OnePlus 7T 128GB Is $438USD!

Search This thread

aleck0112

Jan 5, 2017
also bought the China variant a week ago from a local seller, everything comes to around 490, dirt cheap for what it is

skelzer

Mar 29, 2011
Here's the missing bands from this Asian variant of the 7T, along with carrier-use listings:

B25 (1900+):
Sprint - partial use

B32 (1500):
None

B66 (1700/2100):
AT&T - in use
C Spire - in use
T-Mobile - in use
U.S. Cellular - in use
Verizon - in use

Source:
https://www.kimovil.com/en/compare/oneplus-7t,oneplus-7t-cn-in

Personally, I wouldn't touch this variant if I lived in the US. Verizon picked up B66 back in 2015 and has been aggressively rolling it (AWS3-4) out across the US, see this FCC map: https://tinyurl.com/b66map

Yes, I'm aware B66 is a superset of B4... but with CDMA shutting down by the end of the year, this band is clearly core to VZW and other networks (along with B13 LTE backbone). If you buy this Asian variant, you might be missing out on boosted download speeds in various markets. Will it work, yes. Fastest speeds everywhere, no.

Last edited:

mrsean

May 6, 2007
Here's the missing bands from this Asian variant of the 7t with carrier listings:

B25 (1900+):
Sprint - partial use

B32 (1500):
None

B66 (1700/2100):
AT&T - in use
C Spire - in use
T-Mobile - in use
U.S. Cellular - in use
Verizon - in use

Source:

Personally, I wouldn't touch this variant if I lived in the US. Verizon picked up B66 back in 2015 and has been aggressively rolling it (AWS3) out across the US, see this FCC map: https://tinyurl.com/b66map

Yes, I'm aware B66 is a superset of B4... but with CDMA shutting down by the end of the year, this band is clearly core to VZW and other networks. If you buy this Asian variant, you're going to be severely hamstrung throughout the US.
I read on Reddit that the Chinese version works fine on VZW as along as you have them provision it as a "non-CDMA" device on their network. I hope this is accurate because I have two of the 8GB/256GB CN variants in-bound to me in the US and I only use Verizon.

Reactions: PashaF

skelzer

Mar 29, 2011
I read on Reddit that the Chinese version works fine on VZW as along as you have them provision it as a "non-CDMA" device on their network. I hope this is accurate because I have two of the 8GB/256GB CN variants in-bound to me in the US and I only use Verizon.

No, the correct provisioning is "CDMA-Less" and you also need to confirm you have "HD Voice" for the phone to work. Wouldn't hurt to also ask them to remove the "LVC-Block" that gets added automatically when they populate your IMEI number (for Video Calling).

The phones WILL technically work as they support the Band 4 subset... but you wont be able to benefit from any of the latest Band 66 coverage that Verizon has been adding over the recent year, most of which is to boost download speeds (B66 is unpaired/asymmetric, with more allocated to downlinks).

Take a look on this page. The Chinese variants are lacking Band 66... so they won't connect to VZW via AWS-3 Blocks G-J or anything on AWS-4.

https://www.phonescoop.com/glossary/term.php?gid=570

Bottom line, yes, you will get a connection... you just won't get the best connection.

EDIT: On a good note, unlike any Pixels... you will be able to activate both nano SIMs on Verizon. The 7T, along with the 6T, are one of the few Android DSDS phones that are whitelisted on VZW's "Open Development" platform. After carrying 2 phones around for over 10 years... I now have both lines one one device. Joy!

Last edited:
Reactions: mrsean

Skripka

Dec 17, 2011
Postulo forklift ad portandum iste
Here's the missing bands from this Asian variant of the 7T, along with carrier-use listings:

B25 (1900+):
Sprint - partial use

B32 (1500):
None

B66 (1700/2100):
AT&T - in use
C Spire - in use
T-Mobile - in use
U.S. Cellular - in use
Verizon - in use

Source:

Personally, I wouldn't touch this variant if I lived in the US. Verizon picked up B66 back in 2015 and has been aggressively rolling it (AWS3-4) out across the US, see this FCC map: https://tinyurl.com/b66map

Yes, I'm aware B66 is a superset of B4... but with CDMA shutting down by the end of the year, this band is clearly core to VZW and other networks (along with B13 LTE backbone). If you buy this Asian variant, you might be missing out on boosted download speeds in various markets. Will it work, yes. Fastest speeds everywhere, no.

