FORUMS

Overall love

807 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,241

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 6th September 2019, 02:07 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
Yes, yes, it's possible to love a phone. Heck, you sleep next to it, don't you? Rate this thread to indicate your love for the OnePlus 7T, all things considered. A higher rating indicates that the OnePlus 7T is an incredible phone that you enjoy tremendously. You love it.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
31st October 2019, 12:07 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Hello to all OnePlus 7T owners out there! I don't know if this is the right place to ask but what is your favourite thing about this phone and what is the thing you want to complain about, even if it is totally subjective? I am looking forward to your answers! Cheers
31st October 2019, 01:14 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Super fast, the first phone or tablet I've seen that opens Pennsylvania's 20+MB hunting digest PDF and scroll perfectly...

The speaker.. omg super loud and clear who needs a Bluetooth speaker now!?!

Rugged case selection in stock shipping from an American warehouse is really poor..
The Following User Says Thank You to uberjon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift uberjon Ad-Free
4th November 2019, 11:57 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 102

More
Insane device. Also love the new camera bump as the design is a little bit fresh
The Following User Says Thank You to Renegade1504 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Renegade1504 Ad-Free
9th November 2019, 02:04 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 105

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by uberjon

Super fast, the first phone or tablet I've seen that opens Pennsylvania's 20+MB hunting digest PDF and scroll perfectly...

The speaker.. omg super loud and clear who needs a Bluetooth speaker now!?!

Rugged case selection in stock shipping from an American warehouse is really poor..

it's clearly, I have not been impressed with the speaker, did you do anything with your settings or Dolby to get it working better?
14th November 2019, 08:06 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell_Guy

it's clearly, I have not been impressed with the speaker, did you do anything with your settings or Dolby to get it working better?

Nope nothing different haven't even messed with Dolby
6th December 2019, 05:32 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Buyer beware of the rear glass and OPs handling of what is clearly a design defect...very easily scratched deeply
The Following User Says Thank You to chazman1117 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chazman1117 Ad-Free
9th December 2019, 08:04 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazman1117

Buyer beware of the rear glass and OPs handling of what is clearly a design defect...very easily scratched deeply

Luckily they may screen protectors for this about 6 USD for a 5 pack on Amazon

---------- Post added at 08:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

Amazing phone! Stacks up with the super brands all day long at half the price .
14th January 2020, 05:34 PM |#9  
Flag Upstate New York
Thanks Meter: 31

More
I should be getting one of these today unless FedEx decides to do some more creative routing. The phone has already traveled about 2,300 miles to get to me from an origin point about 150 miles away. New Jersey to New York via Memphis, Tennessee. And I paid extra for that.

The only things I really care about in a phone are the processor, GPU, RAM, connectivity, basic call quality, and GPS. The rest falls under the heading of "stuff I never use." I'll be back with my narrowly-scoped observations on those aspects within a few days, the good Lord and FedEx willing.
14th January 2020, 11:03 PM |#10  
Flag Upstate New York

More
Okay, here are a few preliminary impressions.

Setup: Painless.

GPS: Surprisingly good. This is an important feature for me because I do mapping work. I almost didn't buy this phone because of all the complaints about the GPS that I read. But then I realized that literally every other phone in the phone-using world had just as many or more complaints about GPS, so I decided to try it for myself.

Bad GPS would have resulted in my returning this phone, but it actually did quite well. With all four systems in use, I tool it for a roughly 20-mile drive through an area that practically all GPS receivers have a hard time with because of the topography. It maintained a 3D fix with 3-meter accuracy for the whole length of the trip, which is outstanding.

I also tried to test it with Magic Earth, but being your basic idiot, I forgot to download the offline maps first; so that report will be forthcoming.

Overall Design: I'm probably not the one to comment on that. I'd use a brick phone if it delivered the best performance.

Call Quality: Seems okay when talking to myself from one of my other phones. Maybe a tad tinny, but not horrid.

Bluetooth: I can hear the GPS voice over my car's Bluetooth system, which is all I care about.

Signal Strength: Three bars on ATT, which is about average for where I live. I'll check the actual signal strength later.

WiFi: 5GHz works well anywhere in my house, which was all I tested.

So far, no deal-killers.
15th January 2020, 01:35 AM |#11  
Flag Upstate New York

More
LTE speed isn't bad for the boonies: 82.69 Mbps down, 6.50 Mbps up. That's on AT&T prepaid.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200114-192528.jpg
Views:	532
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	4926731  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)