cases for OnePlus 8

Search This thread

Deano1889

Jul 20, 2008
Sheffield
LewLater Case on pre-order. It's not the cheapest case especially factoring in the shipping cost but I prefer to have a barely-there, slim case.

Reactions: ilooze

KOLIOSIS

I've ordered a couple of cases from Amazon, one is a matte transparent case w/black TPU side bumper:

OnePlus 8 Case [Frosting Transparent Back] Ultra-Thin Soft TPU [Shock Absorption] Slim Fit Lightweight Shockproof Armor Cover Hybrid Protective Case Compatible with Oneplus 8 (Black, 1+8) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087CW225G/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_6WjUEbE6JCY8G

This is the one I'm actually after, a matte transparent Frameless Case (arrival estimate 2+ months from now, so, I ordered the one above in the meantime) :

OnePlus 8 Frameless Case, EabHulie Slim Translucent Hard Back Matte Skin Soft TPU Bumper Corners Shockproof Case Cover for OnePlus 8 Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0881W9VBG/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_1ZjUEbZX8D19V

I used the same Frameless Case on the OnePlus 7T Pro (fits the OnePlus 7 Pro as well) & it performed well for what I was wanting, minimal coverage & preventing accidental edge touches. It actually did that a bit too well on the sides, but, I adjusted to it, better than the alternative of a bulky case or, going sans case.
As the edge contours seem to be less dramatic vs the OP7 Pro / OP7T Pro, hoping they nailed it on the side coverage/touch sensitivity sweet spot.

Last edited:

shock-UK

May 16, 2006
Anyone know where to buy the original sandstone case from other than 1+ direct with silly postage fees

KOLIOSIS

Just picked up this case from T-Mobile US, from their budget conscious brand GoTo:

https://www.t-mobile.com/accessory/goto-define-case-for-oneplus-8-5g

My 2¢/ Pros & Cons.

Pro:

1) Availability, shouldn't be too difficult to find a T-Mobile store that has it in stock, especially with the phone still being relatively new.

2) Fit is excellent, cutouts are precise. The camera cutout extends well below the flash, not a deal breaker, but, I think they should have opted for a more precise cutout for the lenses & a separate hole for the flash. Perhaps this was a cost-cutting measure.....

3) Feel in hand is acceptable, neither the slimmest or bulkiest case I've used.
For feel in hand perspective, if you've used a RhinoShield Crash Guard bumper, this case is slimmer in the grip,a lot more comfortable vs the Crash Guard bumper.

Cons:

1) Price isn't insane, but, I do feel it's a bit much @ $19.99. Sure, it's about 1/2 the price of other cases sold by T-Mobile, but, as everyone here is painfully aware, carrier accessories are grossly overpriced,

So yeah, this case is overpriced vs Amazon/AliExpress/eBay & in a lot of instances, buying direct from the mfg w/a discount code.

2) The volume/notification slider cut-out, while precise,is a bit cramped for one-handed use. Not a biggie for me, I rarely use it, but, for those where this is a priority, perhaps this case is not for you.
Fortunately, the box for the case (at least mine) was not sealed, so, if buying from a brick & mortar store, you should be able to try it out before buying

Misc:
The design of the backside is a bit weird in the looks department, reminiscent of poor 'ol HTC's earlier efforts in the "big chin" look on the front of their phones.
To me, it's not a big deal, but, if I were choosing in-store w/a comparably priced/designed case w/o the "chin'", I'd opt for the other case.
Ditto on the branding of the "GoTo" logo. It's actually not that noticeable, but, again, same scenario just mentioned, I'd opt for the competition.

FWIW, I loathe cases w/branding, as most go overboard w/it, I prefer minimal/unbranded cases, typically one color/material when possible, less is more for my usage.

Would I recommend it?
Sure, it strikes a good balance of form/function (less the slider cutout). If you need a case ASAP for the unlocked or T-Mobile version, it's a worthwhile case.

However, if you don't mind waiting for mail order from wherever you shop online, you could probably find a case that fits your needs at a better price.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200516-182623.jpg
    Screenshot_20200516-182623.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 715
Last edited:

A30N

Mar 26, 2011
Florida
Razer Phone 2
OnePlus 8
I ordered the transparent TPU & carbon fiber cases from OnePlus when I ordered my OP8. Both are way too slippery. Ordered a Rinke Fusion X on Amazon, and I like it much better.

