[UPDATE]LineageOS-15.1- [UNOFFICIAL] [30/04/2018]& [ROM][7.1.2_r29] LineageOMS-14.1

Search This thread

zzjea

What am I missing here? I have been using this ROM for about 2 months and it is performing like an official version of Oreo. How is it that there are so few replies? Is this the best kept secret in Androidville? I am also rooted and we have two OPO's with this rom running every day as our daily drivers. Why is this rom not getting the coverage it deserves?

What am I missing here? I have been using this ROM for about 2 months and it is performing like an official version of Oreo. How is it that there are so few replies? Is this the best kept secret in Androidville? I am also rooted and we have two OPO's with this rom running every day as our daily drivers. Why is this rom not getting the coverage it deserves?
I'm guessing because there's nothing wrong with it so nobody's coming here to troubleshoot/complain ?

Nov 16, 2013
Great ROM

First of all: Thank you @SivaVr for this great ROM! I'm running it since last week and so far it is running smoothly and without any major issues. I just got my Oneplus One back from their support, my screen broke so I used the fresh start to try out an Oreo Build.

I looked through many sites and almost every blog mentioned one LineageOS 15.1 ROM made by @jhalayashraj. Since the last update was made in January/February, I flipped a coin and decided to try my luck with this neat ROM here.

I was a bit concerned, since nobody mentioned any bugs or errors with this ROM at all, which seemed to good to be true. I was right but so far the list (for me) is very short. However, I'd still like to help SivaVr to improve the ROM so here it goes:

Slow Battery Charge
Before my phone was fully charged in about an hour. Right now it takes my phone about 2h to get from 20% to 95%. It seems to be an issue with some other ROMs as well. It's not too bad, but still it'd be nice to charge this nice piece of hardware in about an hour when time is of the essence.

No Connection to Computer
One real drawback for me is the fact, that the phone is no longer recognized by my computer. I can charge my phone with the adapter, but when connected to my computer, I don't even get a connection jingle from my computer nor a dropdown option in the status bar on my phone. It seems like there is no connection whatsoever. Anyway, the phone seems to get charged, when connected to the computer.

Vendor Image Mismatch
Everytime I restart my phone, this error message flashes. As far as I could find, it's just an annoying message, but nothing more to worry about, bit still a bug to mention:
Android system
A vendor image mismatch has been detected. Typically this means your vendor image is out of date. Please ensure your vendor image matches MHC19Q.

If you need any more information on this issue, please let me know what you need. I'm happy to provide help for you.

Last edited:

zzjea

First of all: Thank you @SivaVr for this great ROM! I'm running it since last week and so far it is running smoothly and without any major issues. I just got my Oneplus One back from their support, my screen broke so I used the fresh start to try out an Oreo Build.

I looked through many sites and almost every blog mentioned one LineageOS 15.1 ROM made by @jhalayashraj. Since the last update was made in January/February, I flipped a coin and decided to try my luck with this neat ROM here.

I was a bit concerned, since nobody mentioned any bugs or errors with this ROM at all, which seemed to good to be true. I was right but so far the list (for me) is very short. However, I'd still like to help SivaVr to improve the ROM so here it goes:

Slow Battery Charge
Before my phone was fully charged in about an hour. Right now it takes my phone about 2h to get from 20% to 95%. It seems to be an issue with some other ROMs as well. It's not too bad, but still it'd be nice to charge this nice piece of hardware in about an hour when time is of the essence.

No Connection to Computer
One real drawback for me is the fact, that the phone is no longer recognized by my computer. I can charge my phone with the adapter, but when connected to my computer, I don't even get a connection jingle from my computer nor a dropdown option in the status bar on my phone. It seems like there is no connection whatsoever. Anyway, the phone seems to get charged, when connected to the computer.

Vendor Image Mismatch
Everytime I restart my phone, this error message flashes. As far as I could find, it's just an annoying message, but nothing more to worry about, bit still a bug to mention:

If you need any more information on this issue, please let me know what you need. I'm happy to provide help for you.

