FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE]Fix!!! Brickloop/Audio FX FC/EFS Corrupt!!!

7,110 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,882

By markbencze, Recognized Contributor / Themer on 16th September 2014, 07:03 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Oneplus Bricklooping, Never ending Audio FX FC error, No IMEI/Baseband unknown, Corrupt EFS

READ THIS!!!

I cannot guarantee that this will work for everyone. However It has proven to be a solution for almost everyone that have used it. So if it does not work I ask that you be respectful in posting as such. Keep in mind that I myself am not having this issue. I was however compelled to try to help you guys, my fellow user. My hope is that I have given you a second chance. If it does work please be more careful!!!

Ok guys so I've read a lot of posts that say some of you guys are experiencing the above problems, and have tried what seems like everything to fix your baby. I've read the "flash color os" fix which seems to work for some but not all.

So I myself do not have this issue but a buddy of mine did so I was really wanted to not only help him fix his baby, but also anyone out here who is experiencing this issue.

Please note that if you have twrp installed you can skip down to "part 2" and simply run the command in terminal command via twrp

I am making a package for you to download which contains all files needed to make this happen.

Please note the methods here are not for fixing issues resulting from flashing various zips associated with any lollipop Roms or mods, nor is this thread a support thread for such problems
So inside it you will have a few files:
  • persist.img
  • reserve4.img (update: this file is not needed so ignore it!)
  • cm-11.0-XNPH30O-bacon-signed-fastboot_64GB.zip
  • adb-setup- 1.3.exe

please note that any commands run in fastboot mode require you to have an unlocked boot loader. If you are not sure if you are unlocked then that means you aren't! So to do so put the device in fastboot mode and type: "fastboot oem unlock"

Update: you don't need to worry about the reserve4.img or the 30O zip. if you have no O.S. then you can flash the 30O but we now know all that is needed is to flash the persist.img

INSTRUCTIONS:
  • EXTRACT ZIP
  • IF YOU HAVEN'T INSTALLED ADB/FASTBOOT DRIVERS RUN THE adb-setup- 1.3.exe FILE TO INSTALL ADB SYSTEM WIDE
  • IF YOU ALREADY HAVE ADB INSTALLED SKIP THAT STEP
  • OPEN A CMD WINDOW WHEREVER YOU HAVE THESE FILES EXTRACTED
  • TYPE THE FOLLOWING COMMANDS IN YOUR CMD WINDOW WITH DEVICE IN FASTBOOT MODE:
  • fastboot erase persist
  • fastboot flash persist persist.img
  • now reboot and check if all is working. If you have no O.S. installed then you will need to flash something to get back up in running: see below
    Note that this will wipe your device 100% so if anything is on your phone back it up to your PC!

This next part (in green text) is only if you have no os installed and not necessary for most people:
  • WE ARE NOW GOING TO FLASH 30O AND THEN ALL SHOULD BE FORGIVEN
  • SO EXTRACT THE cm-11.0-XNPH30O-bacon-signed-fastboot_64GB.zip
  • RUN THE flash-all.bat FILE FROM FASTBOOT AND YOU SHOULD BE CURED!!!
  • Please note that some users may get an error from running the flash-all.bat/.sh
    If so simply extract the .zip and flash all manually and you will get the desired result.

Part 2
If for some reason you have relocked your bootloader and still have twrp ( you'll know if its locked if you flash these images and it says "failed, device not unlocked"

So in this case reboot to twrp and run a terminal command with the following exactly as written

make_ext4fs /dev/block/mmcblk0p15

Then reboot and you should be all set!

Below are two different files for you to use. the first one contains the persist.img . I am uploading it seperate for those of you who already have a copy of 30O. I see no need in making you wait longer to dl this if you already have 30O.
I am uploading the full package which contains everything for those who need it all

If you found this helpful all I ask is you hit the thanks button!

Downloads ↓

NEVER SETTLE!

