FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

CM12S Enable Built-in Root [New OTA: YNG1TAS17L]

280 posts
Thanks Meter: 138

By inscythe, Senior Member on 14th April 2015, 05:13 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi all,

Just want to help a bit with the CM12S. Flash the attached zip if you want root in apps and ADB.

I grabbed a debuggable boot.img from the official CM servers here:
Code:
http://builds.cyngn.com/cyanogen-os/bacon/12.0-YNG1TAS0YL-bacon/2263178b74/cm-12.0-YNG1TAS0YL-bacon-boot-debuggable.img
EDIT: New OTA [YNG1TAS17L]:
Code:
http://builds.cyngn.com/cyanogen-os/bacon/12.0-YNG1TAS17L-bacon/e816218e8a/cm-12.0-YNG1TAS17L-bacon-boot-debuggable.img
Then, I simply put them in a flashable zip format together with su binary from the latest CM12 nightly. I have tested it on my own phone and so far, there is no issue.

I have only tested it using TWRP, flash on your own risk.

Credits to @julian_klode:
https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/f...peruser.75511/
Note: I initially wasn't aware about the source of the base zip file that I used to pack the necessary files until julian_klode mentioned it in the Q&A thread.
There is no difference between this one and his, just the fact that I update mine manually. So, I think you should follow his thread instead.
The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to inscythe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift inscythe Ad-Free

14th April 2015, 06:04 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 25,067

Donate to Me
More
Or just flash the SuperSu zip via recovery.

Sent from my A0001
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Vivek_Neel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Vivek_Neel Ad-Free
14th April 2015, 06:08 PM |#3  
Flag L'viv
Thanks Meter: 2,381

Donate to Me
More
Outstriped! I was thinking to make Debug kernel, but they released it sooner
The Following User Says Thank You to CraZY_BoY^ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CraZY_BoY^ Ad-Free
14th April 2015, 06:55 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Thank you so much. Puzzle and Dragons doesn't like Supersu, but works perfect with CM's superuser.
14th April 2015, 07:14 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 438

More
works fine here, thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to reaper90 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift reaper90 Ad-Free
15th April 2015, 12:47 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek_Neel

Sent from my A0001

Some people, like me, prefer CM's own root. Integration with Privacy Guard is pretty nifty, you know?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inscythe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift inscythe Ad-Free
15th April 2015, 09:13 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Thumbs up thank you , works perfectly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by inscythe

Some people, like me, prefer CM's own root. Integration with Privacy Guard is pretty nifty, you know?

thx
15th April 2015, 09:28 PM |#8  
Flag Ogden, Utah
Thanks Meter: 776

More
Works great please keep this updated with each OTA if possible!
The Following User Says Thank You to Link_of_Hyrule For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Link_of_Hyrule Ad-Free
16th April 2015, 07:59 AM |#9  
Flag NOIDA
Thanks Meter: 83

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek_Neel

Sent from my A0001

That did not work for me
17th April 2015, 09:49 AM |#10  
Flag MUMBAI
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidextra

That did not work for me

sorry for my noob question. but i actually flashed supersu. that wont affect anything. i am asking this cause yesterday i had to factory reset my device 4 times as it got stuck at cyanogen boot animation. It would boot fine couple of times and then get stuck.
17th April 2015, 02:58 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by srgudhka

sorry for my noob question. but i actually flashed supersu. that wont affect anything. i am asking this cause yesterday i had to factory reset my device 4 times as it got stuck at cyanogen boot animation. It would boot fine couple of times and then get stuck.

I have never tried SuperSU in my OPO Lollipop since I found out about the built-in root support, so I can't say what's wrong with it. Bootloops may be caused by stuck up boot process, which may be caused by kernel.

If I'm not wrong, I remember last time when Lollipop launched that SuperSU need to patch the kernel in a certain way for it to run properly. My solution also works with a different kernel, albeit it is provided officially by Cyanogen.

If you really want SuperSU for some reason, you can try flashing SuperSU and then flash the boot.img from the link above (or extract it from my zip). Latest TWRP will do it just fine.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)