FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Best Nougat ROM for OnePlus One in Summer '17

55 posts
Thanks Meter: 20

By fuchrist, Member on 11th August 2017, 08:15 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey guys,

I'd like to flash Nougat on my Bacon but I'm overwhelmed (& overjoyed) by the sheer amount of Nougat ROMs available for Bacon.

I like the automatic ROM update function of LineageOS due to its comfort but I guess all of the ROMs available will have their pros and cons.

I tried to read through as many threads as possible but in the end I figured that a new thread regarding the most viable Nougat ROM for bacon can't hurt since the other threads are about half a year old and a lot of development was done in the mean time.

So which one do you prefer?

Cheers!
11th August 2017, 10:11 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I'm very content about the Tugapower ROM. OTA updates, no bloatware, active support using Telegram and G+. Never faced any issues and if you'd like to play PoGO, that's possible with this ROM while being rooted.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ezechiel007 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ezechiel007 Ad-Free
11th August 2017, 11:22 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 737

More
Slim7(unofficial version). Very minimal customization. Very good standby/idle. Doze works very well. SOT 4-6 hours.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to se7enlyn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift se7enlyn Ad-Free
11th August 2017, 07:38 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1,776

More
Sultanized RR has Sultans awesome camera and battery life (a must for summer) + the unmatched customization of vanilla RR.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CedArctic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CedArctic Ad-Free
12th August 2017, 02:56 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 109

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CedArctic

Sultanized RR has Sultans awesome camera and battery life (a must for summer) + the unmatched customization of vanilla RR.

Not to mention substratum theme engine support, which is vastly superior to the cm theme engine. Its also compatible with the new 3.10 kernel, allowing you run magisk hide and properly pass safetynet to be able to use Netflix and other apps that have the horrific safetynet DRM blockade.
The Following User Says Thank You to ThunderThighs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ThunderThighs Ad-Free
12th August 2017, 03:59 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 417

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderThighs

Not to mention substratum theme engine support, which is vastly superior to the cm theme engine. Its also compatible with the new 3.10 kernel, allowing you run magisk hide and properly pass safetynet to be able to use Netflix and other apps that have the horrific safetynet DRM blockade.

Which 3.10 kernel are you referring to? Link?
The Following User Says Thank You to f41lbl0g For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift f41lbl0g Ad-Free
12th August 2017, 10:57 AM |#7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Can you maybe post a link of the sultanized RR that you're referring to?
12th August 2017, 11:41 AM |#9  
Flag *RESTRICTED AREA*
Thanks Meter: 1,968

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by f41lbl0g

Which 3.10 kernel are you referring to? Link?

https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...-t3379135/amp/
12th August 2017, 01:07 PM |#10  
Flag *RESTRICTED AREA*
Thanks Meter: 1,968

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CedArctic

The ROM is good,but there are various app crashes(for ex: when playing a movie for more than half an hour in MX Player) due to "GPU out of memory".
13th August 2017, 02:01 AM |#11  
Flag Oregon
Thanks Meter: 1,666

More
Omni rom for the summer cant beat the camera
The Following User Says Thank You to david72262 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift david72262 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)