I have been using this ROM for about 2 months without issue. To your concerns:

--Battery- My battery charges as fast as it ever did and have not had slow charging issues

--USB Connection to PC- If you turn on USB for "File Transfer" you will see the connection on the PC assuming you have drivers installed

--Vendor Image Mismatch- I got this in the previous version but it disappeared with the latest version dated 4/30/18

Best Oreo ROM for OPO that I know of. Very happy with the work that has been done by XDA developers (SivaVr) to keep my 2 OPO's current

Reactions: CheeseyFighter
Nov 16, 2013
I have been using this ROM for about 2 months without issue. To your concerns:

--Battery- My battery charges as fast as it ever did and have not had slow charging issues

--USB Connection to PC- If you turn on USB for "File Transfer" you will see the connection on the PC assuming you have drivers installed

--Vendor Image Mismatch- I got this in the previous version but it disappeared with the latest version dated 4/30/18

Best Oreo ROM for OPO that I know of. Very happy with the work that has been done by XDA developers (SivaVr) to keep my 2 OPO's current

Oh shoot. I seem to have downloaded the version before that, I have installed the 4/17/18 -.-
Thanks for pointing that out, I just checked again. Obviously my mistake.

Do you know, can I somehow update to the latest version without loosing everything? Can I just run over it as it is or do I have to make a complete wipe again?

What Kernel do you use? I didn't flash an extra one, so I have installed the one that came with the 4/17/18

Last edited:

zzjea

Oh shoot. I seem to have downloaded the version before that, I have installed the 4/17/18 -.-
Thanks for pointing that out, I just checked again. Obviously my mistake.

Do you know, can I somehow update to the latest version without loosing everything? Can I just run over it as it is or do I have to make a complete wipe again?

What Kernel do you use? I haven't flashed one, so I'm still using the standard kernel.

First, I always take a Nandroid backup before I do anything and I keep the latest 2 versions in case I need to go back to them (I have the 64GB OPO and have plenty of space).
You should be able to just do a Dalvik wipe and install the latest zip. I do a "dirty" install with new updates to this ROM and all is good.
I do not use a special Kernel. I also re-root during my updates. I use the latest TWRP and set it for multiple zip installs (latest ROM, Open Gapps (Micro) and SuperSU).

When you do a first install from another ROM, you do need to do a factory reset. Some say you should always do that, but I don't want to reconfigure all my settings and apps every time and it has worked for me.

Nov 16, 2013
First, I always take a Nandroid backup before I do anything and I keep the latest 2 versions in case I need to go back to them (I have the 64GB OPO and have plenty of space).
You should be able to just do a Dalvik wipe and install the latest zip. I do a "dirty" install with new updates to this ROM and all is good.
I do not use a special Kernel. I also re-root during my updates. I use the latest TWRP and set it for multiple zip installs (latest ROM, Open Gapps (Micro) and SuperSU).

When you do a first install from another ROM, you do need to do a factory reset. Some say you should always do that, but I don't want to reconfigure all my settings and apps every time and it has worked for me.

Yeah, I'll definitely do a Nandroid backup =)

What do you mean by "re-rooting"?
You use Micro? I installed the latest Gapps (Nano). Do I need to install them again after the update?
And why do you use SuperSU? Isn't LineageOS 15.1 capable of "rooting" in the options menu?

zzjea

Yeah, I'll definitely do a Nandroid backup =)

What do you mean by "re-rooting"?
You use Micro? I installed the latest Gapps (Nano). Do I need to install them again after the update?
And why do you use SuperSU? Isn't LineageOS 15.1 capable of "rooting" in the options menu?

If you are not already "rooted" just disregard that reference (it's another option if you want to do some research on it).
Nano is Okay too. I could use that version but have not. Yes, you need to install whatever Open Gapps you want to use. I would strongly suggest you do a multiple install where all the zips are installed at the same time in succession. This is the way I do it and it works for me.
Lineage 15.1 in the ROM we are discussing, does not have on-board root capabilities. You have to add that functionality if you want it. This may be true of all the Lineage 15.1 ROMS. Of course your bootloader must be unlocked first.

