▕╯┃╭╮┃┃╭╮┃╰▕╯╭▏
▕╭┻┻┻┛┗┻┻┛┈▕┈╰▏
▕╰━━━┓┈┈┈╭╮▕╭╮▏
▕╭╮╰┳┳┳┳╯╰╯▕╰╯▏
▕╰╯┈┗┛┗┛┈╭╮▕╮┈▏

myshakugan

Jan 30, 2014
Aincrad
Weird, I've got Pixel since first build and everything is at full speed. Still happy it fixed it for you tho.

I'm using the TWRP flashed pixel launcher and there isn't any lag. OTOH, nova launcher lags a bit compared with the pixel launcher.
Another correction, turns out it was slowing down due to the google calendar widget. Figured it out when the stock launcher was slowing down too. Haha. ?

dragsterman

Sep 15, 2013
Also, I've managed to get the HAL to work without blobs, so now we're building it directly from sources, allowing us to do customizations and stuff. First job I was able to get done is to update our HAL to match the new libstagefright hardening, thus removing the reverts, patches and workarounds needed in frameworks/av.
Take that CM/Color OS blobs, how does improved security sound to you?

Hope to get a build up before 20 Jan., but I can't assure. Need more time to test.

Sorry for the n00b question, but what does actually mean that you managed to get the HAL to work without blobs?

So, we can use CM camera blobs with Sultan's HAL and for example have 1080p@60fps HSR mode? Or have a ROM with CM blobs and use Sultan's anti-shake algortihm?

freshgiammi

Dec 2, 2012
Pesaro
OnePlus 6
Yes, my system is ext4. Cannot give you a log since i format my data and cache back to ext4. Sorry. Everything is working perfectly now though. So good job!
No prob. Thanks!

Another correction, turns out it was slowing down due to the google calendar widget. Figured it out when the stock launcher was slowing down too. Haha.
Nice spot haha, i wouldn't have thought about that!

Sorry for the n00b question, but what does actually mean that you managed to get the HAL to work without blobs?

So, we can use CM camera blobs with Sultan's HAL and for example have 1080p@60fps HSR mode? Or have a ROM with CM blobs and use Sultan's anti-shake algortihm?

Let's make this easy and clear: blobs are precompiled files that don't give us access to the source code.
Sultanxda used not to release the code of his HAL, leaving us with OOS camera blobs and his HAL blobs. Now that we have access to the HAL source code, we can trash the HAL blobs, and replace them with the ones built from the source code he now released.. Still, we need OOS blobs, because we don't have access to proprietary files.

tl;dr
1. OOS blobs (necessary, closed source)
2. Sultanxda's HAL blobs (now open source, replaced with the open source implementation)
To make this easy, we could say that HAL contains the "features" of the camera, while the OOS blobs have all the technical drivers to make the camera recognizable. (It's not the right definition but it's as noob-proof as I can be, not really great with words)

Sultanxda's HAL is not compatible with CM Camera Blobs, and it's better since CM camera has really bad blobs.

However some updates on the ROM.
Camera looks stable now. HFR/HSR has the improvements stated in the previous pages.
I'm working on SElinux (almost fully implemented) right now, hope to get a build this weekend. Still permissive tho, enforcing might be coming next week.

EDIT: Thanks to the ones who reported the HW keys status! I'm gomma leave the implementation as-is, since i've seen there's some movement in AOSPA (The place I took the commits from).
I'l probably wait for them to merge it and add it later. We're fine for now.

se7enlyn

Nov 9, 2015
Another correction, turns out it was slowing down due to the google calendar widget. Figured it out when the stock launcher was slowing down too. Haha. ?
I use the Google calendar widget+pixel launcher but there isn't any lag in my OPO.
Did you restore your apps or did you set up as a new device during installation?

fireflyv2

Oct 24, 2011
Bangalore
iQOO 7 Legend
@freshgiammi

Hi, I'm using the 15th Jan build, and I'm getting some random reboots. Not quite clear why, but it happens when I'm using the phone. Happened a couple of times, and while doing different activities like browsing, watching a video and even playing Pokémon Go (lost a chance to catch a vaporeon!). Adding the last kmsg log I could grab after the latest reboot. Could you help me out?

I have grabbed other logs also right after the reboot, so if required, I can provide them.