Won't work on Sprint they will not whitelist the IMEI

barcia99

Sep 22, 2015
Bay city
New to one plus phones. I'm on verizon in the US but I'm unsure what phone to purchase. I want the 7t phone at the best price. I'm currently using a ancient galaxy s5 rooted/unlocked. Asked verizon about the oneplus and they wouldn't guarantee that it would work. they Really tried to push Samsung and pixel 4. I just want to ensure the oneplus I purchase will be compatible with verizon. Any input is appreciated. Thanks

skelzer

Mar 29, 2011
New to one plus phones. I'm on verizon in the US but I'm unsure what phone to purchase. I want the 7t phone at the best price. I'm currently using a ancient galaxy s5 rooted/unlocked. Asked verizon about the oneplus and they wouldn't guarantee that it would work. they Really tried to push Samsung and pixel 4. I just want to ensure the oneplus I purchase will be compatible with verizon. Any input is appreciated. Thanks

No problem, happy to help. I've been on Verizon for 20+ and recently owned the 3 pixel xls.... I ordered the Pixel 4 XL then returned it. Bought the 7T direct from OnePlus and couldn't be happier. Newer tech, less annoyance... plus you save a LOT of $$.

When you get the phone, call VZW and ask for a Tier 2 tech. Then tell them you want add/remove the provisioning I listed in a previous post ^^^.

Here's the link to the phone... whatever you do, don't buy the other variants found on other sites :
https://www.oneplus.com/oneplus-7t?from=7t

barcia99

Sep 22, 2015
Bay city
No problem, happy to help. I've been on Verizon for 20+ and recently owned the 3 pixel xls.... I ordered the Pixel 4 XL then returned it. Bought the 7T direct from OnePlus and couldn't be happier. Newer tech, less annoyance... plus you save a LOT of $$.

When you get the phone, call VZW and ask for a Tier 2 tech. Then tell them you want add/remove the provisioning I listed in a previous post ^^^.

Here's the link to the phone... whatever you do, don't buy the other variants found on other sites :
https://www.oneplus.com/oneplus-7t?from=7t
That's what I was wondering. The other variants seemed cheaper but I questioned it. Not sure what you mean by provisioning. I read the posts but it's all new to me. Also can I get the 7t with 256 or is it just the 8/128.

skelzer

Mar 29, 2011
For the US version, you can only get the 8/128 on that page. There is "technically" a 256 US version that was in the works but the codename never made it out and it didn't go to market. Same as a Gold color for Asian markets...

So to clarify, here's all the 7T variants:
Global / International / Asian / Chinese - missing US bands, available as both 128 and 256 <--- DON'T GET THIS
US T-Mobile - available as 128, locked bootloader <--- DON'T GET THIS
US Unlocked - available as 128, unlocked bootloader <-- YES, GET THIS

Here's some clarification on the provisioning. Simple version is these are the features that are added and/or removed from your account based on your subscription choices and hardware support. Premium Visual Voicemail, for example, costs $2.99 per month. When you choose to add this to your phone, VZW "provisions" your account to add support for the feature. There's also provisioning that's required to support iOS devices... or LTE... or WiFi Calling, etc. So although the 7T has been whitelisted (link) and can be activated on VZW, some of the provisioning isn't automatic and you'll need a quick call to Tier 2 support to get all the phone features working.

Here's the steps. First, if you're moving from an iPhone... there's a small chance things can get hairy when/if you're planning to use Dual SIM (two discrete phone lines). If you are, let me know, I'll add some details. If you don't plan to activate two lines, then here's the easiest path coming from an iPhone:
1) turn off iMessage on your iPhone (very easy, google it).
2) not required... but if you can, it actually makes life easier if you first transfer your line to an old Android LTE device. This can be done online and doesn't cost anything. What this does is push some provisioning to your account that sticks around when you then activate the 7T. If you're already on Android, you can skip these two first steps.
3) then call VZW, ask for a Tier 2 tech to activate the 7T.
4) confirm "CDMA-Less" provisioning has been added.
5) confirm "HD Voice" provisioning has been added.
6) Optional... but you can also ask them to remove the "LVC-Block" provisioning that gets added automatically when they populate your IMEI number (for Video Calling).

