FORUMS

[ROM][STOCK][FASTBOOT][OP8P] Stock Fastboot ROMs for OnePlus 8 Pro

4,248 posts
Thanks Meter: 12,945

Post Reply Email Thread
Things are changing with the advent of project treble and seamless updates. OnePlus will no longer release ROMs flashable via recovery (either stock) because is no more needed. The updates will be done on the slot not used for example if you are using slot a the update will be installed on slot b and the slot b will be set as default. If you brick and you are in bootloop how you can restore the rom? You can't with Stock ROM you have, because the zip can be only installed via Update Engine, so what can you do? Flash a stock rom via fastboot. I have extracted all images from the stock zip and i have made a new zip with the Fastboot ROM with a flash-all.bat included. This will work only if your bootloader is unlocked. This will erase all your data and will wipe your internal storage.

HOW TO FLASH
This version is only for not branded devices
Download the zip;
Unpack the zip in a folder;
Reboot the OnePlus 8 Pro in fastboot-bootloader mode (Power and volume + and volume-);
Connect the OnePlus 8 Pro to PC;
Run flash-all.bat flasher you need;
Wait until the process end;
The phone will automatically reboot.

DOWNLOAD

All roms on Sourceforge: https://sourceforge.net/projects/fas...Plus%208%20Pro

BRANDED PHONE
For now branded device are not supported

MANUAL FLASH: Windows - OSX - Linux

If you want to manual flash these roms these are the commands (You need the latest sdk platform tools, you can find it here

Is reccomended to format data or the rom cannot boot:
Code:
fastboot -w
Others Commands to flash a fastboot rom
Code:
fastboot flash aop aop.img
fastboot flash bluetooth bluetooth.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash dsp dsp.img
fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
fastboot flash LOGO LOGO.img
fastboot flash modem modem.img
fastboot flash oem_stanvbk oem_stanvbk.img
fastboot flash qupfw qupfw.img
fastboot flash storsec storsec.img
fastboot flash multiimgoem multiimgoem.img
fastboot flash uefisecapp uefisecapp.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img
fastboot flash opproduct opproduct.img
fastboot reboot fastboot
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
fastboot flash product product.img
fastboot reboot

REMEMBER
"Invalid sparce file format at header magic" is not an error, you need to wait a bit when you see that string, just wait.

If the device automatically reboot in Stock Recovery mode don't reboot it and wait the flash end.

These ROMs can't be used to update or downgrade your phone but just to restore your phone.

If the rom seems doesn't start go in recovery stock and follow this guideline: English -> Wipe data and cache -> Erase everything.

If you want to rebrand your phone from HydrogenOS to OxygenOS you can follow this guide: Rebrand Guide

If you want you can use also my tool to flash Factory Images, unlock bootloader, flash twrp or to understand if the device is recognized: https://toolaio.tk/

If you got some problems like write error or no partition, check this: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...5&postcount=34

DONATE LINK

If you want to support this and others my projects please consider making a donation, thanks.

Donate link
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to mauronofrio For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2020, 02:20 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Can you please do this for OnePlus 8 (non pro)
17th April 2020, 02:44 PM |#3  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 157

More
This is awesome, my OP8P is not even here yet and development is moving forward nicely.
Tx mauronofrio, donation sent!

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

As I understand this, this is for the European version so far and not the US version, correct?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Poloasis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Poloasis Ad-Free
17th April 2020, 06:41 PM |#4  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poloasis

This is awesome, my OP8P is not even here yet and development is moving forward nicely.
Tx mauronofrio, donation sent!

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

As I understand this, this is for the European version so far and not the US version, correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by desiresiscool

Can you please do this for OnePlus 8 (non pro)

For now yes, I need of the others normal roms to make the fastboot roms and for sure this will come also for OnePlus 8
17th April 2020, 10:58 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Hey! Nice to see you again. I just got my 8 pro today. Nice work!! Is there a telegram group I can join to help with development?
The Following User Says Thank You to Logan0829 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Logan0829 Ad-Free
18th April 2020, 02:44 AM |#6  
XDA OG
Thanks Meter: 2,197

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauronofrio

For now yes, I need of the others normal roms to make the fastboot roms and for sure this will come also for OnePlus 8

@mauronofrio , you might want to head to my mirrors thread https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...uilds-t4084233 https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...ilds-t4084315/
The Following User Says Thank You to Some_Random_Username For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Some_Random_Username Ad-Free
19th April 2020, 06:13 PM |#8  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 437

More
This might be a stupid question, but will twrp recovery ever be available to flash custom ROMs down the road, or is it just not possible on the OP8Pro?
23rd April 2020, 03:48 PM |#10  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 437

More
If I substituted a magisk patched boot.img in the fastboot rom and flashed it via flash-all command, will it flash the stock rom and root it at the same time?

Sent from my OnePlus 8 Pro using XDA Labs
24th April 2020, 09:07 PM |#11  
Flag New Hampshire
Thanks Meter: 280

More
Where is this flash all.bat people are using?

I got it. It's in the file you download.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bootloader, fastboot rom, mauronofrio, tool, unbrick

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)