Attachments

• last_kmsg.zip
    131.5 KB · Views: 10

Gawd

Jan 26, 2015
Sleeps perfect

Screenshot_20170120_204059.png

freshgiammi

Dec 2, 2012
Pesaro
OnePlus 6
@freshgiammi

Hi, I'm using the 15th Jan build, and I'm getting some random reboots. Not quite clear why, but it happens when I'm using the phone. Happened a couple of times, and while doing different activities like browsing, watching a video and even playing Pokémon Go (lost a chance to catch a vaporeon!). Adding the last kmsg log I could grab after the latest reboot. Could you help me out?

I have grabbed other logs also right after the reboot, so if required, I can provide them.

You did changes to kernel settings? Looks like it's kernel panic, not rom related.

However, the next build will probably need a few more days, SELinux is being problematic due to the new HAL

hammer-is

Aug 22, 2005
Copenhagen
How to build this ROM?

@freshgiammi great ROM and I really like your no-nonsense approach!
I'm trying to build using your manifest, but I'm having issues. I've build variations of CyanogenMod for different devices for some years so I have some build experience but I've never tried building AOSP based ROMs so it might be something very basic that I dont understand. Hope you can help me out.

I'm on Linux Mint 18.1 / openjdk 1.8 (and it builds LineageOS 14.1 without issues) - what Linux/environment are you using for building?

I build like this:
Code:
repo init -u https://github.com/AOSPlusone/platform_manifest -b aosp-7.1
repo sync
make clobber
. build/envsetup.sh
lunch aosp_bacon-userdebug
make -j8

First I got this error when building the kernel.
Code:
FAILED: /bin/bash -c "(make -j4  -C kernel/oneplus/msm8974 O=[b]out/target/product/bacon/obj/KERNEL_OBJ[/b] ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=\"/home/martin/src/AOSPlusone/prebuilts/misc/linux-x86/ccache/ccache arm-linux-androideabi-\" VARIANT_DEFCONFIG= SELINUX_DEFCONFIG= bacon_defconfig ) && (if [ ! -z \"\" ]; then 			echo \"Overriding kernel config with ''\"; 			echo  >> out/target/product/bacon/obj/KERNEL_OBJ/.config; 			make -j4 -C kernel/oneplus/msm8974 O=out/target/product/bacon/obj/KERNEL_OBJ ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=\"/home/martin/src/AOSPlusone/prebuilts/misc/linux-x86/ccache/ccache arm-linux-androideabi-\" oldconfig; fi ) && (if [ ! -z \"\" ]; then 			echo \"Using additional config ''\"; 			kernel/oneplus/msm8974/scripts/kconfig/merge_config.sh -m -O out/target/product/bacon/obj/KERNEL_OBJ out/target/product/bacon/obj/KERNEL_OBJ/.config kernel/oneplus/msm8974/arch/arm/configs/; 			make -j4 -C kernel/oneplus/msm8974 O=out/target/product/bacon/obj/KERNEL_OBJ ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=\"/home/martin/src/AOSPlusone/prebuilts/misc/linux-x86/ccache/ccache arm-linux-androideabi-\" KCONFIG_ALLCONFIG=out/target/product/bacon/obj/KERNEL_OBJ/.config alldefconfig; fi )"
make: Entering directory '/home/martin/src/AOSPlusone/kernel/oneplus/msm8974'
/bin/sh: 1: cd: can't cd to out/target/product/bacon/obj/KERNEL_OBJ
Makefile:121: *** output directory "out/target/product/bacon/obj/KERNEL_OBJ" does not exist.  Stop.
make: Leaving directory '/home/martin/src/AOSPlusone/kernel/oneplus/msm8974'
But I was able to solve/get past this error by modifying kernel.mk to use an absolute path for the O= parameter. If you know how this can be solved cleaner please let me know.

Now I have this error that I don't know how I can solve. Can you help?
Code:
FAILED: /bin/bash -c "(build/core/tasks/check_boot_jars/check_boot_jars.py build/core/tasks/check_boot_jars/package_whitelist.txt  out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/core-oj_intermediates/classes.jar  out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/core-libart_intermediates/classes.jar  out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/conscrypt_intermediates/classes.jar  out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/okhttp_intermediates/classes.jar  out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/core-junit_intermediates/classes.jar  out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/bouncycastle_intermediates/classes.jar  out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/ext_intermediates/classes.jar  out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates/classes.jar  out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/telephony-common_intermediates/classes.jar  out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/voip-common_intermediates/classes.jar  out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/ims-common_intermediates/classes.jar  out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/apache-xml_intermediates/classes.jar  out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/org.apache.http.legacy.boot_intermediates/classes.jar ) && (mkdir -p out/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/boot-jars-package-check_intermediates/ && touch out/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/boot-jars-package-check_intermediates/stamp )"
[b]Error: out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates/classes.jar: unknown package name of class file org/codeaurora/camera/ExtendedFace.class[/b]