Reactions: CheeseyFighter
Nov 16, 2013
If you are not already "rooted" just disregard that reference (it's another option if you want to do some research on it).
Nano is Okay too. I could use that version but have not. Yes, you need to install whatever Open Gapps you want to use. I would strongly suggest you do a multiple install where all the zips are installed at the same time in succession. This is the way I do it and it works for me.
Lineage 15.1 in the ROM we are discussing, does not have on-board root capabilities. You have to add that functionality if you want it. This may be true of all the Lineage 15.1 ROMS. Of course your bootloader must be unlocked first.

Thank you for your fast and friendly help. I'll do a multi-zip-install, just like last time!

One last thing: Which version of SuperSU did you flash?
SuperSU-v2.82-201705271822
- or -
SR5-SuperSU-v2.82-SR5-20171001224502

Nov 16, 2013
Thanks again for the help, everything went smoothly and without problems. I now have the latest ROM.

The good news is: The vendor mismatch error message is gone.

The bad news is: I still can't connect my phone to my computer. If I boot to recovery, the phone gets recognized and I can even transfer files and such. As soon as I boot the system, the phone doesnt even show any options to choose from (normally you can choose between loading, file transfer, etc.).
When I plug in the phone, the computer doesn't flash the plugin-in-jingle and the cell phone either doesn't react at all or the LED is flashing rapidly for a short amount of time and stops. Either way, no connection :/

As for the charging, I still have to try that one, I'll come back as soon as I had to charge it again.

zzjea

Thanks again for the help, everything went smoothly and without problems. I now have the latest ROM.

The good news is: The vendor mismatch error message is gone.

The bad news is: I still can't connect my phone to my computer. If I boot to recovery, the phone gets recognized and I can even transfer files and such. As soon as I boot the system, the phone doesnt even show any options to choose from (normally you can choose between loading, file transfer, etc.).
When I plug in the phone, the computer doesn't flash the plugin-in-jingle and the cell phone either doesn't react at all or the LED is flashing rapidly for a short amount of time and stops. Either way, no connection :/

As for the charging, I still have to try that one, I'll come back as soon as I had to charge it again.

If you are booted into the Android system and using your phone normally, go to
Settings: Connected Devices: USB: (select Transfer Files or which ever choice you want)
If you then go the the "This PC" icon on your PC you should see the device A0001 (OnePlus One).
You can open it and see your Internal Storage files on the phone.

Mine works just as described above.

If this does not work for you, then you probably do not have the appropriate drivers installed on your PC. Or you have not turned on Developer Options and setup Android debugging (ADB interface).

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2013
If you are booted into the Android system and using your phone normally, go to
Settings: Connected Devices: USB: (select Transfer Files or which ever choice you want)
If you then go the the "This PC" icon on your PC you should see the device A0001 (OnePlus One).
You can open it and see your Internal Storage files on the phone.

Mine works just as described above.

If this does not work for you, then you probably do not have the appropriate drivers installed on your PC. Or you have not turned on Developer Options and setup Android debugging (ADB interface).

Thank you, but unfortunately my case is a bit different. When in recovery mode, the phone connects to my computer as you have described above: An icon with A0001 appears in "This PC" and I can access it like a normal folder. That's the reason why I know, that my computer drivers are working and up to date (that and the fact that I have installed them prior the flashing a week ago).

As soon as I boot my phone normally, it doesn't react when connecting to the computer. USB Debugging is active and the phone is also set to MTP. Since it works in recovery mode, I think it has to do with the ROM or something system related, since in recovery it works just fine.

I'm still glad for your help. If I find out anything about it, I'll let you know. I still hope that this ROM will get future updates either way =)

zzjea

Thank you, but unfortunately my case is a bit different. When in recovery mode, the phone connects to my computer as you have described above: An icon with A0001 appears in "This PC" and I can access it like a normal folder. That's the reason why I know, that my computer drivers are working and up to date (that and the fact that I have installed them prior the flashing a week ago).

As soon as I boot my phone normally, it doesn't react when connecting to the computer. USB Debugging is active and the phone is also set to MTP. Since it works in recovery mode, I think it has to do with the ROM or something system related, since in recovery it works just fine.

