FORUMS

[TOOL] [May 1] One-Click Backup & Restore EFS on OnePlus One

622 posts
Thanks Meter: 173

Post Reply Email Thread
Hey guys just made this for one and all !
Backup & Restore EFS on your OnePlus One through ADB!
No TWRP Recovery needed!
UPDATED : MAY 1, 2018

YOUR PHONE MUST BE ROOTED

To Backup,
First you need to enable USB Debigging mode by checking Settings -> Developer Options -> USB Debugging. If Developer Options is not found, go to Settings -> About Phone and tap the build number rapidly 6-7 times till a toast comes up saying 'You're now a developer' (or something like 'Developer Options is enabled'). Go back. Voila! You see 'Developer Options' above About Phone in settings. - Thanks to @Heisenberg for notifying!
Just download the attachment, extract it to a folder, connect your phone to PC through ADB, double click on 'BACKUP EFS.bat'. When it says 'Press any key...' just press any key on your keyboard! You'll see 'modemst1.bin' & 'modemst2.bin' files in the same folder where you extracted the ZIP, make more copies and backup of it! That's your EFS!
DONE!

To Restore,
Connect your phone to PC through ADB, place your 'modemst1.bin' & 'modemst2.bin' in the folder where you extracted the attachment (it should be there if you never moved it after backing up) and double click on 'RESTORE EFS.bat'.​
DONE!

Hope this helps someone
Attached Files
File Type: zip EFS-Backup-OPO-May-1.zip - [Click for QR Code] (467.6 KB, 772 views)
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Paresh Kalinani For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Paresh Kalinani Ad-Free
5th July 2015, 11:08 PM |#2  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Knocking on your door
Thanks Meter: 19,109

Donate to Me
More
Great idea. You might want to mention that you need to go into Settings/Developer Options and enable usb/adb debugging first, and to enable Developer Options you need to go into Settings/About Phone and click on Build Number seven or eight times. Also, the screen must be on and phone unlocked for adb to work.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Heisenberg Ad-Free
6th July 2015, 07:41 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg

Great idea. You might want to mention that you need to go into Settings/Developer Options and enable usb/adb debugging first, and to enable Developer Options you need to go into Settings/About Phone and click on Build Number seven or eight times. Also, the screen must be on and phone unlocked for adb to work.

Thanks! I'll do that right now!
4th August 2015, 03:21 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 767

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paresh Kalinani

Hey guys just made this for one and all !
Backup & Restore EFS on your OnePlus One through ADB!
No TWRP Recovery needed!

Hey there, do you have any idea if this would work for a secondary from running via multirom? My primary rom COS12 is fine, but my secondary rom (CM11S) is showing with an unknown IMEI and baseband and has no wifi/signal etc. I have tried flashing the CM11s modem again on the primary rom but no luck.
7th August 2015, 09:57 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai

More
Question Did you try it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmyth

Hey there, do you have any idea if this would work for a secondary from running via multirom? My primary rom COS12 is fine, but my secondary rom (CM11S) is showing with an unknown IMEI and baseband and has no wifi/signal etc. I have tried flashing the CM11s modem again on the primary rom but no luck.

Never tried dual booting ROMs... (you're talking about that right?). See, as far as the mmc blocks for EFS partition are same, backup and restore should work. Find out what block contains EFS (if it's different for different ROMs while dual booting) and edit my code in BACKUP EFS.bat and RESTORE EFS.bat . You'll figure out it's easy!
The Following User Says Thank You to Paresh Kalinani For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Paresh Kalinani Ad-Free
7th August 2015, 10:03 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 767

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paresh Kalinani

Never tried dual booting ROMs... (you're talking about that right?). See, as far as the mmc blocks for EFS partition are same, backup and restore should work. Find out what block contains EFS (if it's different for different ROMs while dual booting) and edit my code in BACKUP EFS.bat and RESTORE EFS.bat . You'll figure out it's easy!

Thanks for replying, I ended up trying a good old dirty flash and it seems to have restored the secondary rom's baseband and IMEI so its seems to have fixed it. I flashed another ROM (liquid smooth 4.4.4) via multirom and its working as well, so everything seems to be back to normal.
23rd September 2015, 07:41 AM |#7  
Flag Ahmedabad
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Does this backup everything on the phone ? Including home screen widgets, apps, images, WiFi settings etc ?
The Following User Says Thank You to sulay26 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sulay26 Ad-Free
23rd September 2015, 09:14 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1,349

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sulay26

Does this backup everything on the phone ? Including home screen widgets, apps, images, WiFi settings etc ?

You serious? Please do your homework and learn what an EFS partition is.
13th October 2015, 03:30 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 358

More
Tried to backup my EFS partition using this tool but my computer just hangs at: "Waiting for OnePlus One..."

Any idea how to correct this?
28th October 2015, 06:56 PM |#10  
Flag Iași
Thanks Meter: 585

More
@Paresh Kalinani, One-Click or Double Click
nice job automating things for lazy ones thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to funCrash93 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift funCrash93 Ad-Free
26th November 2015, 07:01 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Thanks a lot bro
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adb, backup, efs, oneplus, tool

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)