FORUMS

[ROM][STOCK][FASTBOOT][OP8] Stock Fastboot ROMs for OnePlus 8

4,104 posts
Thanks Meter: 11,824

Post Reply Email Thread
Things are changing with the advent of project treble and seamless updates. OnePlus will no longer release ROMs flashable via recovery (either stock) because is no more needed. The updates will be done on the slot not used for example if you are using slot a the update will be installed on slot b and the slot b will be set as default. If you brick and you are in bootloop how you can restore the rom? You can't with Stock ROM you have, because the zip can be only installed via Update Engine, so what can you do? Flash a stock rom via fastboot. I have extracted all images from the stock zip and i have made a new zip with the Fastboot ROM with a flash-all.bat included. This will work only if your bootloader is unlocked. This will erase all your data and will wipe your internal storage.

HOW TO FLASH
This version is only for not branded devices
Download the zip;
Unpack the zip in a folder;
Reboot the OnePlus 8 in fastboot-bootloader mode (Power and volume + and volume-);
Connect the OnePlus 8 to PC;
Run flash-all.bat flasher you need;
Wait until the process end;
The phone will automatically reboot.

DOWNLOAD

All roms on Sourceforge: https://sourceforge.net/projects/fas...es/OnePlus%208

BRANDED PHONE
For now branded device are not supported

MANUAL FLASH: Windows - OSX - Linux

If you want to manual flash these roms these are the commands (You need the latest sdk platform tools, you can find it here

Is reccomended to format data or the rom cannot boot:
Code:
fastboot -w
Others Commands to flash a fastboot rom
Code:
fastboot flash aop aop.img
fastboot flash bluetooth bluetooth.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash dsp dsp.img
fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
fastboot flash LOGO LOGO.img
fastboot flash modem modem.img
fastboot flash oem_stanvbk oem_stanvbk.img
fastboot flash qupfw qupfw.img
fastboot flash storsec storsec.img
fastboot flash multiimgoem multiimgoem.img
fastboot flash uefisecapp uefisecapp.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img
fastboot flash opproduct opproduct.img
fastboot reboot fastboot
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
fastboot flash product product.img
fastboot reboot

REMEMBER
"Invalid sparce file format at header magic" is not an error, you need to wait a bit when you see that string, just wait.

If the device automatically reboot in Stock Recovery mode don't reboot it and wait the flash end.

These ROMs can't be used to update or downgrade your phone but just to restore your phone.

If the rom seems doesn't start go in recovery stock and follow this guideline: English -> Wipe data and cache -> Erase everything.

If you want to rebrand your phone from HydrogenOS to OxygenOS you can follow this guide: Rebrand Guide

If you want you can use also my tool to flash Factory Images, unlock bootloader, flash twrp or to understand if the device is recognized: https://toolaio.tk/

If you got some problems like write error or no partition, check this: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...5&postcount=34

DONATE LINK

If you want to support this and others my projects please consider making a donation, thanks.

Donate link
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mauronofrio For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mauronofrio Ad-Free
13th May 2020, 05:15 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Branded devices is for example a Chinese version with HydrogenOS to which OxigenOS has been installed? If so, how can a branded device be recovered?
Thanks
19th May 2020, 05:01 PM |#3  
Hi guys, i'm here again to ask for your support, actually with android 10 Google introduced a lot of changing, from dynamic partitions to the new keymaster 4 encryption/decryption. Teamwin is working hard to update TWRP but they will still take some time. Currently some things already work but there are difficulties in bringing them to the OnePlus 8/8 Pro, for example decryption already works but creates some problems on the OnePlus devices. That's why I decided to create a Paypal moneybox to be able to bring you the latest updates in the shortest time possible. As I have previously done, I assure you of a support of at least 2 years (within the limits of my possibilities). In addition to the TWRP I will improve the fastboot roms and add OnePlus 8/8 Pro to my TOOL ALL IN ONE (and maybe I will also bring the RevengeOS). By getting hold of a OnePlus 8 or 8 Pro I will also be able to improve the TWRP for OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro.

OnePlus 8/8 Pro PayPal MoneyBox: https://www.paypal.com/pools/c/8pfrIOL3Qa

If you are unable to participate in the PayPal moneybox, you can make a normal donation (perhaps specifying that it is for the moneybox), however all private donations that I will receive for this or other projects will be included in the moneybox.

Private PayPal Donations: https://www.paypal.me/MauronofrioTool
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mauronofrio For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mauronofrio Ad-Free
22nd May 2020, 02:29 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Why after flash it, it boot up to Qualcomm crashdump mode and how to fix?
22nd May 2020, 07:20 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakun-ice

Branded devices is for example a Chinese version with HydrogenOS to which OxigenOS has been installed? If so, how can a branded device be recovered?
Thanks

I think unbranded devices mean the device bought from T-Mobile or Verizon. Nothing to do with chinese versiion flash oxygenOS, if I'm not wrong.
24th May 2020, 06:35 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Can't seem to get this to work. I'm trying to flash a stock rom for my OnePlus 8 after bricking it during a rooting process.
The device' bootloader is obviously unlocked and i can get the phone into Fastboot mode and connected to my PC.
The only issue is when i execute the flash-all.bat file, it can't seem to flash any of the files and gives an error consisting of the message "FAILED (remote: 'Flashing is not allowed for Critical Partitions').
What to do guys? Can anyone help me out.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bootloader, fastboot rom, mauronofrio, oneplus 8, unbrick

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)