FORUMS

verizon cases

52 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By dmdmd, Member on 19th May 2020, 01:18 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Any generic cases that'll fit the verizon version, or are verizon users stuck with the ones on their website? I'd read somewhere that "some" generic cases "might" fit the verizon phone, but can't find any more info. Thanks.
20th May 2020, 03:55 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Unfortunately I can't answer the question about the case, but I do have a related question.. What is different about the Verizon version of the OnePlus 8, vs like the T-mobile, or unlocked version.
I'm looking for cases myself, but I have the one from T-mobile. And when searching amazon, I've seen some listed as "Verizon Only" ..
20th May 2020, 07:26 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberSlackr

Unfortunately I can't answer the question about the case, but I do have a related question.. What is different about the Verizon version of the OnePlus 8, vs like the T-mobile, or unlocked version.
I'm looking for cases myself, but I have the one from T-mobile. And when searching amazon, I've seen some listed as "Verizon Only" ..

Don't know how you did that...all the ones I find say "Not for Verizon". The difference, as I understand it, is verizon's 5g hardware is bigger / located in a different location, which caused some buttons to be moved. So for most case designs, verizon phones won't work, but all other 8's (not pro) will...the exception would be a few that have cutouts that can accomodate either configuration...but info on which those are is sparse.
21st May 2020, 10:34 PM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmdmd

Don't know how you did that...all the ones I find say "Not for Verizon". The difference, as I understand it, is verizon's 5g hardware is bigger / located in a different location, which caused some buttons to be moved. So for most case designs, verizon phones won't work, but all other 8's (not pro) will...the exception would be a few that have cutouts that can accomodate either configuration...but info on which those are is sparse.

I went through a lot of pages of case on amazon; as 99% of them are terrible cheap looking crap, and a lot were for the wrong device as Amazons search sucks.. but there were a few. One I actually liked but it says Verizon only..
21st May 2020, 11:08 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberSlackr

I went through a lot of pages of case on amazon; as 99% of them are terrible cheap looking crap, and a lot were for the wrong device as Amazons search sucks.. but there were a few. One I actually liked but it says Verizon only..

the Verizon version is the only one that is different... I myself bought the karbon bumper case from T-Mobile, the official one from OnePlus I also have a tech21 Evo check case that comes with interchangeable colored buttons
22nd May 2020, 11:38 AM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Ghost

the Verizon version is the only one that is different... I myself bought the karbon bumper case from T-Mobile, the official one from OnePlus I also have a tech21 Evo check case that comes with interchangeable colored buttons

Wondering how that helps, as the OP is looking for a Verizon Case, not T-mobile.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)