i love one plus 7T

Search This thread

filjusz

I thought there was gonna be a "but" on the text lol. I do love it too, I came to this phone from a Pocophone and the only thing i miss is the custom ROMs development on the Oneplus 7T.

I came from pocophone too. Lack of development is kinda disappointing, and i recently saw that delevopers said "TWRP may never come because of the new partition layout on android 10".

Reactions: gie62001

hectorviov

Jan 4, 2012
www.hectorviov.com
I came from pocophone too. Lack of development is kinda disappointing, and i recently saw that delevopers said "TWRP may never come because of the new partition layout on android 10".

Don't know if it's never gonna come or devs just haven't had the time to work on it. I read on their blog that the primary dev was having his child born and coudn't work on it. Also if I'm not mistaken the only phones with Android 10 out of the box as of right now are the Pixel 4 series and the Oneplus 7T series so not a lot to work on. Wait until Xiaomi, Samsung and more brands release Android 10 by default and I think development of TWRP on this new kind of partition system is gonna get more attention. That is why I'm hopeful that development for this phone can get more attention "soon-ish".

Krazy_Calvin

Mar 11, 2007
If google would just make something this quality i would buy one of their phones already. I was dissapointed in the looks of the pixel 4. They cheaped out on their components to maximize profits and its obvious. I have been mostly happy with the oneplus 7t but it has had some serious quirks too. I have had to reset mine several times and I am dealing with gps issues constantly.

Reactions: gie62001

OverThrust

Oct 26, 2017
I mostly love my OnePlus 7t. Though it has some issues. That need addressed. Also the lack of customization options is irritating coming from a custom ROM standpoint.

Reactions: rob420p

jones_b

Aug 4, 2020
Love my 7T

Can't wait for TWRP to de-google this phone, but outside of that I totally love it. Although, to be fair this is my very first 'smart' phone so I really have nothing to compare it to. I think it's pretty damn great, actually.

adobrakic

Aug 7, 2008
I like it but will definitely hold off on next purchase to make sure development is more active. Luckily oxygen os is pretty decent, but still leaves a lot to be desired.

xe0r

Can you guys tell me, what exactly you lack of for customization features? No offense, just out of curiosity.
I am flashing all of the devices in my household since the HTC desire days, like for the past 5..6..7 years or so... Constantly looking for the optimal ROM for me or my fiance's use case, tinkering with custom kernels, governer settings, blocking wakelocks... Whatsoever.

This is the first device I am happy with while it is just unlocked and rooted witch only a 1 magisk module active. For me android and OSS has come such a long way that all I build in aftermarket is now integrated in stock. Now it is just rooted, debloated and adfree. That's it for me. Although I somehow miss the long nights of flashing and trying out multiple stuff one after another, but also life gets more serious and time consumable so it's ok for me. I guess same for most of the gurus from the old days.. lol
I now can do my hobby more or less for a living, so no need to do it in my free time anymore... :D

What do you guys think? Is it just my feeling that the development branch somehow radically changed?

Gesendet von meinem HD1903 mit Tapatalk

Kaesberg

Oct 31, 2014
Midvale
I love this phone I installed Omni via adb and never looked back. I really want to get a lineage build on it but the builds I tried to make are very broken.

shezaad879

Jun 11, 2009
Nexus 7 (2013)
Samsung Galaxy S20
Can you guys tell me, what exactly you lack of for customization features? No offense, just out of curiosity.
I am flashing all of the devices in my household since the HTC desire days, like for the past 5..6..7 years or so... Constantly looking for the optimal ROM for me or my fiance's use case, tinkering with custom kernels, governer settings, blocking wakelocks... Whatsoever.

This is the first device I am happy with while it is just unlocked and rooted witch only a 1 magisk module active. For me android and OSS has come such a long way that all I build in aftermarket is now integrated in stock. Now it is just rooted, debloated and adfree. That's it for me. Although I somehow miss the long nights of flashing and trying out multiple stuff one after another, but also life gets more serious and time consumable so it's ok for me. I guess same for most of the gurus from the old days.. lol
I now can do my hobby more or less for a living, so no need to do it in my free time anymore... :D

What do you guys think? Is it just my feeling that the development branch somehow radically changed?

I agree. Since I left HTC (the M9 being he last one) I have not had the need to flash a custom ROM. Was on a Nokia 8 previously and the vanilla-ish android was good. I only missed the weather clock and mail app from HTC - but they are going down sadly so had to jump ship. Left Nokia as they launched too many phones and were not fixing bugs on their ex-flagships - promised to fixed their camera app but never came for example.
With the 7T I have to say I hardly have any complaint. Customisations are great and the phone is amazing. Adjusting the bokeh blur (live bokeh) would have been great even if it was after taking the photo but nothing else to complain about to be fair.

I do miss the old late nights flashing ROMS though - but like you say, life is different now. I haven't even rooted the Nokia and 7T! haha

pesa44

Sep 26, 2015
I thought there was gonna be a "but" on the text lol. I do love it too, I came to this phone from a Pocophone and the only thing i miss is the custom ROMs development on the Oneplus 7T.

Hi, I also came from Poco F1. Amazing phone. Took me a while to get use to OP7T even thought it is better in many ways. I bought it new for 300 pounds and then after a year on October 2019 I found a deal like hell and bought a new OP7T for 360 pounds. Amoled display was the biggest advantage I noticed for the first time. Later I could not even look on the Poco F1 display and before I was astonished by the quality of the LCD panel. I got so much used to the face unlock on F1 cause it was so freaking fast and precise even at complete dark. That and the fast fingerprint scanner is another think I missed for a while. But eventually I get used to the in-display one (but they still could add one more on the back cause it is the perfect place for it). Also that I was so used to the MIUI, the environment was kind of weird for me. But with little bit of tweaking and setting up Nova launcher, which I have been using already for like 8 years anyway, helped a lot. And I even found some tweaks I could not do in MIUI. But like you mentioned, there were so much variety of ROMs and hell I like rooting, flashing and stuff like this. There is also one function I found only in MIUI and which helped me a lot when I came lazy like hell from night shift home and that is that you could mirror your screen to smart TV, lets say play a sitcom or whatever, and minimize it on the device itself so I could be on FB, YT, even play a games and not disturb media streaming to my TV. I wish Oneplus add this feature in future.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    who else love it

Don't know if it's never gonna come or devs just haven't had the time to work on it. I read on their blog that the primary dev was having his child born and coudn't work on it. Also if I'm not mistaken the only phones with Android 10 out of the box as of right now are the Pixel 4 series and the Oneplus 7T series so not a lot to work on. Wait until Xiaomi, Samsung and more brands release Android 10 by default and I think development of TWRP on this new kind of partition system is gonna get more attention. That is why I'm hopeful that development for this phone can get more attention "soon-ish".