[XPOSED][11/Apr][v3.3] OPAodMod - Always on Display with lots of options

Search This thread

c19932

Jun 9, 2010
Google Pixel 6
if you guys made any changes/reinstalled magisk or edxposed, make sure you guys clear google play services's CACHE (probably for play store as well) to pass safetynet! or else t will keep failing

NHNXDA

Jan 26, 2008
if you guys made any changes/reinstalled magisk or edxposed, make sure you guys clear google play services's CACHE (probably for play store as well) to pass safetynet! or else t will keep failing

How bizarre, didn't need to do that before, although I did yesterday & didnt help, but today it's worked, strange but true lol, thanks bud.

jcostantino

Oct 2, 2006
Sunrise, FL
So to clarify, Magisk 20.4, Magisk Manager 7.5.1, Riru Core 21.2, Riru Edexposed 0.5.0.0, Edexposed Manager 4.5.7, Blacklist Google Play Services and Google Services Framework, clear GPS cache, done. My phone now passes according to Magisk.

Reactions: sjamie
Automatic brightness doesn't work if the system automatic brightness isn't toggled.

---------- Post added at 20:48 ---------- Previous post was at 20:45 ----------

This mod would be perfect if we can set a schedule to turn it off (when sleeping for example) or a QS shortcut to turn on/off.
As for battery it could be better if linked to a custom kernel to use deep sleep, no?
I was using an aod app before that had a "superuser" mode specially for rooted users, it will make the phone use battery saving mode when aod is working, it helped like 1/3 more battery

You can use a QS toggle to turn it off install Gravitybox

NHNXDA

Jan 26, 2008
So to clarify, Magisk 20.4, Magisk Manager 7.5.1, Riru Core 21.2, Riru Edexposed 0.5.0.0, Edexposed Manager 4.5.7, Blacklist Google Play Services and Google Services Framework, clear GPS cache, done. My phone now passes according to Magisk.

Aod won't hook now for some bizarre reason, argghhhhhh.

Anyone else getting hooking issues?

SynaTech

this mod is amazing, safetynet passing with 0.5.0.0 and working great, just wondering if there is or will be any way to make the clock larger while in aod?

edit: anyway to turn this off when android auto turns on? the battery gets burnt through when using android auto and this module.

Last edited:

Aka$h2002

Aug 26, 2018
Bug report

The mod is awesome. Thanks a lot for this excellent mod.
I love it. Though there seems to be a small bug.
Whenever music is playing and it shows the lyrics.
It can't display apostrophe.
It instead displays something like '
Say for example if the word is I'm then it will show it like this.
I'm.
I don't know if it's a common issue or happening only with me
Screenshots of my music settings are attached and I'm using YouTube music.
view

view

view

nplezka

Jan 5, 2012
The mod is awesome. Thanks a lot for this excellent mod.
I love it. Though there seems to be a small bug.
Whenever music is playing and it shows the lyrics.
It can't display apostrophe.
It instead displays something like '
Say for example if the word is I'm then it will show it like this.
I'm.
I don't know if it's a common issue or happening only with me
Screenshots of my music settings are attached and I'm using YouTube music.
view

view

view
I can confirm, I'm on YT Music too.

Anyway the drain is huge, so I disabled it for the moment. I'll follow the thread and wait a more stable build :D

felek73

Jun 28, 2009
Warsaw
OnePlus 7 Pro
I can confirm, I'm on YT Music too.

Anyway the drain is huge, so I disabled it for the moment. I'll follow the thread and wait a more stable build :D
I'm afraid there is nothing to be done to decrease battery drain without kernel level change. Although the implementation is great , (thanks to dev) battery drain kills this app. With AoD there is about 6% per hour without it 's about 1,5%

Quinny899

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 26, 2011
Salford, Greater Manchester, UK
quinny898.co.uk
I'm afraid there is nothing to be done to decrease battery drain without kernel level change. Although the implementation is great , (thanks to dev) battery drain kills this app. With AoD there is about 6% per hour without it 's about 1,5%

There are some possible options actually

- Force doze mode while the AoD is showing
- Enable battery saver while the AoD is showing
- Reduce the refresh rate to 60Hz while the AoD is showing (the display does not have a mode for lower)
- Lower the brightness a lot while the AoD is showing

These will all likely become options at some point.

felek73

Jun 28, 2009
Warsaw
OnePlus 7 Pro
There are some possible options actually

- Force doze mode while the AoD is showing
- Enable battery saver while the AoD is showing
- Reduce the refresh rate to 60Hz while the AoD is showing (the display does not have a mode for lower)
- Lower the brightness a lot while the AoD is showing

These will all likely become options at some point.
I hope I'm wrong and you're right ..i tried 3rd point (60Hz) using tasker.. didn't seems to help but 4th option looks promising..will try that with tasker also

Quinny899

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 26, 2011
Salford, Greater Manchester, UK
quinny898.co.uk
I hope I'm wrong and you're right ..i tried 3rd point (60Hz) using tasker.. didn't seems to help but 4th option looks promising..will try that with tasker also

I've got tasker tasks that do both and they do help a little - but not much. I'll be interested what OnePlus do themselves, whether they add a lower refresh rate display mode to the kernel or just ship a battery draining AoD and say "well that's what you all wanted"

Reactions: gasgiver

jcostantino

Oct 2, 2006
Sunrise, FL
Ok, new issue for me. Now I have a black screen in YouTube for video and the camera live display does not work. If I fling up on either, the last frame of video is in the previously black box.

