 6t? I would buy unlocked, but with my T-Mobile JUMP program I can get the 7t for approximately 70 bucks out of pocket.
26th March 2020, 02:14 PM |#2  
Flag All over like street lights
Thanks Meter: 367

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryano89

Probably too early to know for sure, but does anyone have any opinions on whether there will eventually be a conversion tool to convert a TMobile version into an international version for the 7t the way there was for the 6t? I would buy unlocked, but with my T-Mobile JUMP program I can get the 7t for approximately 70 bucks out of pocket.

Did you ever find a tool for this?
26th March 2020, 03:13 PM |#3  
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 178

More
In the short term, no. You probably won't find one. I believe it has more to do with the fact that OP7T released with Android 10 and that's also impacting our ability to get TWRP fully working. It's a bummer that the Free Unlocking thread has been closed for now, but that's your only and best bet for unlocking early at this point.
26th March 2020, 09:29 PM |#4  
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolimit78

In the short term, no. You probably won't find one. I believe it has more to do with the fact that OP7T released with Android 10 and that's also impacting our ability to get TWRP fully working. It's a bummer that the Free Unlocking thread has been closed for now, but that's your only and best bet for unlocking early at this point.

If the unlocking thread is indeed locked then this is the only reason its not possible as the ability to convert to International has been available for months. My T-Mobile 7T is currently running the International ROM with zero issues.

Otherwise it would require either a friendly Customer Service rep or pay off the device.
27th March 2020, 09:32 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
How did you get yours unlocked
28th March 2020, 01:54 AM |#6  
Flag Hilliard OH
Thanks Meter: 122

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryano89

I could have swore I posted this already. But anyway, there's absolutely no "tool" for this. But the process can easily be done, as I did with mine. Fastboot flash indian rom first, then do a local upgrade of the global rom.. Right now I'm running open beta 2, on the tmobile variant. There's a more detailed guide here on XDA on how to do it, but thats the basic steps.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)