All set. The only item that isn't working yet is Premium Visual Voicemail (transcribed to text). Visual Voicemail works. Also, if you know how to do it, you can activate RCS messaging.

I think that's about it... good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: c19932

barcia99

Sep 22, 2015
Bay city
For the US version, you can only get the 8/128 on that page. There is "technically" a 256 US version that was in the works but the codename never made it out and it didn't go to market. Same as a Gold color for Asian markets...

Global / International / Asian / Chinese - missing US bands, available as both 128 and 256 <--- DON'T GET THIS
You are awsome. Thanks for the info. I'm gun shy on this purchase. I've used galaxy s5 since it came out and know it inside and out. Will the 7t have the options for root/unlocked BL/TWRP and custom roms? Are there any accessories I need for this phone. Sorry about all my questions/apprehension. Think I'm going to do it.

skelzer

Mar 29, 2011
You are awsome. Thanks for the info. I'm gun shy on this purchase. I've used galaxy s5 since it came out and know it inside and out. Will the 7t have the options for root/unlocked BL/TWRP and custom roms? Are there any accessories I need for this phone. Sorry about all my questions/apprehension. Think I'm going to do it.

Trust me, sounds like we've both been on the same path... I had the s5 long ago. Yes, this phone can be unlocked and you can install custom roms. Here's the kicker, unlike all of our previous phones, the OnePlus actually grew out of the custom ROM community. Their first phone, the OnePlus One shipped with the Cyanogen OS operating system pre-installed, a commercial variant of CyanogenMod. It's grown up a bit since then... and today it's on OxygenOS, which is pretty much a clean version of Android with some additional features added. Bottom line, this phone feels less-bloated and constricting than ANY of my previous Androids, including the Pixels and Nexus'. Everything is available and Oxygen OS adds some awesome features I've never before seen on a phone.

Once you are up and running, make sure to check these apps out... they'll help to keep you plugged in and backed up when updates go wild:
Oxygen Updater
OnePlus Community (Beta)
OnePlus Switch (Beta)

PS I edited and added some additional info to my previous post... be sure to re-read.

Edit. Forgot to add... yes, definitely get the case and glass screen protector in this bundle:
https://www.oneplus.com/product/oneplus-7t-keep-it-safe-bundle

Quality and fit of both accessories was a HUGE surprise. I've never had such a high grade glass protector that feels like butter... in ALL my years. And the case has a sandstone texture to it that both looks awesome and helps with grip. Everything else is optional... but I also got a second Warp charger/cable (this is a proprietary charging protocol that is way faster than others). Everything else can be purchased elsewhere.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
CAUTION!!! Just had my first experience with OnePlus After-sales Support via chat... HORRENDOUS! I was crazy enough to buy 2x of these screen protectors for $59.98 last month. Yesterday, my first cracked so I just opened the second package. I did all the right steps... after installing it, I noticed the top right corner wouldn't stick. Upon inspection, I could see that about 1x1.5cm of the corner was missing the sticker layer that adheres the glass to the phone. I won't walk through my experience step-by-step... but here's some high points. First rep, Lucy Francis, told me that I was supposed to notify them of the defect BEFORE opening the package (wow, that makes a lot of sense!?). She then continued to blame me for the defect and eventually disconnected the chat, dropping my connection. The second rep, Ethan Maximus, went back to the same flawed logic with "As per policy, the defect or damage should be reported within 72 hours of purchase." It took me 15 minutes to walk them through the fact that I bought TWO and that there's no way to discover the second was defective UNTIL IT WAS INSTALLED. Bottom line, considering the exceptional premium you pay for OnePlus accessories, I was expecting at-par support as minimum. This was excruciating!!! The reps are stuck on their scripts and do whatever they can to avoid ANY costs on their end. Never again, neither the phone, nor their accessories. This is easily the worst, most illogical support experience I've had in 15 years. My updated recommendation --> AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS!
PM me if you want a copy of the chat log.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you really want to go the distance with the case I listed above... add these two skins to it:
https://dbrand.com/shop/oneplus-7t-skins

Here's selections:
Back - (don't select anything as you're using the case)
Camera - Black Swarm for $1.95
Logo - Orange for $0.95

Shipping will cost more than the skin parts... and although they don't mention it, dbrand will actually send you two of each item. Here's a pic that's close to the final result, note that you're applying the logo sticker to the sandstone case, so it'll look a bit more matte (matches XDA, not by accident):
https://prnt.sc/q5ckgf

Enjoy!

