FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Sort of getting back OnePlus gestures

135 posts
Thanks Meter: 49

By Peketr, Senior Member on 24th October 2019, 10:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
So I was investigating a little about the matter, I noticed that
A) albeit not visible, it was in the settings app's layouts as gesture_navigation_bar_deprecated
in op_navigation_bar_gestures_settings.xml
B) it had settings(op_gesture_button_side_enabled and others) I could manipulate through adb

What I have found out:
If you run
adb shell settings put system op_gesture_button_side_enabled 0
the back gesture gets put back to the bottom edge. However it isn't all good, as the assistant gesture stays in the corner, and the home/appswitcher gesture gets triggered a lot too, when using the back gesture.
I hope someone has an idea how to improve on this, as in its current form it is highly useless, and I wouldn't recommend it.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Peketr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Peketr Ad-Free
30th October 2019, 03:51 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
OMG PLEASE keep investigating this. i am desparate to change back to old Oneplus gestures!!
The Following User Says Thank You to phynesse For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift phynesse Ad-Free
30th October 2019, 04:42 PM |#3  
Flag DC by way of BK
Thanks Meter: 357

More
What's the benefit to the OnePlus gestures?

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app
30th October 2019, 09:26 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuncE718

What's the benefit to the OnePlus gestures?

The back gestures is from bottom edge either side, so it doesn't conflict with almost every app as Google's implementation does
The Following User Says Thank You to Peketr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Peketr Ad-Free
30th October 2019, 09:27 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phynesse

OMG PLEASE keep investigating this. i am desparate to change back to old Oneplus gestures!!

If I have time I do.
Don't worry I'll keep you posted if I find anything
31st October 2019, 12:55 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Interesting but it could be code that has not been cleaned up, it may disappear in a future release.

If you want old OnePlus gestures, you can use : https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=com.xda.nobar
With option "Split the pill in 3" and "Hide navbar", you can have (and customize) the same old OnePlus gestures.
31st October 2019, 02:07 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xzorg6

Interesting but it could be code that has not been cleaned up, it may disappear in a future release.

If you want old OnePlus gestures, you can use : https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=com.xda.nobar
With option "Split the pill in 3" and "Hide navbar", you can have (and customize) the same old OnePlus gestures.

You do know that all other op devices with a10 have the old gestures too?
31st October 2019, 04:10 AM |#8  
Flag DC by way of BK
Thanks Meter: 357

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peketr

The back gestures is from bottom edge either side, so it doesn't conflict with almost every app as Google's implementation does

Ohhhhhh, in that case IDK why they took that away cause Google's gestures definitely gets in the way. It takes some getting used to.

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app
3rd November 2019, 07:10 AM |#9  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 2,910

More
I wouldn't mind Google's if it was just on lower half of the screen or even just on the right side. I wonder if we can modify this.
6th November 2019, 09:41 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
hi, i tried everything, but finally using Fluid gesture , highly recommend for anyone in search for smooth customization gestures
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...fluid&hl=en_IN
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)