FORUMS

Issue with latest t mobile update and signal

18 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By Jacob O Link, Junior Member on 23rd May 2020, 03:09 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey guys, I did the update for the t mobile version the day it dropped a couple days ago. Since I have constantly loss signal (normally in my house, I get 5 bars and insane speeds) now randomly stuff doesn't load, and I get x on my signal bars. Or it drops to 4G. I have reset network connections, called t mobile and they recommend a replacement but it started with an update has anyone else had these issues? NOTE I'm basically a 2 min walk from the 5G tower here and always normally got full 5G bars.
23rd May 2020, 07:58 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1,316

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob O Link

Hey guys, I did the update for the t mobile version the day it dropped a couple days ago. Since I have constantly loss signal (normally in my house, I get 5 bars and insane speeds) now randomly stuff doesn't load, and I get x on my signal bars. Or it drops to 4G. I have reset network connections, called t mobile and they recommend a replacement but it started with an update has anyone else had these issues? NOTE I'm basically a 2 min walk from the 5G tower here and always normally got full 5G bars.

I'm surprised T-Mobile suggested a replacement out of the gate.
Have you tried a total factory reset (w/o using any backup to restore data/apps) & /or a new SIM Card.

Will either of those actions solve the problem is anyone's guess, but, if T-Mobile is offering a (new) replacement, I'd take them up on their offer.
23rd May 2020, 08:02 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Oklahoma City

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOLIOSIS

I'm surprised T-Mobile suggested a replacement out of the gate.
Have you tried a total factory reset (w/o using any backup to restore data/apps) & /or a new SIM Card.

Will either of those actions solve the problem is anyone's guess, but, if T-Mobile is offering a (new) replacement, I'd take them up on their offer.

We did all of it except a Sim replacement. So I'm debating on switching to a g s20
24th May 2020, 09:11 AM |#4  
San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 79

More
after taking the ota, did you do a cache wipe inside recovery? I usually do this for performance and house cleaning.
24th May 2020, 04:36 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Oklahoma City

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sameog

after taking the ota, did you do a cache wipe inside recovery? I usually do this for performance and house cleaning.

No. I suppose I can give it a try!
24th May 2020, 06:33 PM |#6  
San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 79

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob O Link

No. I suppose I can give it a try!

Do you have stock recovery or TWRP recovery?
Yesterday, 06:47 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 967

More
I would msm back to stock and see if that fixes the issue. Take the update again and if it continues, bad device and time to swap it out
The Following User Says Thank You to Josh McGrath For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Josh McGrath Ad-Free
Yesterday, 01:12 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I get super weak signal too but I have the Unlocked International version 🤷🏻*♂️. Says 5G, but never is actually connected to 5G. My 8 Pro didn't have the issue
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)