Pros:
- Very grippy!
- Good side & corner protection
- Transparent back shows off phone color nicely

Cons:
- Raised plastic "button guards" make finding buttons by feel a touch difficult
- Minimal front protection

Overall rating: 4.5 Stars

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0861ZB3JP

Reactions: KOLIOSIS

dmdmd

Apr 4, 2008
verizon cases

Any generic cases that'll fit the verizon version, or are verizon users stuck with the ones on their website? I'd read somewhere that "some" generic cases "might" fit the verizon phone, but can't find any more info. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

UberSlackr

Apr 5, 2012
Unfortunately I can't answer the question about the case, but I do have a related question.. What is different about the Verizon version of the OnePlus 8, vs like the T-mobile, or unlocked version.
I'm looking for cases myself, but I have the one from T-mobile. And when searching amazon, I've seen some listed as "Verizon Only" ..

dmdmd

Apr 4, 2008
Unfortunately I can't answer the question about the case, but I do have a related question.. What is different about the Verizon version of the OnePlus 8, vs like the T-mobile, or unlocked version.
I'm looking for cases myself, but I have the one from T-mobile. And when searching amazon, I've seen some listed as "Verizon Only" ..
Don't know how you did that...all the ones I find say "Not for Verizon". The difference, as I understand it, is verizon's 5g hardware is bigger / located in a different location, which caused some buttons to be moved. So for most case designs, verizon phones won't work, but all other 8's (not pro) will...the exception would be a few that have cutouts that can accomodate either configuration...but info on which those are is sparse.

UberSlackr

Apr 5, 2012
Don't know how you did that...all the ones I find say "Not for Verizon". The difference, as I understand it, is verizon's 5g hardware is bigger / located in a different location, which caused some buttons to be moved. So for most case designs, verizon phones won't work, but all other 8's (not pro) will...the exception would be a few that have cutouts that can accomodate either configuration...but info on which those are is sparse.

I went through a lot of pages of case on amazon; as 99% of them are terrible cheap looking crap, and a lot were for the wrong device as Amazons search sucks.. but there were a few. One I actually liked but it says Verizon only..

Some_Ghost

Nov 6, 2019
I went through a lot of pages of case on amazon; as 99% of them are terrible cheap looking crap, and a lot were for the wrong device as Amazons search sucks.. but there were a few. One I actually liked but it says Verizon only..

the Verizon version is the only one that is different... I myself bought the karbon bumper case from T-Mobile, the official one from OnePlus I also have a tech21 Evo check case that comes with interchangeable colored buttons

UberSlackr

Apr 5, 2012
the Verizon version is the only one that is different... I myself bought the karbon bumper case from T-Mobile, the official one from OnePlus I also have a tech21 Evo check case that comes with interchangeable colored buttons

Wondering how that helps, as the OP is looking for a Verizon Case, not T-mobile.

TeamHackura

Aug 26, 2011
OnePlus 8
Super slim and grippy case suggestions?

I am looking for a slim/minimalistic case.

Is Official Sandstone case grippier than the Nylon case?

I have the nylon and I like it but with the added size of the case it's harder to grip. I'm thinking about getting the Sandstone case but not sure if it would help any with phone slipping out of my hand.

Ideally I would like a slimmer case with better grip and lip to protect screen and ideally camera.

Thanks all!

Sent from my IN2015 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am looking for a slim/minimalistic case.

Is Official Sandstone case grippier than the Nylon case?

I have the nylon and I like it but with the added size of the case it's harder to grip. I'm thinking about getting the Sandstone case but not sure if it would help any with phone slipping out of my hand.

Ideally I would like a slimmer case with better grip and lip to protect screen and ideally camera.

Thanks all!

hi,

the official sandstone case is bigger than the nylon case but is grippier
    if you want a very minimalist case, you can go with MNML case or Ultimate Shield case . These are the thinnest cases there are. I always buy theses cases with every new smartphone.

Looking at your pics that is the green OP8 in the ultimate shield?

No, it's a black oneplus 8 with semi black ultimate shield case.
    It has not a big grip but it's gripper than caseless
    And there is no trace of fingerprints. I really love this case

You can have 15% reduction of the price with this code : PROTECT15
    LewLater Case on pre-order. It's not the cheapest case especially factoring in the shipping cost but I prefer to have a barely-there, slim case.
    I ordered the transparent TPU & carbon fiber cases from OnePlus when I ordered my OP8. Both are way too slippery. Ordered a Rinke Fusion X on Amazon, and I like it much better.

Pros:
    - Very grippy!
    - Good side & corner protection
    - Transparent back shows off phone color nicely

Cons:
    - Raised plastic "button guards" make finding buttons by feel a touch difficult
    - Minimal front protection

Overall rating: 4.5 Stars

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0861ZB3JP
    I received the Spigen Hybrid clear case and I love it. Paid 20 euros. The phone feels still thin but extremely sturdy and still shows off the amazing colour. Buttons feel very clicky and the slider is easily accessible.

uploaded links