FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[KERNEL] [blu_spark r75 OP7T/Pro] [OOS /Custom A10]

6,314 posts
Thanks Meter: 55,949

By eng.stk, Senior Member on 13th November 2019, 07:16 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from eng.stk: blu_spark r75 unified is up!
14th November 2019, 06:00 PM |#21  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lossyx

You can use EXKM or Franco kernel Manager.
It flashed and booted fine on my 7T Pro.

If there's no twrp, then you can't flash magisk, so how can you get root and flash through FK Manager ?
14th November 2019, 06:03 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eng.stk

Working fine.

OOS for OOS baswd ROMS.
Custom for AOSP/CAF source build ROMs.

Weird, never seen anything like that in any device for that matter.
7T Pro is working normal and all peachy.
Was it always like that or became so because of a ROM update?
Did you guys try to troubleshoot it, like removong the pronts and enroll again, clear Store data, etc?

Yep. Just tried. Fingerprint stopped working. Restored the back up created using the Backup Kernel feature, fingerprint work again but network are screwed. Reflashed the kernel, got network back and now no fingerprint.

What do I do now
14th November 2019, 06:07 PM |#23  
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 151

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sohansonu

If there's no twrp, then you can't flash magisk, so how can you get root and flash through FK Manager ?

Fastboot a magisk patched kernel or fastboot flash it directly Plenty of info in the Q&A section

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleck0112

Yep. Just tried. Fingerprint stopped working. Restored the back up created using the Backup Kernel feature, fingerprint work again but network are screwed. Reflashed the kernel, got network back and now no fingerprint.

What do I do now

I used EX Kernel manager and flashed EX kernel wifi is back, I just flashed back to stock magisk patched kernel from EX just an fyi.. I'll stay on EX until Blu is fixed

The Following User Says Thank You to morbidj For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift morbidj Ad-Free
14th November 2019, 06:14 PM |#24  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 2,929

More
So I have the fingerprint issue as well. It acts as if you booted up for the first time and requires a pin for additional security.

If you remove add them back it allows you to add a fingerprint but if you close the screen it requires a pin for additional security.

Lemme know if you need logs or to test I'm available 😬

Canadian variant
10.0.6 HD65AA

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

Also, it does the same thing with face unlock, so it's not a problem with fingerprint and more so with a system involving the lock screen/security.

Hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChongoDroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ChongoDroid Ad-Free
14th November 2019, 06:15 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbidj

Fastboot a magisk patched kernel or fastboot flash it directly Plenty of info in the Q&A section

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

I used EX Kernel manager and flashed EX kernel wifi is back, I just flashed back to stock magisk patched kernel from EX just an fyi.. I'll stay on EX until Blu is fixed

Yes I flashed Ex straight from Blu and now everything works, root still there.
Just an extra question, if Im staying on Ex then can I update to 10.0.6 when its avail to me or do I need to go back to stock?
14th November 2019, 06:20 PM |#26  
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 151

More
You can update from EX but you'll want to use magisk to preserve root after the update prior to rebooting after updating.. You'll need to reflash a custom kernel after boot tho.

14th November 2019, 06:24 PM |#27  
Flag Vancouver

More
Okay, now this is weird. I was seeing if there was any combination and if I added fingerprints and face unlock, it would allow me to try fingerprint but it wouldn't recognize.

Now, it seems both face unlock and fingerprint work but the fingerprint seems really inaccurate. It asked me for a pin like 3 times but now I can't reproduce it at all 🤔

So both work for me now but the FP says not recognized like 6/10 times.

Lol I have no idea.
14th November 2019, 07:06 PM |#28  
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGimpGrumble

working fine here on my 7T! Running like a champ... Thanks!!

So all good in your case, including FPR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChongoDroid

So I have the fingerprint issue as well. It acts as if you booted up for the first time and requires a pin for additional security.

If you remove add them back it allows you to add a fingerprint but if you close the screen it requires a pin for additional security.

Lemme know if you need logs or to test I'm available

Canadian variant
10.0.6 HD65AA

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

Also, it does the same thing with face unlock, so it's not a problem with fingerprint and more so with a system involving the lock screen/security.

Hope this helps.

Quote:

Okay, now this is weird. I was seeing if there was any combination and if I added fingerprints and face unlock, it would allow me to try fingerprint but it wouldn't recognize.

Now, it seems both face unlock and fingerprint work but the fingerprint seems really inaccurate. It asked me for a pin like 3 times but now I can't reproduce it at all 🤔

So both work for me now but the FP says not recognized like 6/10 times.

Lol I have no idea.

I'm not entirely convinced this is not a thing of previous OTAs.
I have a clean flashed OOS 10.0.3 in my 7T pro with PIN, FPR works flawlessly like my other devices.
Would be useful if someone could format the device and test it out since I can't reproduce it.
14th November 2019, 07:24 PM |#29  
Flag Vancouver

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eng.stk

So all good in your case, including FPR?

I'm not entirely convinced this is not a thing of previous OTAs.
I have a clean flashed OOS 10.0.3 in my 7T pro with PIN, FPR works flawlessly like my other devices.
Would be useful if someone could format the device and test it out since I can't reproduce it.

Yeah I'll give mine a format in a sec.

I'm on 10.0.6 if that makes a difference.
14th November 2019, 07:39 PM |#30  
Quote:

Yeah I'll give mine a format in a sec.

I'm on 10.0.6 if that makes a difference.

Well it could, test them both if you can (I think 7T had 10.0.5 equivalent to our 10.0.3, idk):
Format, go root, flash blu_spark and enroll fingerprints
14th November 2019, 08:13 PM |#31  
Flag Postulo forklift ad portandum iste
Thanks Meter: 1,541

More
Just flashed and face unlock seems fine...will try more extensively. OTOH last night I had about an hour whee face unlock was hinky and then was fine. Maybe it was environmental, Don't know. 10.0.5 still, the OTA to 10.0.6 hasn't come here yet.

Didn't see in changelog, have you backported anything from newer 4.14.X kernel stuff? Just wondering.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)