[Recovery] TWRP 3.3.1-K1

118 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,032

By Kutep0v, Senior Member on 26th February 2017, 01:48 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th March 2017, 12:16 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Hey there this is an awesome recovery, when I use it with efidroid however I run into a bit of a problem when I try to boot to recovery on the latest 3.1.0-k1 it gives me the following error:
Code:
Can't allocate kernel boot memory at 8000 size 6212096.
The 3.0.3-k3 version works fine as does the official twrp 3.1.0 however the 3.1.0-2 from tugapower gives a similar error. Does anyone know what causes this? I realise this may not be a problem with the recovery however I thought this would be the best place to ask.
The Following User Says Thank You to Meikk99 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Meikk99 Ad-Free
13th March 2017, 07:15 PM |#102  
OP Senior Member
Flag Everywhere

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GXGOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sychrome

Should I be worried?

Reboot back into the system, then reboot back to recovery. It should be gone then. This happens sometimes, nothing to worry about.

Something strange. I think this is somehow connected with the latest changes in ROM. Your "solution" only confirms it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meikk99

Hey there this is an awesome recovery, when I use it with efidroid however I run into a bit of a problem when I try to boot to recovery on the latest 3.1.0-k1 it gives me the following error:

Code:
Can't allocate kernel boot memory at 8000 size 6212096.

There are only there possible causes.
First - switching to LineageOS 14.1 source, and therefore the kernel uses another.
Second - EFI bug.
Third - last commits in TWRP.
We'll go through the options below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meikk99

The 3.0.3-k3 version works fine as does the official twrp 3.1.0 however the 3.1.0-2 from tugapower gives a similar error. Does anyone know what causes this? I realise this may not be a problem with the recovery however I thought this would be the best place to ask.

Let's think.

1) 3.0.3-K3 compiled with LineageOS 13.0 source, and 3.1.0-K1 with LineageOS 14.1.
3.0.3-K3 uses my cm-13.0 kernel with all CVE fixes, doesn't lag behind cm-14.1. (except 9 commits below)
In cm-14.1 kernel was added 9 commits. Also, other changes besides the kernel are not excluded.
Switching to LineageOS 14.1 source broke EFI?

2) Just a bug in the EFI, which will some day be fixed.

3) In the gap between 3.0.3-K3 and 3.1.0-K1, 3 commits for TWRP were added.
Nothing important, but let's not forget.

Which option do you like more? Now I don't know the solution.
If this is the first option, then we must revert commits, which is stupid, or write a feedback to EFI devs.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kutep0v For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kutep0v Ad-Free
13th March 2017, 07:22 PM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 1,831

Donate to Me
More
I have faith in you and your recovery, @Kutep0v
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gawd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Gawd Ad-Free
13th March 2017, 07:27 PM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutep0v

Something strange. I think this is somehow connected with the latest changes in ROM. Your "solution" only confirms it.

There are only there possible causes.
First - switching to LineageOS 14.1 source, and therefore the kernel uses another.
Second - EFI bug.
Third - last commits in TWRP.
We'll go through the options below.

Let's think.

1) 3.0.3-K3 compiled with LineageOS 13.0 source, and 3.1.0-K1 with LineageOS 14.1.
3.0.3-K3 uses my cm-13.0 kernel with all CVE fixes, doesn't lag behind cm-14.1. (except 9 commits below)
In cm-14.1 kernel was added 9 commits.
Switching to LineageOS 14.1 source, and therefore use another kernel, broke EFI?

2) Just a bug in the EFI, which will some day be fixed.

3) In the gap between 3.0.3-K3 and 3.1.0-K1, 3 commits for TWRP were added.
Nothing important, but let's not forget.

Which option do you like more? Now I don't know the solution.
If this is the first option, then we must revert commits, which is stupid, or write a feedback to EFI devs.

I don't know a whole lot about this but the first option sounds the most plausible, I suppose I will ask about this in the efidroid thread as well, thanks.
13th March 2017, 08:17 PM |#105  
Flag East Flanders Best Flanders
Thanks Meter: 499

More
Quote:

I guess it has to be a widespread issue on Lineage or TWRP, since I've seen it happen on my G Pad 8.3 too, ever since the release of CM14. It's not that big of an issue, unless you're trying to backup your current ROM. Then you're going to encounter that error again and the backup process will be aborted. But yeah, that 'solution' always works.
9th April 2017, 08:44 PM |#106  
OP Senior Member
Flag Everywhere

Donate to Me
More
I reworked the AROMA hack. At the moment, more AROMA archives are supported (including based on 3.00b1). So, rebooting with the second flash still is not fixed.
Need testers. Who wish - AFH. Thanks.
CAUTION: not recommended for inexperienced users.

Testing is over, but the link will be live until the stable version is released. Have fun.
The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to Kutep0v For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kutep0v Ad-Free
10th April 2017, 07:29 AM |#107  
Flag karachi
Thanks Meter: 218

More
Quote:

I reworked the AROMA hack. At the moment, more AROMA archives are supported (including based on 3.00b1). So, rebooting with the second flash still is not fixed.
Need testers. Who wish - AFH. Thanks.
CAUTION: not recommended for inexperienced users.

Welcome back mate Good to see you back in action.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aqilsoomro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aqilsoomro Ad-Free
15th April 2017, 11:25 PM |#108  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Thanks for this amazing recovery. It works with Android N encryption . Easily decrypted while none other recovery worked .
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tamboli007 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tamboli007 Ad-Free
16th April 2017, 01:19 PM |#109  
Flag VIJAYAWADA/FRANKFORT
Thanks Meter: 169

Donate to Me
More
Hi Dev,
Definitely a gr8 piece of work. This version is so fast when compared to any other versions. The only thing i noticed was when i enable compression for backup the speed is slow and almost same as any other.
If i just disable tht option and take a backup its very fast.
So kindly try to see if u can make compression backup any faster
16th April 2017, 01:29 PM |#110  
OP Senior Member
Flag Everywhere

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepu458

So kindly try to see if u can make compression backup any faster

I think this is impossible, speed of compression depends on CPU performance.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kutep0v For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kutep0v Ad-Free
17th April 2017, 02:33 PM |#111  
Flag VIJAYAWADA/FRANKFORT
Thanks Meter: 169

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I think this is impossible, speed of compression depends on CPU performance.

I totally understand buddy, thx for replying.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)