lowlow2

Apr 30, 2010
My first nougat ROM and it's gooood! After +1 year of sultan continuously. Choose it because of the sultan camera.
All working very smooth, only things I'm missing are the advanced reboot menu, battery percentage next to battery icon and lighting up screen when using a magnetic case.
Very stable rom and lightweight, highly recommended!!
Only thing, sometimes I have to reboot phone to get on mobile data. Only sometimes and had the same problem in some versions of android 4.4 and 5.x. Probably something with nougat. Thanks for this amazing ROM!!

Edit: re-enabling mobile data is a bit of a problem. Need to reboot almost always! Can other persons test this please? Disable your mobile data and WiFi for a couple hours

Last edited:

freshgiammi

Dec 2, 2012
Pesaro
OnePlus 6
Stable and perfect for daily driver and best battery... Just missing the quick charging here...
Charges at 2000ma without problems here.

My first nougat ROM and it's gooood! After +1 year of sultan continuously. Choose it because of the sultan camera.
All working very smooth, only things I'm missing are the advanced reboot menu, battery percentage next to battery icon and lighting up screen when using a magnetic case.
Very stable rom and lightweight, highly recommended!!
Only thing, sometimes I have to reboot phone to get on mobile data. Only sometimes and had the same problem in some versions of android 4.4 and 5.x. Probably something with nougat. Thanks for this amazing ROM!!

Edit: re-enabling mobile data is a bit of a problem. Need to reboot almost always! Can other persons test this please? Disable your mobile data and WiFi for a couple hours
Have you tried different radios? no problem here

@freshgiammi
I build like this:
Code:
repo init -u https://github.com/AOSPlusone/platform_manifest -b aosp-7.1
repo sync
make clobber
. build/envsetup.sh
lunch aosp_bacon-userdebug
make -j8

First I got this error when building the kernel.
But I was able to solve/get past this error by modifying kernel.mk to use an absolute path for the O= parameter. If you know how this can be solved cleaner please let me know.

Now I have this error that I don't know how I can solve. Can you help?
Code:
[b]Error: out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates/classes.jar: unknown package name of class file org/codeaurora/camera/ExtendedFace.class[/b]
1- Commands are okay but i don't use "make clobber"
2- I am aware of this problem but haven't solved it. I worked around it by setting a different out directory.
Code:
export OUT_DIR="/path/to/dir/"
3- Have you done changes to the repo? It should work just fine. Check your frameworks/base repo, you should have this https://github.com/AOSPlusone/andro...mmit/da870c7814a4f1154e586ac0b8f41d179fbcaefd
If you don't, repo sync the repo again.

Plz add charge level
plz no

However, managed to fix SELinux, so a build might be pushed today.
Still no F2FS, i might manage to get it working on the next build but i need someone to help me test it, since I can't change from EXT4.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear
     * war, or the current economic crisis caused by you following these
     * directions. YOU are choosing to make these modificiations, and
     * if you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will
     * laugh at you.
     */

Hi everyone, freshgiammi here. Some of you may know me from my previous work on maguro (Galaxy Nexus), while some others may not. Here I am, presenting you an AOSP build of Nougat for our Oneplus One.

What does it differ from other ROMs?
    Simple. It's philosophy is staying close to stock. Even closer that OmniROM. Closer to AOSP than AOSP itself.
    Jokes apart, AOSP is the true philosophy, with a few tweaks to make it feel snappier but not too much intrusive changes.

HOW STABLE IT IS
    Rock steady.
    This ROM is designed with two things in mind: Security and Stability.
    Everything is tested for multiple days (both from me, and from private testers) to be sure nothing lets the final user with instabilities. This makes the ROM stable and reliable, not making it go into full retard when you need it most.
    And since this is AOSP based, with an AOSP philosophy in mind, remember that any feature that is not included in the official source code won't be added.

