FORUMS

[ROM][BACON][7.1.2][OMS] hyperUnicorns - Optimized Dirty Unicorns

199 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,081

Post Reply Email Thread
Code:
This is an unofficial release based on the sources provided by various other authors. Flashing this software may or may not void your warranty; it is your responsibility to know if that is the case.
hyperUnicorns is a variant of Dirty Unicorns that implements custom optimizations.

• Built with ArchiDroid optimizations
  • Built with HYPERTC 4.9.4/6.1.1 (arm-linux-androideabi/arm-eabi)
  • Built with Snapdragon LLVM Compiler 3.8
  • Built-in hyperLighning kernel by @nikhil18 with patches from sultan's/archiUnicorns Kernel and other sources, focused on efficient, everyday performance
  • Linaro sources for art, dalvik, sqlite, lz4, webp and dhcpcd
  • Latest SQlite
  • Latest CodeAurora wlan drivers
  • Improved Krait targeting
  • Sony Music
  • Snapdragon Camera
  • All the goodies from DU 11.6 (Android 7.1.2)

• If you're not coming from another DU build, you should factory reset. Otherwise, simply wiping /system, /cache, and Dalvik/ART cache should be fine.
  • Flash the ROM.
  • Flash any other mods/etc. you want (e.g. Magisk, ARISE, GApps). I currently use OpenGapps without an issue on this ROM.
  • If you have any issues with camera breaking after taking just one photo, disable zero shutter lag in your camera settings!

Known Issues and Warnings
  • DO NOT flash custom kernels. You will likely either run into a bootloop or bust your camera support. Sometimes, the camera doesn't work even after dirty flashing back to stock. In that case, wipe /system and then reflash the ROM.

Credits:

XDA:DevDB Information
hyperUnicorns, ROM for the OnePlus One

Contributors
alebcay, blinoff82
Source Code: https://github.com/hyperUnicorns

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: AOSP / Dirty Unicorns

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2017-07-28

Created 2016-06-15
Last Updated 2017-08-17
The Following 92 Users Say Thank You to alebcay For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alebcay Ad-Free
15th June 2016, 09:41 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cary

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to alebcay For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alebcay Ad-Free
15th June 2016, 09:41 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cary

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to alebcay For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alebcay Ad-Free
15th June 2016, 09:56 PM |#4  
Flag Örebro/Sweden
Thanks Meter: 1,151

Donate to Me
More
Great to see you make a thread here! Thank you for bringing us this rom with optimizations.
15th June 2016, 10:00 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 212

More
Nice! Questions tho:
1.) Can I dirty flash this over SYNTHETIC DU by bobglaus?
2.) Are you using Sultan's kernel?
3.) Camera RAW Capture support?
15th June 2016, 10:32 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1,469

More
Hi Dev,
While you have already decided to use Sultan's Audio and Display drivers, any plans to use his camera HAL/drivers in this rom as well?
15th June 2016, 10:47 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cary

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCPadgeebar

Nice! Questions tho:
1.) Can I dirty flash this over SYNTHETIC DU by bobglaus?
2.) Are you using Sultan's kernel?
3.) Camera RAW Capture support?

1. You can, but it's safer if you at least wipe /system first. If you run into issues dirty flashing, wipe /system and then flash the ROM (you don't even lose data/apps this way).
2. No, there were some compilation issues that I'm still working out. I'd really love to include Sultan's kernel, but I'm still trying to figure it out.
3. I think so, but only with a custom camera app (Camera FV-5). I don't know if that's the answer you were looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibnl

Hi Dev,
While you have already decided to use Sultan's Audio and Display drivers, any plans to use his camera HAL/drivers in this rom as well?

Like with Sultan's kernel, there were issues when I tried to include them; I would like to use Sultan's camera HAL if possible as well.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alebcay For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alebcay Ad-Free
15th June 2016, 10:50 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 212

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alebcay

1. You can, but it's safer if you at least wipe /system first. If you run into issues dirty flashing, wipe /system and then flash the ROM (you don't even lose data/apps this way).
2. No, there were some compilation issues that I'm still working out. I'd really love to include Sultan's kernel, but I'm still trying to figure it out.
3. I think so, but only with a custom camera app (Camera FV-5). I don't know if that's the answer you were looking for.

1.) Wow. I wish I did that when I switched from official DU to DU SYNTHETIC.
2.) Good luck with that
3.) I asked cuz I thought you were using Sultan's Camera HAL (doesnt have RAW I believe cuz its based on OxyOS. Idk now tho)

Thanks for answering! Currently downloading.
15th June 2016, 11:52 PM |#9  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 187

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alebcay

Like with Sultan's kernel, there were issues when I tried to include them; I would like to use Sultan's camera HAL if possible as well.

I managed to compile DU with Sultan's kernel but I couldn't get the camera working
16th June 2016, 12:01 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Hi. Hardware navigation isn't working for me. I've cleaned the system..
The Following User Says Thank You to joaogarces For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift joaogarces Ad-Free
16th June 2016, 12:28 AM |#11  
Flag Kharkiv
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joaogarces

Hi. Hardware navigation isn't working for me. I've cleaned the system..

Have same problem, clean flash
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)