Full Package

If you are unable to use fastboot for whatever reason check this post for a flashable zip via custom recovery http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=55981898

Big shout out to my buddy AddisG for testing and confirming this works! We've been working on this for a long time and it's finally paid off

Also thanks to @Vonnegut for helping me maintain this thread and providing valuable information

Now once you are up and running again it's a good idea to not only backup your efs, but also copy that backup to your pc/cloud.

To do so is very easy. You'll need the app "terminal emulator" or alternatively you can do this on your Linux box too!
Issue the following commands to back them up:
  • open terminal
  • su
  • dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p10 of=/sdcard/modemst1.bin bs=512
  • dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p11 of=/sdcard/modemst2.bin bs=512

That will create two efs backups on your sd card. Make sure you copy them somewhere. DO NOT FORGET!!!
Now to restore your efs simply enter fastboot mode and flash the two efs files you backed up.
the commands are:

fastboot flash modemst1 modemst1.bin

fastboot flash modemst2 modemst2.bin

If you've tried all of the above and still have no baseband you can try this:

fastboot erase modemst1

fastboot erase modemst2

Please report if this works for you!!!
I sure hope it does!!!
The Following 231 Users Say Thank You to markbencze For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift markbencze Ad-Free

16th September 2014, 07:16 PM |#2  
Flag Washington
Thanks Meter: 960

More
Thanks bro Mark for all the time you spent helping me on this!!

PEOPLE PLEASE SMASH HIS THANKS BUTTON!!!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AddisG For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AddisG Ad-Free
16th September 2014, 07:33 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 718

More
Are the persist and reserve partitions not unique to devices?
16th September 2014, 07:38 PM |#4  
Flag Washington

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmo580

Are the persist and reserve partitions not unique to devices?

No, If you're having those nasty AudioFX FC when you turn on your phone use those two files or If not then follow the other instructions. I was going through the same but this fixed my problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to AddisG For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AddisG Ad-Free
16th September 2014, 07:59 PM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddisG

No, If you're having those nasty AudioFX FC when you turn on your phone use those two files or If not then follow the other instructions. I was going through the same but this fixed my problem.

Flashing 33R (not 30O) factory image did not fix my issues earlier. Sure I can try the 30O suggested here, but not too sure it'll do anything. But you're saying the persist and reserve files are not related to corrupt EFS/IMEI?
16th September 2014, 08:21 PM |#6  
Flag Washington

More
Quote:

Flashing 33R (not 30O) factory image did not fix my issues earlier. Sure I can try the 30O suggested here, but not too sure it'll do anything. But you're saying the persist and reserve files are not related to corrupt EFS/IMEI?

I can tell you exactly what i had done.. i was having AudioFX FC because of that i couldn't do anything on my phone.. so i flashed the persist and reserve files in fastboot.. that got rid of my AudioFX issues and fixed the WIFI issue also.. i was on R33.. no luck with data or network.. and had no IMEI.. so i flashed 30O then i got Data/Network back. Try Persist and reserve first.. on R33, if they don't work then flash 30O and see if it does it.

P.S once you get data and everything else working you can update to the latest version of CM11 (which i already done)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AddisG For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AddisG Ad-Free
16th September 2014, 08:48 PM |#7  
OP Recognized Contributor / Themer
Flag Ottawa

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Just try it and let us know if it works for you.
16th September 2014, 09:16 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by markbencze

Just try it and let us know if it works for you.

I followed your steps and no go. no cellular. Oddly Bluetooth works now. No Wifi, No cell.
16th September 2014, 09:21 PM |#9  
Flag Washington

More
Quote:

I followed your steps and no go. no cellular. Oddly Bluetooth works now. No Wifi, No cell.

Is your SIM inserted? And are you on 30O?
16th September 2014, 09:22 PM |#10  
OP Recognized Contributor / Themer
Flag Ottawa

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Try again.
Did you flash 30O also?

16th September 2014, 09:25 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by markbencze

Try again.
Did you flash 30O also?

I flashed 33R like 2 days ago. Today I flashed 30O per your instructions. Got the 64GB version from this thread.

Yes SIM inserted.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)