FORUMS

[XPOSED][18/MAY] OPAodMod - Always on Display with lots of options

8,133 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,890

By Quinny899, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 17th May 2020, 07:18 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

OPAodMod is an Xposed module that provides OnePlus devices on OxygenOS and HydrogenOS with an always on display like that on the Pixels (and other devices). It's existed for a while, but in the last few months stopped working due to the main developer (RetroX) moving on to another device. I picked it up, and after initially providing modded versions with only fixes and simple additions, was kindly given access to the full source code. OPAodMod has now been fully translated, with a new GUI which is easier to use.

Features:
  • Always on display, which runs all the time - unlike the OnePlus version
  • Customisable layout, with options including three digital clock styles, two word clocks and a DVD screensaver (it's exactly what you think it is)
  • Notification display, showing the text of a notification when you receive it and dropping back to just an icon after a few seconds
  • Option to only display when you 'raise' your phone
  • Option to hide the screen when flipped/in your pocket, disable it overnight, or after a time period (10 minutes or 15 seconds)
  • Show your next alarm, current weather, and currently playing music
  • Display a short message (like that on your lockscreen)
  • Full settings GUI for the module with a live preview of your clock

Screenshots:
Hover to see description
"Default" layoutFlat layoutFlat music layout
Flat layout with word clock enabledModule statusModule settings

Installation Guide:
- Install Riru Core in Magisk
- Install either EdXposed Canary (recommended - Canary may need to be downloaded from the EdXposed app after installing) or TaiChi from Magisk
- Install the module APK
- Enable the module in EdXposed or TaiChi
- Follow the Required Setup in the app
- Reboot your device
- Check the AoD is working and set it up how you like

Download:
Version 3.0.1b
Attached Files
File Type: apk OPAodMod-v3.0-KQ.apk - [Click for QR Code] (2.86 MB, 1810 views)
File Type: apk OPAodMod-v3.0.1b-KQ.apk - [Click for QR Code] (2.89 MB, 1818 views)
The Following 36 Users Say Thank You to Quinny899 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th May 2020, 07:40 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks! Just to confirm, this has burn-in protection implemented? Any idea on the impact in the battery life?
17th May 2020, 07:49 PM |#3  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Salford, Greater Manchester, UK

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaaam

Thanks! Just to confirm, this has burn-in protection implemented? Any idea on the impact in the battery life?

Yes, this has burn in protection. The battery life does take a noticeable hit, I'm looking at ways to mitigate it better.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Quinny899 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th May 2020, 08:27 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinny899

Yes, this has burn in protection. The battery life does take a noticeable hit, I'm looking at ways to mitigate it better.

Thanks for confirming! I'll try it out. Looking forward to more features and optimizations.
18th May 2020, 10:14 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
This is awesome!
Just installed it now and it works AMAZING!

One thing I really wish it had is the Fingerprint unlock option on the AoD, but i'm guessing it might be a bit more work.
Is there a way I can participate in the development of the module?
18th May 2020, 10:32 AM |#6  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armageda

This is awesome!
Just installed it now and it works AMAZING!

One thing I really wish it had is the Fingerprint unlock option on the AoD, but i'm guessing it might be a bit more work.
Is there a way I can participate in the development of the module?

Fingerprint works on the AoD. Chances are because you've just rebooted, it's falling back to the PIN. When it works from the lockscreen, it'll work on the AoD.

Unfortunately while I was given access to the source code privately, it's still not open source so there's no public development access.
The Following User Says Thank You to Quinny899 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th May 2020, 10:40 AM |#7  

More
Quote:

Fingerprint works on the AoD. Chances are because you've just rebooted, it's falling back to the PIN. When it works from the lockscreen, it'll work on the AoD.

Unfortunately while I was given access to the source code privately, it's still not open source so there's no public development access.

I just noticed that the FP does indeed work, but the FP icon is not showing for some reason.
I'm on OP7TP McLaren if that helps.

It does show up on the lockscreen, though.
18th May 2020, 12:19 PM |#8  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armageda

I just noticed that the FP does indeed work, but the FP icon is not showing for some reason.
I'm on OP7TP McLaren if that helps.

It does show up on the lockscreen, though.

That's kind of intentional, though I would like to add an option to make it show an indication of where the sensor is. It's more minimal without it though.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quinny899 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th May 2020, 12:33 PM |#9  

More
Quote:

That's kind of intentional, though I would like to add an option to make it show an indication of where the sensor is. It's more minimal without it though.

Yes, it's minimalistic-looking without it, but it would be nice to have it toggleable
18th May 2020, 12:39 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
If I remember correctly, in RetroX's version it was impossible to hide notification text for apps that weren't China-specific. Is that still the case?
The Following User Says Thank You to Sauronych For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sauronych Ad-Free
18th May 2020, 12:49 PM |#11  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauronych

If I remember correctly, in RetroX's version it was impossible to hide notification text for apps that weren't China-specific. Is that still the case?

There's a short list of apps that are hidden with the toggle enabled:

I'll probably add a GUI to edit them at some point, but might just add some package names to the list before that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quinny899 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
always on display, ambient display, module, oneplus, xposed

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)