FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][9.0.0][WEEKLIES] CarbonROM | cr-7.0 [bacon]

87 posts
Thanks Meter: 66

By Ashu7397, Member on 29th May 2019, 05:39 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

Who's back? We're back.

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub and at CarbonROM Gerrit

Disclaimer:
While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Support:
We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has addressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
4) Join our Discord server! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quick responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.

We recommend OpenGapps. MindTheGapps should work, but please make sure you clearly mention the gapps you're using when reporting bugs.

Downloads:
Official Builds
Join the CarbonROM Discord server
CarbonROM's GitHub
CarbonROM Gerrit
Kernel source

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
CarbonROM, ROM for the OnePlus One

Contributors
Ashu7397, Myself5, darjwx
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2019-05-29
Last Updated 2019-06-22
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ashu7397 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ashu7397 Ad-Free

29th May 2019, 05:45 PM |#2  
OP Member

More
Feel free to post any bug you find on a proper way:
1. Build you are running
2. Mods you are using: music mods, magisk, whatever.
3. How to reproduce it.
4. Logcat, ksmeg... if applicable.

I would like this thread to be an example of a development thread so please:
1. Be respectful with each other.
2. READ a couple of times the OP before posting. If there is anything that is not in the op and should be there just let me know.
3. Search before posting, maybe your question is already answered.
4. Features request are allowed, but it doesn't mean I will fulfil all of them. And they are not the reason behind this thread.

That's all for now. Enjoy CarbonRom
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ashu7397 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ashu7397 Ad-Free
29th May 2019, 05:46 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
Huge thanks to the CarbonROM team as a whole for being awesome.
Also to @Agent_fabulous as I took his trees as a base.

Known bugs as of now:
1. App crashes on taking a photo while recording.
2. Wifi Display is not working.

Other than that, you tell me

Please report any bug you find on a proper way.

Screenshots:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190530-003945_Settings.png
Views:	886
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	4768093

Name:	Screenshot_20190530-003914_Settings.png
Views:	892
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	4768094

Name:	Screenshot_20190530-003919_Settings.png
Views:	858
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	4768095

Name:	Screenshot_20190530-004009_Quickstep.jpg
Views:	848
Size:	176.3 KB
ID:	4768096
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ashu7397 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ashu7397 Ad-Free
31st May 2019, 09:56 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 325

More
Good to see carbon rom still kicking around. Flashed the latest build and it works great, very snappy. Don't expect a ton of features but it covers most common ones. Unfortunately, screen cast doesn't work just like most pie roms for the bacon. I use this a lot so it's a deal-breaker for me, hope it will get fixed
31st May 2019, 06:05 PM |#5  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoiloidainhan

Good to see carbon rom still kicking around. Flashed the latest build and it works great, very snappy. Don't expect a ton of features but it covers most common ones. Unfortunately, screen cast doesn't work just like most pie roms for the bacon. I use this a lot so it's a deal-breaker for me, hope it will get fixed

Could you please provide logs and also tell me on what rom is it working?
The Following User Says Thank You to Ashu7397 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ashu7397 Ad-Free
1st June 2019, 01:50 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 325

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashu7397

Could you please provide logs and also tell me on what rom is it working?

Cast to Chromecast seems to be working now so that 1 thing out of the way. However cast to smart TV (wireless display) still doesn't work. When I attempt to cast, the screen turns black for 10-20 seconds and it only comes back after what seems like a system-ui restart. Due to the restart, I'm not sure if the logs were captured successfully but here it is anyways

Logs
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...screencast.txt

Bootleggers has screencast work perfectly for me. Msm xtended has the same issue here where Chromecast works and not the TV. Thanks
1st June 2019, 04:05 AM |#7  
Flag Newark
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Main camera app crashes . Whatsapp and Instagram cameras work. Any fix?
Edit : flashlight isn't working either
1st June 2019, 09:28 AM |#8  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurashish1singh

Main camera app crashes . Whatsapp and Instagram cameras work. Any fix?
Edit : flashlight isn't working either

A reboot should fix it. I'm looking into it..
1st June 2019, 09:28 AM |#9  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoiloidainhan

Cast to Chromecast seems to be working now so that 1 thing out of the way. However cast to smart TV (wireless display) still doesn't work. When I attempt to cast, the screen turns black for 10-20 seconds and it only comes back after what seems like a system-ui restart. Due to the restart, I'm not sure if the logs were captured successfully but here it is anyways

Logs
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...screencast.txt

Bootleggers has screencast work perfectly for me. Msm xtended has the same issue here where Chromecast works and not the TV. Thanks

Great, thanks! I'll look into it
The Following User Says Thank You to Ashu7397 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ashu7397 Ad-Free
2nd June 2019, 10:20 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
A pleasant surprise.

Way back when the OnePlus 2 was released I bought a OnePlus One from my collegue (so he could buy the OnePlus 2).
Then I discovered the OnePlus section on this forum.
Experimented with some custom ROMs and ended up using Carbon.
Once in a while I received the usual updates.
But then the update became way more interesting.
New boot screen, new interface, new version !
Upon the reboot some Google apps were not working.
Flashing the open_gapps-arm-9.0-micro-20190531.zip and then let Google Play do his updates helped.
Then I found this thread and decided to post my findings.

6 months ago I bought a OnePlus 6, which is my daily driver.
I was planning to sell the Bacon but now I decided to experiment a bit more with it.

As old als the OnePlus One is, technology wise, it still feels new to me with this 9.0 update.
A very great thanks to the developers out there!
Keep up the good work!!

===============================
Google Play Music stops. I don't use it so I don't mind.
Google Play Games stops. Don't use this one either.
OnePlus Switch crashed. Removed and reinstalled and works again.
Native camera doesn't start --> Open Camera v1.46
WhatsApp starts up fine but since the Bacon doesn't have a SIM card I can not complete registration --> WhatsApp is running on my OP6
Flashlight is grayed out. --> Third party Flashlight App works fine.
Droid Info (InkWired) does not work, CPU-Z v1.29 works.
Apps for ChromeCast 2.12 work perfectly with my ChromeCast 1.
The Following User Says Thank You to palmtest For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift palmtest Ad-Free
3rd June 2019, 03:36 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
oh nice news, carbonRom is still alive. This was one of my favourite rom
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)