[ROM][BACON][7.1.2][OMS] hyperUnicorns - Optimized Dirty Unicorns

Search This thread

alebcay

Jul 18, 2014
Cary
5ZgfG7Y.png
Code:
This is an unofficial release based on the sources provided by various other authors. Flashing this software may or may not void your warranty; it is your responsibility to know if that is the case.

hyperUnicorns is a variant of Dirty Unicorns that implements custom optimizations.

features.png

• Built with ArchiDroid optimizations
  • Built with HYPERTC 4.9.4/6.1.1 (arm-linux-androideabi/arm-eabi)
  • Built with Snapdragon LLVM Compiler 3.8
  • Built-in hyperLighning kernel by @nikhil18 with patches from sultan's/archiUnicorns Kernel and other sources, focused on efficient, everyday performance
  • Linaro sources for art, dalvik, sqlite, lz4, webp and dhcpcd
  • Latest SQlite
  • Latest CodeAurora wlan drivers
  • Improved Krait targeting
  • Sony Music
  • Snapdragon Camera
  • All the goodies from DU 11.6 (Android 7.1.2)

instructions.png

• If you're not coming from another DU build, you should factory reset. Otherwise, simply wiping /system, /cache, and Dalvik/ART cache should be fine.
  • Flash the ROM.
  • Flash any other mods/etc. you want (e.g. Magisk, ARISE, GApps). I currently use OpenGapps without an issue on this ROM.
  • If you have any issues with camera breaking after taking just one photo, disable zero shutter lag in your camera settings!

downloads.png

source.png

Known Issues and Warnings
  • DO NOT flash custom kernels. You will likely either run into a bootloop or bust your camera support. Sometimes, the camera doesn't work even after dirty flashing back to stock. In that case, wipe /system and then reflash the ROM.

Credits:

XDA:DevDB Information
hyperUnicorns, ROM for the OnePlus One

Contributors
alebcay, blinoff82
Source Code: https://github.com/hyperUnicorns

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: AOSP / Dirty Unicorns

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2017-07-28

Created 2016-06-15
Last Updated 2017-08-17

Last edited:

rphlfjrd

Nov 2, 2012
Nice! Questions tho:
1.) Can I dirty flash this over SYNTHETIC DU by bobglaus?
2.) Are you using Sultan's kernel?
3.) Camera RAW Capture support?

abhibnl

Oct 13, 2011
Hi Dev,
While you have already decided to use Sultan's Audio and Display drivers, any plans to use his camera HAL/drivers in this rom as well?

alebcay

Jul 18, 2014
Cary
Nice! Questions tho:
1.) Can I dirty flash this over SYNTHETIC DU by bobglaus?
2.) Are you using Sultan's kernel?
3.) Camera RAW Capture support?

1. You can, but it's safer if you at least wipe /system first. If you run into issues dirty flashing, wipe /system and then flash the ROM (you don't even lose data/apps this way).
2. No, there were some compilation issues that I'm still working out. I'd really love to include Sultan's kernel, but I'm still trying to figure it out.
3. I think so, but only with a custom camera app (Camera FV-5). I don't know if that's the answer you were looking for.

Hi Dev,
While you have already decided to use Sultan's Audio and Display drivers, any plans to use his camera HAL/drivers in this rom as well?

Like with Sultan's kernel, there were issues when I tried to include them; I would like to use Sultan's camera HAL if possible as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arju and rphlfjrd

rphlfjrd

Nov 2, 2012
1. You can, but it's safer if you at least wipe /system first. If you run into issues dirty flashing, wipe /system and then flash the ROM (you don't even lose data/apps this way).
2. No, there were some compilation issues that I'm still working out. I'd really love to include Sultan's kernel, but I'm still trying to figure it out.
3. I think so, but only with a custom camera app (Camera FV-5). I don't know if that's the answer you were looking for.

1.) Wow. I wish I did that when I switched from official DU to DU SYNTHETIC.
2.) Good luck with that
3.) I asked cuz I thought you were using Sultan's Camera HAL (doesnt have RAW I believe cuz its based on OxyOS. Idk now tho)

Thanks for answering! Currently downloading.