Edit: might have had something to do with jOnePlus tools.

Last edited:

vegetaleb

I've got tasker tasks that do both and they do help a little - but not much. I'll be interested what OnePlus do themselves, whether they add a lower refresh rate display mode to the kernel or just ship a battery draining AoD and say "well that's what you all wanted"

They are working on aod for a good time now probably to make it battery friendly. I am using now crdroid and aosp AOD is using only 4% battery per hour because linked to a kernel. Tested over 2 hours with normak apps usage in background.
So yes it's possible to make an AOD with 3-4% battery per hour

Reactions: Quinny899
They are working on aod for a good time now probably to make it battery friendly. I am using now crdroid and aosp AOD is using only 4% battery per hour because linked to a kernel. Tested over 2 hours with normak apps usage in background.
So yes it's possible to make an AOD with 3-4% battery per hour
I used to lose around 0.8-1% per hour with AOD on my Pixel 2 XL...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GXqzezol.png

OPAodMod is an Xposed module that provides OnePlus devices on OxygenOS and HydrogenOS with an always on display like that on the Pixels (and other devices). It's existed for a while, but in the last few months stopped working due to the main developer (RetroX) moving on to another device. I picked it up, and after initially providing modded versions with only fixes and simple additions, was kindly given access to the full source code. OPAodMod has now been fully translated, with a new GUI which is easier to use.

Features:
    • Always on display, which runs all the time - unlike the OnePlus version
    • Customisable layout, with options including seven themes, including Pixel and OnePlus (OnePlus supports all the system clock styles too), and a DVD screensaver (it's exactly what you think it is)
    • Notification display, showing the text of a notification when you receive it and dropping back to just an icon after a few seconds
    • Live music lyrics on supported themes
    • Battery Optimisation options such as forcing doze and setting the refresh rate to 60Hz when the AoD is showing
    • Option to only display when you 'raise' your phone
    • Option to hide the screen when flipped/in your pocket, disable it overnight, or after a time period (10 minutes or 15 seconds)
    • Show your next alarm, current weather, and currently playing music
    • Display a short message (like that on your lockscreen)
    • Full settings GUI for the module with a live preview of your clock
    • Quick Settings toggle to enable/disable the AoD
    • Support for Ambient Music Mod for displaying ambient Now Playing tracks on the AoD

Screenshots:
    Hover to see description

[URL="https://i.imgur.com/eGrJe8U.png"]
    eGrJe8Ul.png
    [/URL]

Installation Guide:
    - Install Riru Core in Magisk
    - Install either EdXposed Canary (recommended - Canary may need to be downloaded from the EdXposed app after installing) or TaiChi from Magisk
    - Install the module APK
    - Enable the module in EdXposed or TaiChi
    - Follow the Required Setup in the app
    - Reboot your device
    - Check the AoD is working and set it up how you like

Download:
    Version 3.3
    Version 3.1 is now available in the first post
    Changelog said:
    Added two new themes: Pixel and OnePlus. OnePlus theme supports all the current OnePlus Ambient Display clocks
    Added battery optimisation options, including reducing the frame rate, forcing doze mode and enabling battery saver
    Fixed auto brightness
    Added bullet point divider option to new settings UI
    Added option to hide the divider on the default theme
    Added two new weather icon styles: Pixel and OnePlus (emoji is still there for now)
    Fixed crash when clicking the weather option in settings when weather app isn't installed
    Fixed current weather setting breaking when switching between screens
    Improved settings to only show settings relevant to the current theme
    Improved settings preview to adapt to the current screen, showing weather and music on those respective screens
    Added AoD toggle to main screen to turn it off entirely, and a quick settings toggle to do the same
    Fixed AoD showing notifications when they arrive when the device's proximity sensor senses it's in a pocket/upside down
    Fixed lyrics when using System music listener
    Fixed & in lyrics, translated some text
    Added some translations to missed UI elements
    Removed hardcoded volume steps to use the system provided date instead
    Screenshots of the new themes and the QS tile are also in the first post

Please remember to reboot after updating for the module to work correctly!
    Bugfix release 3.1.1 is now also released, fixes a crash with the OnePlus clock style on some devices.
    I dont know why, but it consumes like 5-6% per hour on stock settings. Which settings are good for low bat usage? I deactivated the notifications, music, weather and clock synchro is on system broadcast.

3.01b Oneplus 7 Pro

Wait until the next update in a few days, it has options that will reduce the drain
    Are you still working on this?

Got other stuff going on at the moment but will be back working on it soon™️