FORUMS

WiFi strength, range, and throughput

809 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,060

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 29th March 2020, 07:31 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
Rate this thread to express how you think the OnePlus 8 Pro's Wifi performs. A higher rating indicates that it has excellent range, throughput, and signal strength. Like when you're taking a dump in the bedroom upstairs, do your videos have to buffer or do they come through without interruption?

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
The Following User Says Thank You to XDA_RealLifeReview For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift XDA_RealLifeReview Ad-Free
18th April 2020, 10:07 PM |#2  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 4

Donate to Me
More
The WIFI is not as stable as previous OnePlus device.
Certainly firmware adjustement needed.
The phone loose the Wifi connexion. The connexion drop with no message.
The signal quality and drops depend on Access Point. Hope this will be fixed
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to computman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift computman Ad-Free
22nd April 2020, 09:58 AM |#3  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 711

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by computman

The WIFI is not as stable as previous OnePlus device.
Certainly firmware adjustement needed.
The phone loose the Wifi connexion. The connexion drop with no message.
The signal quality and drops depend on Access Point. Hope this will be fixed

No problems with wifi here and I'm getting a much stronger signal compared to my S9+ (Wifi AC 5Ghz). Maybe try a different channel ?
22nd April 2020, 12:28 PM |#4  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 14

More
I have noticed great improvements in WiFi compared to my previous device (oneplus 3t) as I am now getting decent 5ghz connection in areas of my flat I was struggling to even connect to 2.4ghz. No lost connections noticed so far.
22nd April 2020, 01:39 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
the oneplus 8 pro (at least mine and many others) seems to have some issue with 5Ghz WIFI.. there are few bug report and thread on the OP Community..

So far the phone sees 5GHz wifis when you boot the phone up for the first time and connects regularly.. after few hours (sometimes less) it disconnects and don't see any 5Ghz Wifi.. the only fix is rebooting the phone but it will last only few hours
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to murdok83 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift murdok83 Ad-Free
22nd April 2020, 03:30 PM |#6  
Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by murdok83

the oneplus 8 pro (at least mine and many others) seems to have some issue with 5Ghz WIFI.. there are few bug report and thread on the OP Community..

So far the phone sees 5GHz wifis when you boot the phone up for the first time and connects regularly.. after few hours (sometimes less) it disconnects and don't see any 5Ghz Wifi.. the only fix is rebooting the phone but it will last only few hours

I have this issue. Do you know if exist any solution?
22nd April 2020, 07:12 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
The only temporary fix is to reboot the phone... It will work then but just for few hours... Than the circle starts again..
Likely 2.4ghz wifis work normally
23rd April 2020, 01:51 AM |#8  
chicago
Thanks Meter: 515

More
WiFi is top notch
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200421-050518.jpg
Views:	548
Size:	244.6 KB
ID:	5001841  
24th April 2020, 01:22 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 463

More
Yes no issue with WiFi here ,solid as on 5ghz
25th April 2020, 10:41 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 463

More
Just in a related note ,how is everyone finding Bluetooth connectivity,I never had any issues at all with my one plus 6t and Garmin remix watch ,never once seen it loose connection etc.With the 8 pro if I'm up stairs in the house and phone downstairs I get not injected on my watch .
25th April 2020, 03:12 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 93

More
Wondering if we can somehow enable 3x3 mu-Mimo (AC wave 2) on this chip? Seems it's been disabled for whatever reason
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)