Bongofriend

Oct 25, 2015
Munich

Like with Sultan's kernel, there were issues when I tried to include them; I would like to use Sultan's camera HAL if possible as well.
I managed to compile DU with Sultan's kernel but I couldn't get the camera working

Zarancar

Dec 4, 2013
Too bad the hardware key don't work at start, I don't want to be obligated to handle code for make it working.
But great rom

IonutP

Jul 13, 2011
London

If you could add sultan's camera HAL, this would be the best ROM for our device. Nice work!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    5ZgfG7Y.png
    Code:
    This is an unofficial release based on the sources provided by various other authors. Flashing this software may or may not void your warranty; it is your responsibility to know if that is the case.

hyperUnicorns is a variant of Dirty Unicorns that implements custom optimizations.

features.png

• Built with ArchiDroid optimizations
    • Built with HYPERTC 4.9.4/6.1.1 (arm-linux-androideabi/arm-eabi)
    • Built with Snapdragon LLVM Compiler 3.8
    • Built-in hyperLighning kernel by @nikhil18 with patches from sultan's/archiUnicorns Kernel and other sources, focused on efficient, everyday performance
    • Linaro sources for art, dalvik, sqlite, lz4, webp and dhcpcd
    • Latest SQlite
    • Latest CodeAurora wlan drivers
    • Improved Krait targeting
    • Sony Music
    • Snapdragon Camera
    • All the goodies from DU 11.6 (Android 7.1.2)

instructions.png

• If you're not coming from another DU build, you should factory reset. Otherwise, simply wiping /system, /cache, and Dalvik/ART cache should be fine.
    • Flash the ROM.
    • Flash any other mods/etc. you want (e.g. Magisk, ARISE, GApps). I currently use OpenGapps without an issue on this ROM.
    • If you have any issues with camera breaking after taking just one photo, disable zero shutter lag in your camera settings!

downloads.png

source.png

Known Issues and Warnings
    • DO NOT flash custom kernels. You will likely either run into a bootloop or bust your camera support. Sometimes, the camera doesn't work even after dirty flashing back to stock. In that case, wipe /system and then reflash the ROM.

Credits:

XDA:DevDB Information
    hyperUnicorns, ROM for the OnePlus One

Contributors
    alebcay, blinoff82
    Source Code: https://github.com/hyperUnicorns

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP / Dirty Unicorns

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2017-07-28

Created 2016-06-15
    Last Updated 2017-08-17
    Folks, recently, I'm staying in upstream with Dirty Unicorns and do everything I can to get you a working ROM at the time of the DU release. I think that it remains for us to wait a little. I know that the true fans are waiting for the release and I want to thank you for this.
    a89aab12a022.png
    bb9cccf73f50.png
    a067e7103a16.png
    affc9dc201e6.png
    3adfec273bd3.png
    a91ad2e995b1.png
    Hey everyone,

It's been awhile since I've posted a build but that's because I've been working on getting archiUnicorns up to Nougat. blinoff and I have been troubleshooting a pesky WiFi issue that, running the same build, broke my WiFi but not his. We've got that sorted out, so we're moving on to the final stages before we release the new archiUnicorns:
    • Rebasing kernel tweaks, etc. onto a new branch (3.4.113 was released in October so we're also merging that in)
    • Build flags tweaks (archi and/or other optimizations)
    • Custom toolchains
    The finish line is in sight so sit tight everyone!
    New build with BT fixed is up! ;)
    Changelog:
    android_frameworks_base: Implement SOFTAP new requirement in framework
    android_frameworks_base: Fix Bluetooth battery icon after reboot
    android_frameworks_base: Use own drawables for QS expand icon
    android_frameworks_base: fix NullPointerException in RegisteredServicesCache
    android_frameworks_base: Fix a memory leak.
    android_frameworks_base: Fix String is empty issue
    android_frameworks_base: Fix pms systemReady NullpointerException
    android_frameworks_base: Make sure Zygote is running at process priority 0 after VM has started.
    android_frameworks_base: Zygote: Deleted files can still be fstat(restat) success.
    android_frameworks_base: Fix incorrect FIFO cgroup assignment.
    android_frameworks_base: Zygote: Workaround for detecting open file descriptors
    android_packages_apps_PackageInstaller: Make permissions fragment header match settings style
    android_packages_apps_DU-Tweaks: Remove tint for icons under their layouts
    android_packages_apps_Settings: Fix Dirty Tweaks for themes
    android_packages_apps_Settings: Hotspot idle support
    android_vendor_du: Update APN's
    Download
    Ok, my friends. Work in progress...
    a488b9bcca05.png