I'm still glad for your help. If I find out anything about it, I'll let you know. I still hope that this ROM will get future updates either way =)

There are only 4 options on the Lineage 15.1 ROM for Connected Devices: USB.
--Charge this device
--Transfer files
--Transfer photos (PTP)
--Use device as MIDI
You said your USB was set to MTP. Do you mean the MIDI setting? What are you trying to do? If I choose MIDI, I do not get a PC acknowledgement but I do on Transfer Files and Transfer Photos.

Also, while in Recovery, what is it that you are doing that requires you to connect to a PC? Do you use Bootloader and is that what you mean when you say Recovery? I'm not sure what you are trying to do between your phone and PC in either case (regular system or recovery). If you can explain what you are trying to accomplish, maybe we can figure it out.

Do you use TWRP for recovery?

I download all of the files (zip) necessary for an install (flash) to a new or updated ROM by using my current phone's ROM (regular ole download). I do not go through my PC to accomplish any flashes (ADB sideload, etc.) although I have in the past. It is easier to download directly from the internet to my phone's Internal Storage and then boot into TWRP Recovery and do all the flashing there from my phone's Download directory, or wherever I have moved it (I use Root Browser to move my zips to an Oreo directory I created for 15.1 files).

Nov 16, 2013
There are only 4 options on the Lineage 15.1 ROM for Connected Devices: USB.
--Charge this device
--Transfer files
--Transfer photos (PTP)
--Use device as MIDI
You said your USB was set to MTP. Do you mean the MIDI setting? What are you trying to do? If I choose MIDI, I do not get a PC acknowledgement but I do on Transfer Files and Transfer Photos.
I know. I didn't mean the MIDI setting. Transfer Files = MTP (media transfer protocol).

Also, while in Recovery, what is it that you are doing that requires you to connect to a PC? Do you use Bootloader and is that what you mean when you say Recovery? I'm not sure what you are trying to do between your phone and PC in either case (regular system or recovery). If you can explain what you are trying to accomplish, maybe we can figure it out.

Do you use TWRP for recovery?
I use TWRP for recovery and I also used it to copy the OS-files, SU-files and gapps-files onto the phone. That's why I noticed that in TWRP-Recovery the connection (MTP) works and with the OS it didn't.

I download all of the files (zip) necessary for an install (flash) to a new or updated ROM by using my current phone's ROM (regular ole download). I do not go through my PC to accomplish any flashes (ADB sideload, etc.) although I have in the past. It is easier to download directly from the internet to my phone's Internal Storage and then boot into TWRP Recovery and do all the flashing there from my phone's Download directory, or wherever I have moved it (I use Root Browser to move my zips to an Oreo directory I created for 15.1 files).
I'm already past that. I have installed everything I wanted, I just wanted to transfer some music onto my phone. The problem was, that my phone didn't react to the USB-connection with the computer. No sound, no options to choose from (e.g. Charge, Transfer Files, etc.), nothing. It was like the phone didn't realize that there is a USB connection made. It only worked in TWRP Recovery, there I could transfer stuff onto my phone and from my phone to my PC.

I don't know what happened, I tried it a few times, then I paused for a few days and tried again. Then suddenly I heard the connection jingle from Windows and I also had the opitons to choose from and set it to Transfer Files (MTP). The connection was cut off during some file transfer but I could establish it again and it worked again, so I'm not quite sure what the problem was.
(I could eliminate a faulty cable and a faulty board via other cables and devices, so that's not the reason. If I find out what caused this, I'll update this post.)

For the charging: It is still very weird. Sometimes it charges a bit faster than other times, but I have no clue why. All in all the charging duration lies between 2-4h which is way to long. There is not setting I could find to accelerate this, but I know, that the OPO is able to charge from 10%-80% in about an hour, so I think it has to do with the OS.

Does anyone else has the feeling that the picture quality of the camera is a bit worse compared to CM13.1?

I still hope this ROM is not dead since I like it a lot for most of my uses and it is very clean and fast. Keep up the great work!

iofujsiow

Dec 10, 2017
I have issue running astrill vpn with lineageos 15.1. I have the latest twrp installed, fully wiped before flashing the rom, i am able to open the app, but as soon as i type my username and password and then hit 'login', the phone freezes and restart, anyone have any idea how to solve it? resurrectionRemix rom also has this issue i assume its also based on lineageos.

Top Liked Posts