FORUMS

Cellular strength and throughput

809 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,058

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 29th March 2020, 07:31 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
We know how much you like to stream, ahem, "videos", and so cellular data is mega-important. Rate this thread to express how you think the OnePlus 8 Pro's LTE performs. A higher rating indicates that it's fantastic: throughput is excellent and signal strength is top-notch.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add.
26th April 2020, 11:45 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Definitely worse range and mobile data speed on T-mobile Poland than in my previous Huawei P20 Pro.

Wysłane z mojego IN2023 przy użyciu Tapatalka
14th May 2020, 09:36 AM |#3  
Flag Francfort
Thanks Meter: 11

More
I have really big problems with the 4G Connectivity. Nearly no connection (0.8 Mbits) inside the house next to the open window. No problems before with my OP3T
15th May 2020, 02:30 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
From the beginning of using the phone, I have a problem with cyclical signal loss when I try to call someone or when someone tries to call me. I get a message that my SIM card is missing.
Interestingly, it happens just like I have the LTE signal turned on. When trying to establish a connection, LTE changes to 3G and it is at this point that the signal disappears, and then returns spontaneously after about 5 -10 seconds.

If I force the use of 3G, the connections work fine.

I tried to reset to factory settings, changed the SIM card between trays 1 and 2. I reset network settings. Unfortunately, nothing helps.

The only thing I haven't done yet is to exchange the card with the operator, but I treat it as a last resort. I do not believe that this was a physical malfunction of the card, because on the previous phone there were no problems.

It annoys me so much that I feel like throwing this phone out the window...
18th May 2020, 08:56 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 102

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKingJan

I have really big problems with the 4G Connectivity. Nearly no connection (0.8 Mbits) inside the house next to the open window. No problems before with my OP3T

I feel that this phone's cellular performance is worse than that of my OnePlus 7T. I live in a shallow canyon and have not the greatest reception, however with this phone I frequently get "Mobile network not available" when sitting in my living room, which I don't recall experiencing with the 7T.
21st May 2020, 01:11 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
My data speeds on T-Mobile 5g in Illinois are 25% what they were (25mbs vs 100mbs) on the 7t Mcclaren
22nd May 2020, 06:26 AM |#7  
Flag lake charles
Thanks Meter: 162

More
For me in Lake Charles,La it has been great. The 5g dl speeds aren't that much faster than lte but the upload speed is. What's really nice coming from PixelXL3 is like when I'm in the bathroom at work before I would barely get a signal if any, and now it's almost like I'm outside & signal is good. Thankfully T-Mobile has just been improving and improving the last few years.
5th June 2020, 10:39 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Slight better signal than my S9+
2nd July 2020, 03:28 PM |#9  
Flag REPUBLIC OF KOSOVA
Thanks Meter: 237

More
hi
Im using O2 with 5G sim card and data plan unlimited. (5G) also.
But i only have 2G/3G/4G

But when i put Vodafone sim card im gettin 5G 2G/3G/4G/5G

Strange
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200702-152605.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	174.0 KB
ID:	5051901  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)