Beware. Since we have no N official builds, issues are to be expected. Devs are working hard to fix them as they get spotted, but some bugs only appear to certain users or under certain conditions. Because of that, if you encounter an issue please let me know.
    Tag me in a reply, attaching a logcat/dmesg (last_kmsg if your phone reboots) with the steps to replicate and a short description of the problem. That way I can fix it faster.

WHAT DOES THIS ROM OFFERS, MORE THAN AOSP?
    Well, there's some neat stuff aside from AOSP that's included here.
    -SultanXDA's Camera HAL with Stagefright Hardening
    -Night Light and Storage Manager (from Google Pixel)
    -SELinux Enforcing
    -F2FS Support (beware, you need to format to F2FS with TWRP 2.8.6.0 as 3.0.2.0 has issues with F2FS formatting.)
    -Substratum is available! Go theme your device as you like it!

More? You tell me!

DOWNLOADS
    Lastest Build: AOSPlusone_bacon_250817 FINAL RELEASE
    Gapps: OpenGapps

Sources up at my Github!
    Feel free to clone and create your own rom. Just make sure to prevent authorship and pull requests if you fix something!

Changelog is on #2, while FAQs and extra ZIPs are on #3!

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOSPlusone, ROM for the OnePlus One

Contributors
    freshgiammi
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2016-10-11
    Last Updated 2017-08-25
    Quick announcement: Had to slow down on development for school and personal issues. Work hasn't stopped, but as a one-man team, working on camera is hard most of the time.
    However, I've decided to CLOSE THE SOURCE CODE of my HAL, since I've seen multiple forks of it with removed/re-authored/squashed commits, and not even (or at least) one mention.

I'd like to remember that I've spent over 3 months working on it and the stagefright hardening, for a total of over 300 hours between testing, googling, log reading and coding.
    While the HAL is mostly a work of SultanXDA, users and ROM builders should acknowledge the work of others, not squash their commits and remove their authorship.

If Nougat is now capable of running SultanXDA's blobs, is just thanks to @amardeep434 and me, as we were the first ones who managed to make it work (Plus various help from @Evolitist @NoSpamDan and @kwoktopus)

All of this, is just a matter of respect.
    You don't just wait for a dev to implement something and then add it to your rom without mentioning or removing authorship, as that's called stealing.

If you want to contact me, my Google+ (Hangouts) profile is on my XDA infos. I don't use PMs.
    Time to deliver! AOSPlusone_bacon_250817 is here!
    This release comes late, I am aware of that (I've had quite a few issue with school and family matters), but take it as the the final stable release for Nougat.
    Everything is stable and working with the few bugs ironed out. There won't be a new version based on Nougat, and this is marked as the final release.

Changelog:
    Code:
    [B]ROM: Updated to 7.1.2_r33[/B]
    HAL: Upstreamed code to match Sultanxda's sources
    + Something that I don't remember but hey everything works well

Now I'm off to eat some sweet and delicious Oreo biscuits. *wink wink* ;)
    cac.png
    There's no need for testers besides my internals right now. Everything is broken.

WiFi/NFC/Bluetooth are not working, Data appears to be fine. Camera is a no go, HIDL configuration is still to be perfected and once you get to the lock screen, systemui fc so every time you lock the screen, you're forced to boot into recovery and restore a backup.

But hey, we got Oreo booting.
    Time to deliver! AOSPlusone_bacon_160117 is here!
    Finally replaced Camera2 with Snap to enjoy all the neat features from Sultan's HAL!
    Also fixed Face Unlock and made UI a bit faster.
    Hopefully even the split screen issue is fixed.

Changelog:
    11 Jan. 2017 -> 16 Jan. 2017
    Code:
    [B]Replaced Camera2 with Snap: Enjoy all the functionalities of Sultan’s HAL![/B]
    [B]Fixed HSR; Slow-Mo isn’t working yet.[/B]
    Updated Camera Capabilities for a better HAL compatibility and features
    [B]Updated Display-CAF with newer commits to fix the Split Screen issue[/B]
    Fine tuned RT Scheduler priorities
    [B]Enabled prefhint: (Layers are rendered faster now, resulting in a smoother experience)[/B]
    Enabled “Moves” in Settings
    [B]Fixed Face Unlock (Trusted Face)[/B]

*NEED TESTERS FOR F2FS: /DATA AND /CACHE ONLY, NO /SYSTEM*

EDIT: I've uploaded more up to date screenshots. And in case anyone wants that wallpaper.... here it is, shot with Snap ;)
    *Full resolution version*