FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

OnePlus 7T 128GB Is $438USD!

3,429 posts
Thanks Meter: 370

By geokilla, Senior Member on 11th November 2019, 04:44 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...yg_501597637.3

Hopefully this will entice developers to buy the phone and develop more ROMs and kernels for it. $440 is really cheap and to me, it's like a flagship killer all over again.

Only difference is in LTE bands between global and China/Indian variants

Of course it's cheaper in China!
11th November 2019, 05:13 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
also bought the China variant a week ago from a local seller, everything comes to around 490, dirt cheap for what it is
11th November 2019, 08:01 AM |#3  
Flag DC by way of BK
Thanks Meter: 358

More
It looks to be even cheaper at $379 usd once you add the coupons. That is a hell of a deal.

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app
11th November 2019, 05:12 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 370

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuncE718

It looks to be even cheaper at $379 usd once you add the coupons. That is a hell of a deal.

The coupons are unfortunately a dime a dozen.
11th November 2019, 07:45 PM |#5  
Flag DC by way of BK

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla

The coupons are unfortunately a dime a dozen.

Why is it unfortunate if you have unlimited coupons? Sounds good to me.

The Following User Says Thank You to OuncE718 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift OuncE718 Ad-Free
13th November 2019, 02:43 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuncE718

Why is it unfortunate if you have unlimited coupons? Sounds good to me.

Where did you get the coupon? Thanks
13th November 2019, 04:42 AM |#7  
Flag DC by way of BK

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty949

Where did you get the coupon? Thanks

When you click on the link you'll see it.

14th November 2019, 03:50 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Here's the missing bands from this Asian variant of the 7T, along with carrier-use listings:

B25 (1900+):
Sprint - partial use

B32 (1500):
None

B66 (1700/2100):
AT&T - in use
C Spire - in use
T-Mobile - in use
U.S. Cellular - in use
Verizon - in use

Source:
https://www.kimovil.com/en/compare/o...eplus-7t-cn-in

Personally, I wouldn't touch this variant if I lived in the US. Verizon picked up B66 back in 2015 and has been aggressively rolling it (AWS3-4) out across the US, see this FCC map: https://tinyurl.com/b66map

Yes, I'm aware B66 is a superset of B4... but with CDMA shutting down by the end of the year, this band is clearly core to VZW and other networks (along with B13 LTE backbone). If you buy this Asian variant, you might be missing out on boosted download speeds in various markets. Will it work, yes. Fastest speeds everywhere, no.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skelzer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift skelzer Ad-Free
14th November 2019, 05:55 PM |#9  
Flag Cosmos
Thanks Meter: 2,079

More
Good to know...
14th November 2019, 07:26 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skelzer

Here's the missing bands from this Asian variant of the 7t with carrier listings:

B25 (1900+):
Sprint - partial use

B32 (1500):
None

B66 (1700/2100):
AT&T - in use
C Spire - in use
T-Mobile - in use
U.S. Cellular - in use
Verizon - in use

Source:
https://www.kimovil.com/en/compare/o...eplus-7t-cn-in

Personally, I wouldn't touch this variant if I lived in the US. Verizon picked up B66 back in 2015 and has been aggressively rolling it (AWS3) out across the US, see this FCC map: https://tinyurl.com/b66map

Yes, I'm aware B66 is a superset of B4... but with CDMA shutting down by the end of the year, this band is clearly core to VZW and other networks. If you buy this Asian variant, you're going to be severely hamstrung throughout the US.

I read on Reddit that the Chinese version works fine on VZW as along as you have them provision it as a "non-CDMA" device on their network. I hope this is accurate because I have two of the 8GB/256GB CN variants in-bound to me in the US and I only use Verizon.
14th November 2019, 08:00 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsean

I read on Reddit that the Chinese version works fine on VZW as along as you have them provision it as a "non-CDMA" device on their network. I hope this is accurate because I have two of the 8GB/256GB CN variants in-bound to me in the US and I only use Verizon.

No, the correct provisioning is "CDMA-Less" and you also need to confirm you have "HD Voice" for the phone to work. Wouldn't hurt to also ask them to remove the "LVC-Block" that gets added automatically when they populate your IMEI number (for Video Calling).

The phones WILL technically work as they support the Band 4 subset... but you wont be able to benefit from any of the latest Band 66 coverage that Verizon has been adding over the recent year, most of which is to boost download speeds (B66 is unpaired/asymmetric, with more allocated to downlinks).

Take a look on this page. The Chinese variants are lacking Band 66... so they won't connect to VZW via AWS-3 Blocks G-J or anything on AWS-4.

https://www.phonescoop.com/glossary/term.php?gid=570

Bottom line, yes, you will get a connection... you just won't get the best connection.

EDIT: On a good note, unlike any Pixels... you will be able to activate both nano SIMs on Verizon. The 7T, along with the 6T, are one of the few Android DSDS phones that are whitelisted on VZW's "Open Development" platform. After carrying 2 phones around for over 10 years... I now have both lines one one device. Joy!
The Following User Says Thank You to skelzer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift skelzer Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)