FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Screen on time

810 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,816

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 6th September 2019, 02:07 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
It's amazing how much we actually use our phones in a given day, especially when we watch "videos"! Rate this thread to express how many hours of screen-on time you can get on the OnePlus 7T before depleting the battery.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
The Following User Says Thank You to XDA_RealLifeReview For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift XDA_RealLifeReview Ad-Free
19th September 2019, 06:05 PM |#2  
Flag Navi Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 672

More
OnePlus 7T, unlike the predecessor OnePlus 7, is
confirmed to have 90Hz refresh rate.
Hence, whoever is going to post SOT, do not forget to mention refresh rate used (90/60 Hz), screen resolution, "tweaks" and "measures" taken in settings etc. Also show full screenshots. Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Virgo_Guy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Virgo_Guy Ad-Free
27th September 2019, 04:53 PM |#3  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 60

More
GSMArena has given an endurance rating of only 84 hrs (90hz) & 89 hrs (60hz) which are not that great considering OP7 which had 102 hrs. I cant understand even at 60hz why so much difference compared to its predecessor?
GuestK00264
27th September 2019, 05:01 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by linom

GSMArena has given an endurance rating of only 84 hrs (90hz) & 89 hrs (60hz) which are not that great considering OP7 which had 102 hrs. I cant understand even at 60hz why so much difference compared to its predecessor?

Higher clock frequencies
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
28th September 2019, 01:32 PM |#5  
Flag Kayseri
Thanks Meter: 17

More
So is there way to underclock to 855 rates and get about 100+ hour battery endurance ? It's big hearthbreak for me these battery stats, still better than my HTC U11, I get around 3.5-4 hours screen on time. Device 2 years old.
The Following User Says Thank You to uygar2580 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift uygar2580 Ad-Free
29th September 2019, 12:10 AM |#6  
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 2,361

Donate to Me
More
Not sure it'll compare to my OnePlus 5 record

Of 14 hours 40 something minutes in one charge

But I think 10 hours should be possible.

Here's my old thread, I always requested proof, app list, battery stats and installed ROM.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...t-sot-t3780178
30th September 2019, 11:31 PM |#7  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 1,679

More
Just received my Oneplus 7T.
SOT is average for me.
But it's satisfy my needs.
Getting 6 hrs + SOT.
Black theme, 60hz display settings.
And some pubg play.
1st October 2019, 12:21 AM |#8  
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 2,361

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanAJoshi

SOT is average for me.
Getting 6 hrs + SOT.
And some pubg play.

PUBG and still 6 hours? Nice.
1st October 2019, 12:22 AM |#9  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 1,679

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dladz

PUBG and still 6 hours? Nice.

No played much, max for 40 mins, in that 6 hrs.
1st October 2019, 05:09 AM |#10  
brightness?
Since this screen is a 1000 nit, could it be the auto brightness settings are up way to high, and thus much higher battery use. As far as i know, the clocks on the 855+ are a result of binning, so same voltage with those clocks, unless that is inaccurate?
watching this vid, with what he says is equalized brightness he manages to get 3+ hours of pubg, along with youtube etc, for 8:46 of SOT. Now as i have a 6T this is pretty appealing, but reading a lot of reviews, it seems 5.5 to 6 hours is the average and i wonder is that because of having brightness wayyy up, if the slider isnt balanced, or rather linear. 50% could be 500nit, which is max brightness on a lot of other screens. Thats 45nits brighter than max on a 6T for example. Just trying to sort out the discrepancy, between this gaming test, and what reviewers are getting. I cant imaging 4g modem is that big of a difference.

—------------Update-------------
Quote:

In terms of battery life, the 7T put in 8 hours and 47 minutes of work in Tom's Guide's custom battery test, where phones endlessly cycle through websites at 150 nits of screen brightness until they run out of juice. Decent though that is, that's not only worse than the OnePlus 7 Pro (9:31); it pales significantly when compared to the iPhone 11 (11:20) and Samsung's Galaxy S10 Plus (12:35).

this from Tom's hardware seems to rule out over bright theory as they control nits to 150, but that seems crazy compared to the gaming vid we see above that shows a mere 45 mins less while streaming video and 3+ hours of pubg. It can't possibly be as demanding to refresh a web page at 150 nits. Judging by the video as well brightness looked easily over that level. So guess we'll have to wait for the IRL user reports
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	oneplus.jpg
Views:	1174
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	4832389  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gn0s1s For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gn0s1s Ad-Free
1st October 2019, 03:08 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanAJoshi

SOT is average for me.
Getting 6 hrs + SOT.
And some pubg play.

Please post screenshots