FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[HOWTO] Oneplus One - Cast Screen on your Smart TV without Chromecast

35 posts
Thanks Meter: 33

By yugz5, Member on 13th November 2014, 03:38 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Oneplus One Screen cast issue solved (Conditionally, for sure and in a little simpler way)!!
Wait..May be there wasn't any issue at all!

I read thru many forums people complaining about unable to cast OPO screen or expressing their annoyance that Chromecast is not supporting OPO for screencast yet..

Here is one of the popular and working solutions by an xDA member, Thanks @r3pwn :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/hard...evice-t2812193

But hey..! There may be an easy way! CynogenMod OPO doesn't need any Chromecast support! Not even Chromecast itself!
There may be a other solution posted somewhere, but I did not find any. So I'll just go ahead and post this guide. I'm pretty sure it's gonna help somebody!

Here is what I did to cast my OPO to my Samsung Smart TV. Easy peasy!

1. Make sure your OPO and TV are on same Wi-Fi network. (This step may not be necessary, but I haven't tested yet without this step.)
2. Many of you are aware that there is an option for OPO in the Settings > Display and Light > Cast Screen > "On"
3. Even after that you most probably won't see you TV listed there. Now here's the catch on next step. Follow Either Step 4a or 4b, whichever works for you. (Either should work, but just in case..)
4a. In OPO, go to Setting > Wi-Fi > Options Menu > Wi-Fi Direct. You should see your TV listed there. Select that, and allow for any Connection Prompt on OPO or TV.
4b. In TV (samsung Samrt TV in my case), go to Menu > Network > Wi-FI Direct. Your OPO should be listed here. Select that, and allow for any Connection Prompt on OPO or TV.
5. Now in TV, go to Menu > Network> Allshare Settings> Screen Mirroring. The TV will be ready to receive the stream from OPO.
6. After this, go to the Settings > Display and Light > Cast Screen on OPO. We've already turned it on, so now you shold be able to see your TV there. Just click on it and that's it!

You should now be able to see your OPO screen on your TV (Samsung Smart TV for sure). Response is pretty fast; it may not be suitable for high accurate timing games, but other than that, this works like a charm..! Oh, and the TV screen is fully filled when rotating your OPO in landscape mode. I was able stream 1080p video file without any jittering or quality loss! Complete audio and video! Do post back on your experiences..

I believe, the pairing for Wi-Fi Direct was the key step here. I assume everyone who failed to cast their screen did not paired for Wi-Fi Direct.

This guide should work for other phones and/or TVs, as long as DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct, and Screen Mirroring is supported on both devices. Steps and menus will vary a bit, but that's all!

If any of you get other devices working , please feedback...

Enjoy casting..!

My Device: Oneplus One - A0001 - Stock ROM & Kernel - CynogenMod 11.0-XNPH38R - Android 4.4.4 - TWRP 2.7.1.1 - SuperSU 2.01
My TV: Samsung LED F6400 Series Smart TV - 46” Class (45.9” Diag.) - UN46F6400AFXZA
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to yugz5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift yugz5 Ad-Free

13th November 2014, 05:19 PM |#2  
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 12

Donate to Me
More
Will try on Grundig.

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app
13th November 2014, 09:23 PM |#3  
Flag Dahod, India
Thanks Meter: 74

More
MANY MANY THANKS
tried and working

have samsung tv
13th November 2014, 09:33 PM |#4  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo_HR

Will try on Grundig.

Hmm.. should work if it supports Wi-Fi Direct..

Sent from my A0001
The Following User Says Thank You to yugz5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift yugz5 Ad-Free
13th November 2014, 09:38 PM |#5  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by parth132

MANY MANY THANKS
tried and working

have samsung tv

Haha.. Gud deal! :thumbup:

Sent from my A0001
13th November 2014, 09:39 PM |#6  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Knocking on your door
Thanks Meter: 19,087

Donate to Me
More
Added to OnePlus One index thread:

[INDEX] OnePlus One Resources Compilation Roll-Up

Transmitted via Bacon
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Heisenberg Ad-Free
13th November 2014, 09:45 PM |#7  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa

Added to OnePlus One index thread:

[INDEX] OnePlus One Resources Compilation Roll-Up

Transmitted via Bacon

Thanks, @timmaaa

Sent from my A0001
The Following User Says Thank You to yugz5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift yugz5 Ad-Free
13th November 2014, 10:29 PM |#8  
Flag Zagreb

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yugz5

Hmm.. should work if it supports Wi-Fi Direct..

Sent from my A0001

No go. Just DLNA on TV.
Do not see One (I see all other android devoces).

13th November 2014, 11:21 PM |#9  
OP Member

More
Quote:

No go. Just DLNA on TV.
Do not šefe One (I see all other android devoces).

I wonder why you see other Android devices and not OPO.. It should at least be visible to the TV. May be there is some other issue before regarding connection at first?

Are other android devices able to connect to TV? nd via Wi-Fi Direct? Can they cast the screen?

Sent from my A0001
13th November 2014, 11:35 PM |#10  
Flag Zagreb

Donate to Me
More
Will explore this later.

My TV is on R45, tried also wifi on router no change.
No further idea what to try next. Maybe some app.

13th November 2014, 11:47 PM |#11  
OP Member

More
Quote:

Will explore this later.

My TV is on R45, tried also wifi on router no change.
No further idea what to try next. Maybe some app.

Hmm.. post back what you find out.. If other devices are visible, then OPO should be, too.

Sent from my A0001
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)