FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOL] OnePlusRecovery Tool (V1.0) | Restore Stock (CM11s) | Fix Bricks | ETC

1,288 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,223

By Zyxxeil, Senior Member on 3rd January 2015, 08:09 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey guys, I am posting this in hopes that it will solve your problem now or in the future. This is basically a modified Msm8974DownloadTool that includes the CM11s (XNPH44S) ROM rather than the color OS ROM (Skipping the whole fastboot flash step and just using this program) as well as its 85% translated (Making it easier to use). This will fix any bricks that you might have gotten yourself into or if you simply want to restore to the stock CM11s firmware. Hope you guys enjoy

NOTE: (THIS MEANS READ)
1.) RUN PROGRAM AS ADMINISTRATOR (OR IT WILL FAIL)
2.) If windows 8 nags that it might be unsafe just click more info and click RUN ANYWAY. (Reason: I modified the exe file to flash CM11s rather than Color OS and it causes it to loose the signature.)
3) If drivers dont work or your device is not detected for whatever reason install the QPST tool.

Instructions
1.) Connect your phone to your PC.
2.) Make sure the OnePlusRecoveryTool is open and your PHONE IS OFF.
3.) Hold Volume UP + Power
4.) Your computer should detect it (If not then install proper drivers, Look below)
5.) Click Refresh - Something should be different on one of the columns of the program.
6.) Click Start (Make sure Normal Restore is ticked)
7.) It should flash (It might take a long time to flash System.img and or Userdata.img sometimes)
8.) It will show green once its done, at this point you can disconnect device and hold power to reboot.
9.) You should be fully restored to stock CM11s. Enjoy

Video on how to use:

Downloads in Second Post (Thanks Guinea Pig :P )
The Following 108 Users Say Thank You to Zyxxeil For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zyxxeil Ad-Free

3rd January 2015, 08:10 AM |#2  
Flag Woodinville
Thanks Meter: 929

Donate to Me
More
Changelog
Code:
v1.1
Fixed Radios 
Fixed Duplicate Flash (16GB Only)
Drivers Extracted By Default
Updated Drivers

v1.0
Initial Release
Note: You may not be to the point where you need this tool yet. If you are just trying to fix issues coming from Oneplus's ROM, then this thread may be able to help you before you go ahead with wiping everything.

Download
Mega.co.nz
Basketbuild
AndroidFileHost

Qualcomm Product Support Tool (QPST) Mega.co.nz

OnePlus Forums thread is located here.

MSM Drivers: Run the setup file located in the Drivers folder and follow the prompts BEFORE using the tool otherwise it will fail.

WARNING: The Radios issue was addressed in the v1.1 update, but just in case I have provided instructions below on how to manually flash your modem/radio.

After booting into CM11S, download XNPH44S-modem.bin. Then reboot back to fastboot, cd to the .bin file and flash using:
Code:
fastboot flash modem XNPH44S-modem.bin
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to WEM97 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WEM97 Ad-Free
3rd January 2015, 08:24 AM |#3  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Knocking on your door
Thanks Meter: 19,053

Donate to Me
More
Just need to clarify something, you mention this restores the device to the stock CM11 firmware, but CM11 isn't the stock firmware for this phone, the stock firmware is CM11S. Is it CM11S or CM11? If it's CM11S, which build does it restore to? If it's CM11, which nightly or snapshot does it restore to?

Transmitted via Bacon
3rd January 2015, 08:26 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa

Just need to clarify something, you mention this restores the device to the stock CM11 firmware, but CM11 isn't the stock firmware for this phone, the stock firmware is CM11S. Is it CM11S or CM11? If it's CM11S, which build does it restore to? If it's CM11, which nightly or snapshot does it restore to?

Transmitted via Bacon

CM11S and XNPH44S
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zyxxeil For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zyxxeil Ad-Free
3rd January 2015, 08:27 AM |#5  
Retired Forum Moderator

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyxxeil

CM11S and XNPH44S

Cool, you might wanna just adjust that error in the OP and add the build number.

Transmitted via Bacon
The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Heisenberg Ad-Free
3rd January 2015, 08:28 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa

Cool, you might wanna just adjust that error in the OP and add the build number.

Transmitted via Bacon

Done
The Following User Says Thank You to Zyxxeil For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zyxxeil Ad-Free
3rd January 2015, 08:34 AM |#7  
Retired Forum Moderator

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyxxeil

Done

Awesome!

Aaaannnnddd...

Added to OnePlus One index thread:

[INDEX] OnePlus One Resources Compilation Roll-Up

Transmitted via Bacon
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Heisenberg Ad-Free
4th January 2015, 03:10 AM |#8  
Flag Woodinville

Donate to Me
More
v1.1 Release
This release is mostly bug squashing and stability, but here's a little log for those who want to know what all has been changed. All links have been updated in the Downloads section of the second post. Enjoy!

Code:
v1.1
Fixed Radios 
Fixed Duplicate Flash (16GB Only)
Drivers Extracted By Default
Updated Drivers
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WEM97 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WEM97 Ad-Free
4th January 2015, 09:17 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
does this thing work? tried installing the drivers but still the tool wnt detect my phone in fastboot. Any reason why

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app
4th January 2015, 09:31 PM |#10  
Flag Woodinville

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dev.meena

does this thing work? tried installing the drivers but still the tool wnt detect my phone in fastboot. Any reason why

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app

This tool does NOT use fastboot. It uses the hardware debuging port built into the Qualcomm chipset. Read the OP and follow the instructions on how to activate this port. If you still have questions feel free to ask
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WEM97 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WEM97 Ad-Free
5th January 2015, 08:17 AM |#11  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 253

Donate to Me
More
Holy crap this thing is a real lifesaver. Improper bootloader and modem flash completely hard bricked my device.

Thanks for the tool bud. Lost data, but at least I got my OPO back. Is there a way to not wipe data? It would have been great if the tool could have an option to not flash userdata.img...

deltatux
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)