FORUMS

what happened with OnePlus ?

348 posts
Thanks Meter: 79

By [email protected], Senior Member on 11th February 2020, 06:05 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I don't know what is OnePlus doing.. I'm using OnePlus 7t still running on November security patch
Previously I used OnePlus 6.in that time op6 gets every month security patches and updates without any delay..I'm so happy with OnePlus software updates and security patches.. that's why i upgrade my phone to 7t..now everything upside down no regular updates or security patches..(it's not a OnePlus issue but i have to say custom rom development's and community are not active for this device) I expected so much from OnePlus..when i upgraded.. sadly I'm disappointed
If guy's know anything about this updates delays please comment..

Sorry..if any grammar mistakes.. thank you
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift [email protected] Ad-Free
11th February 2020, 07:12 AM |#2  
Flag Johor Bahru
Thanks Meter: 111

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

I don't know what is OnePlus doing.. I'm using OnePlus 7t still running on November security patch
Previously I used OnePlus 6 that device monthly security patches and updates..in that I'm so happy with OnePlus software updates and security patches.. that's why i upgrade my phone to 7t..now everything upside down no regular updates or security patches..(it's not a OnePlus issue but i have to say custom rom development's and community are not active for this device) I expected so much from OnePlus..when i upgraded.. sadly I'm disappointed

You should understand that the Coronavirus incident affected all of the development, from any China company.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maple_mak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift maple_mak Ad-Free
11th February 2020, 07:14 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 504

More
Quote:

Yes, I'm super disappointed too.

Yet, oneplus is doing bimonthly updates, and they've been clear about this.
That means update every two months.
For some stupid reason they release one security update late. Last update was 13 December (with the Nov security patch). That means that in approx two days they will release an update if they are on schedule. (Except the Corona situation might delay things)

Now since they release last month's security updates with every update our phone will be brought up to January security update next time.
That's keeping with their promise and the two monthly release.

Considering even Samsung the notoriously bad update king manages to push out recent security updates every month there's understandable reason to be disappointed. Although we are the ones who made assumptions about updates, so I guess we can only blame ourselves 😏
The Following User Says Thank You to Eddiemc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Eddiemc Ad-Free
11th February 2020, 07:45 AM |#4  
House Avernus
Thanks Meter: 993

Donate to Me
More
They're wary of the virus spread right now in China. So work and other stuff are either halted or limited.
11th February 2020, 08:18 AM |#5  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 50

More
A oneplus staff member stated on their own forum that because of the coronavirus the updates are delayed but op7t will get the january Security Update in the next 2 weeks
The Following User Says Thank You to PsychOlli For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PsychOlli Ad-Free
11th February 2020, 12:31 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 306

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychOlli

A oneplus staff member stated on their own forum that because of the coronavirus the updates are delayed but op7t will get the january Security Update in the next 2 weeks

"We encountered some delays due to the NCP outbreak. The January security update for 7T will be released in the following two weeks if all goes well."

Sent from my OnePlus7TPro using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to Lossyx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lossyx Ad-Free
11th February 2020, 03:25 PM |#7  
Flag Warszawa
Thanks Meter: 393

More
I heard that their staff announced new updates will come on two month regular basis
The Following User Says Thank You to EugenStanis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift EugenStanis Ad-Free
11th February 2020, 06:04 PM |#8  
Flag Hilliard OH
Thanks Meter: 111

More
Quote:

Previously I used OnePlus 6 that device monthly security patches and updates..in that I'm so happy with OnePlus software updates and security patches.. that's why i upgrade my phone to 7t..now everything upside down no regular updates or security patches..(it's not a OnePlus issue but i have to say custom rom development's and community are not active for this device) I expected so much from OnePlus..when i upgraded.. sadly I'm disappointed

yea im pretty disappointed with the lack of development too. this device is pretty much dead
The Following User Says Thank You to bynarie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bynarie Ad-Free
11th February 2020, 10:02 PM |#9  
Flag Bmore
Thanks Meter: 110

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bynarie

yea im pretty disappointed with the lack of development too. this device is pretty much dead

Twrp is the main problem as soon as that gets figured you it custom time should flood in
The Following User Says Thank You to rob420p For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rob420p Ad-Free
12th February 2020, 07:18 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kerala

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychOlli

Thanks for the information
The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift [email protected] Ad-Free
12th February 2020, 07:21 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kerala

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob420p

Twrp is the main problem as soon as that gets figured you it custom time should flood in

Yeah..Right
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)