Last edited:

dookie23

Jul 6, 2010
HTC Dragon
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
I have read that there is no difference between the China (HydrogenOS) vs the International (OxygenOS) variant, in terms of hardware. Does that mean putting OxygenOS on the Chinese variant will be able to use same network bands as the International variant?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

B25 (1900+):
    Sprint - partial use

B32 (1500):
    None

B66 (1700/2100):
    AT&T - in use
    C Spire - in use
    T-Mobile - in use
    U.S. Cellular - in use
    Verizon - in use

Source:

The coupons are unfortunately a dime a dozen.
    Why is it unfortunate if you have unlimited coupons? Sounds good to me.

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app
    Here's the missing bands from this Asian variant of the 7t with carrier listings:

B25 (1900+):
    Sprint - partial use

B32 (1500):
    None

B66 (1700/2100):
    AT&T - in use
    C Spire - in use
    T-Mobile - in use
    U.S. Cellular - in use
    Verizon - in use

Source:

Personally, I wouldn't touch this variant if I lived in the US. Verizon picked up B66 back in 2015 and has been aggressively rolling it (AWS3) out across the US, see this FCC map: https://tinyurl.com/b66map

Yes, I'm aware B66 is a superset of B4... but with CDMA shutting down by the end of the year, this band is clearly core to VZW and other networks. If you buy this Asian variant, you're going to be severely hamstrung throughout the US.

No, the correct provisioning is "CDMA-Less" and you also need to confirm you have "HD Voice" for the phone to work. Wouldn't hurt to also ask them to remove the "LVC-Block" that gets added automatically when they populate your IMEI number (for Video Calling).

The phones WILL technically work as they support the Band 4 subset... but you wont be able to benefit from any of the latest Band 66 coverage that Verizon has been adding over the recent year, most of which is to boost download speeds (B66 is unpaired/asymmetric, with more allocated to downlinks).

Take a look on this page. The Chinese variants are lacking Band 66... so they won't connect to VZW via AWS-3 Blocks G-J or anything on AWS-4.

https://www.phonescoop.com/glossary/term.php?gid=570

Bottom line, yes, you will get a connection... you just won't get the best connection.

EDIT: On a good note, unlike any Pixels... you will be able to activate both nano SIMs on Verizon. The 7T, along with the 6T, are one of the few Android DSDS phones that are whitelisted on VZW's "Open Development" platform. After carrying 2 phones around for over 10 years... I now have both lines one one device. Joy!

Here's some clarification on the provisioning. Simple version is these are the features that are added and/or removed from your account based on your subscription choices and hardware support. Premium Visual Voicemail, for example, costs $2.99 per month. When you choose to add this to your phone, VZW "provisions" your account to add support for the feature. There's also provisioning that's required to support iOS devices... or LTE... or WiFi Calling, etc. So although the 7T has been whitelisted (link) and can be activated on VZW, some of the provisioning isn't automatic and you'll need a quick call to Tier 2 support to get all the phone features working.

Here's the steps. First, if you're moving from an iPhone... there's a small chance things can get hairy when/if you're planning to use Dual SIM (two discrete phone lines). If you are, let me know, I'll add some details. If you don't plan to activate two lines, then here's the easiest path coming from an iPhone:
    1) turn off iMessage on your iPhone (very easy, google it).
    2) not required... but if you can, it actually makes life easier if you first transfer your line to an old Android LTE device. This can be done online and doesn't cost anything. What this does is push some provisioning to your account that sticks around when you then activate the 7T. If you're already on Android, you can skip these two first steps.
    3) then call VZW, ask for a Tier 2 tech to activate the 7T.
    4) confirm "CDMA-Less" provisioning has been added.
    5) confirm "HD Voice" provisioning has been added.
    6) Optional... but you can also ask them to remove the "LVC-Block" provisioning that gets added automatically when they populate your IMEI number (for Video Calling).

All set. The only item that isn't working yet is Premium Visual Voicemail (transcribed to text). Visual Voicemail works. Also, if you know how to do it, you can activate RCS messaging.

I think that's about it... good luck!