More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko94

reboot to twrp, flash carbon, reboot recovery, flash gapps etc

Ok I noticed we had a twrp installer zip but the latest twrp didn't provide one
29th June 2020, 08:57 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 695

More
Followed steps in op now stuck on boot antimation screen been there for 7 minutes
29th June 2020, 09:28 AM |#23  
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 1,147

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman5844

Followed steps in op now stuck on boot antimation screen been there for 7 minutes

formated data ?
29th June 2020, 09:33 AM |#24  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko94

formated data ?

Thanks I did and everything is good 😊
The Following User Says Thank You to musicman5844 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift musicman5844 Ad-Free
29th June 2020, 10:20 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 87

More
Quote:

Thanks I did and everything is good 😊

Hi!

Since there was also much confusion for me with installing it, can you tell your exact steps from oos to carbon? Thanks in advance!
30th June 2020, 03:42 AM |#26  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze9090

Hi!

Since there was also much confusion for me with installing it, can you tell your exact steps from oos to carbon? Thanks in advance!

From
stock to carbon I booted fastboot hooked device to PC typed fastboot-w then booted latest twrp flashed carbon rebooted recovery which gave me stock recovery then went back to PC fastbooted twrp again flashed gapps flashed magisk then reboot to system ( note might get stuck on carbon boot animation just reboot to recovery which is stock wipe data are full wipe then reboot system and done ((( note all this work and unnecessary bull is very stupid when all twrp op has to do is provide a installer zip to keep twrp )) which will also be so much easier I bet once more roms start up and more and more people complain op are twrp dev will provide a installer zip cause this is actually foolish
30th June 2020, 03:54 AM |#27  
Flag mysore
Thanks Meter: 230

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

From
stock to carbon I booted fastboot hooked device to PC typed fastboot-w then booted latest twrp flashed carbon rebooted recovery which gave me stock recovery then went back to PC fastbooted twrp again flashed gapps flashed magisk then reboot to system ( note might get stuck on carbon boot animation just reboot to recovery which is stock wipe data are full wipe then reboot system and done ((( note all this work and unnecessary bull is very stupid when all twrp op has to do is provide a installer zip to keep twrp )) which will also be so much easier I bet once more roms start up and more and more people complain op are twrp dev will provide a installer zip cause this is actually foolish

Thank you very much, op was providing TWRP installer before main TWRP thread posted new build with the commit. IG you can still find the installer in one of the posts in TWRP thread.
30th June 2020, 04:19 AM |#28  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by areyouanand

Thank you very much, op was providing TWRP installer before main TWRP thread posted new build with the commit. IG you can still find the installer in one of the posts in TWRP thread.

True but the installer zip needs to match the latest twrp.img to work older twrp won't flash the rom only the latest twrp will . Which has no installer zip to use with it that's the main problem it's totally a pain to go through what I did took me me 2.5 hours to flash it setup imagine going through that 10 times until you find the right rom that you like and the time you spend going through it when all twrp dev has to do is provide a installer zip and keep it current .. I could be wrong here but I feel once more roms start up and make them flash able a ton of users will complain just my thoughts is all and if things are not changed are at least build twrp in the rom like 90% of op7pro devs are doing which makes it even easier but this is just my thoughts on it most importantly I even had help flashing this and had to ask questions myself . And got my questions answered by some great guys and to them thanks
30th June 2020, 08:35 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 1,870

More
Quote:

True but the installer zip needs to match the latest twrp.img to work older twrp won't flash the rom only the latest twrp will . Which has no installer zip to use with it that's the main problem it's totally a pain to go through what I did took me me 2.5 hours to flash it setup imagine going through that 10 times until you find the right rom that you like and the time you spend going through it when all twrp dev has to do is provide a installer zip and keep it current .. I could be wrong here but I feel once more roms start up and make them flash able a ton of users will complain just my thoughts is all and if things are not changed are at least build twrp in the rom like 90% of op7pro devs are doing which makes it even easier but this is just my thoughts on it most importantly I even had help flashing this and had to ask questions myself . And got my questions answered by some great guys and to them thanks

There is a twrp installer available , that you can use to flash permanently any twrp version
30th June 2020, 08:50 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cultofluna

There is a twrp installer available , that you can use to flash permanently any twrp version

I dont think we have installer for "TWRP 3.4.0-1 Test by mauronofrio"
30th June 2020, 08:50 AM |#31  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cultofluna

So you are saying there is a installer zip for 3.4.0.1 twrp
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)