FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

How to transfer Recovery file to the phone? (Serious problem)

32 posts
Thanks Meter: 3
 
By eldin90, Member on 18th November 2019, 08:18 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have LineageOS 16.0
I used MutiROM before, uninstalled it, but MultiROM Recovery is still installed.
Today I downloaded update for LineageOS but I got "Updater process ended with ERROR: 7"

Now I can't boot to OS because it boots straight to recovery.

The solution is to flash normal recovery and flash LineageOS zip.
But I can't transfer Recovery.img to my OnePlus One.
While I'm in Recovery, ADB is not working and there's no option to enable it.
And while I'm in Fastboot, PC can't see any fastboot devices.

It's not the PC's fault because it can recognize my Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 in both ADB and Fastboot mode.

So basically I need a way to transfer Recovery.img from PC to OnePlus One.
I can access only TWRP and Fastboot.
I can't do anything over USB cable.
OnePlus One doesn't have microSD card slot so I can't do it that way.
And I tried plugging in USB OTG drive and it phone can't recognize it. It won't even send the power to OTG drive.
18th November 2019, 09:08 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Kraków
Thanks Meter: 1,138
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldin90

And I tried plugging in USB OTG drive and it phone can't recognize it. It won't even send the power to OTG drive.

Use a low current flash drive, e.g. Transcend JetFlash 380 32 GB USB 2.0 OTG [200mA].
18th November 2019, 09:41 PM |#3  
eldin90's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Lukavac
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ze7zez

Use a low current flash drive, e.g. Transcend JetFlash 380 32 GB USB 2.0 OTG [200mA].

I don't think that'll work.
Phone doesn't give power to USB devices at all.
I tried plugging in multiple devices that used to work before (2 different USB thumb drives, both directly via micro USB port and via micro USB to USB 2.0 adapter, tried plugging in another phone, mouse, gamepad, micro USB to Ethernet adapter)
All those stuff used to work before while phone was on. But now they don't get power at all.

I don't know could it be because of Recovery?
I haven't tried plugging in OTG devices while in Recovery before.
18th November 2019, 10:23 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag Kraków
Thanks Meter: 1,138
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldin90

While I'm in Recovery, ADB is not working and there's no option to enable it.
And while I'm in Fastboot, PC can't see any fastboot devices.

After entering:

Code:
adb devices
what you see in recovery mode?


---edit---

Use the USB 2.0 port on your PC.
The Following User Says Thank You to ze7zez For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ze7zez Ad-Free
18th November 2019, 11:23 PM |#5  
eldin90's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Lukavac
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ze7zez

After entering:

Code:
adb devices
what you see in recovery mode?


---edit---

Use the USB 2.0 port on your PC.

I don't see anything when I enter adb devices.
When I use any other phone I can see it after entering adb devices. But when I use OnePlus One I can't see anything.
And I only have USB 2.0 ports on my PC.
19th November 2019, 07:39 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Kraków
Thanks Meter: 1,138
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldin90

I have LineageOS 16.0
I used MutiROM before, uninstalled it, but MultiROM Recovery is still installed.
Today I downloaded update for LineageOS but I got "Updater process ended with ERROR: 7"

Are you sure you have an unmounted system partition before installing the ROM?

This message is the result of a mismatch between the build.prop entry from ROM and the TWRP installer script.
The Following User Says Thank You to ze7zez For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ze7zez Ad-Free
19th November 2019, 09:02 AM |#7  
eldin90's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Lukavac
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ze7zez

Are you sure you have an unmounted system partition before installing the ROM?

This message is the result of a mismatch between the build.prop entry from ROM and the TWRP installer script.

System partition is unmounted.
MultiROM TWRP gives me that error only when flashing some ROMs.
And it gives it to those ROMs always, no matter what I do.

Problem is that I only have LineageOS 16.0 zip on the phone and I don't have any other recoveries besides that MultiROM recovery.

Is there any way to boot the OS?
It worked fine before I tried to update it and it looks like all system files are still there.

I guess that failed update shouldn't had deleted any system files because it failed before it started doing anything.
I don't know what's making phone boot directly into recovery.
It won't even try to boot OS.
It goes straight into recovery every time.
19th November 2019, 09:44 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Flag Kraków
Thanks Meter: 1,138
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldin90

System partition is unmounted.
MultiROM TWRP gives me that error only when flashing some ROMs.
And it gives it to those ROMs always, no matter what I do.

Problem is that I only have LineageOS 16.0 zip on the phone and I don't have any other recoveries besides that MultiROM recovery.

Is there any way to boot the OS?
It worked fine before I tried to update it and it looks like all system files are still there.

I guess that failed update shouldn't had deleted any system files because it failed before it started doing anything.
I don't know what's making phone boot directly into recovery.
It won't even try to boot OS.
It goes straight into recovery every time.

There should always be an original ROM for installation and several recovery versions in the phone's memory.
Now you have the use of restoring rom.
Clear the cache. First, try to recover only the Boot, and if that doesn't help, the entire backup.
You also have a powerful tool in TWRP in the form of a terminal and busybox commands, so act.
The Following User Says Thank You to ze7zez For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ze7zez Ad-Free
19th November 2019, 06:37 PM |#9  
eldin90's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Lukavac
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ze7zez

There should always be an original ROM for installation and several recovery versions in the phone's memory.
Now you have the use of restoring rom.
Clear the cache. First, try to recover only the Boot, and if that doesn't help, the entire backup.
You also have a powerful tool in TWRP in the form of a terminal and busybox commands, so act.

I tried wiping Cache and Dalvik / ART Cache
Still boots directly to recovery.
I don't have any backups or recovery installations on phone's memory.

I only have backup from 2 months ago that contains only boot and cache.
I restored it but it still boots directly to recovery.

What terminal commands should I use to fix this?
19th November 2019, 09:28 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Flag Kraków
Thanks Meter: 1,138
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldin90

I tried wiping Cache and Dalvik / ART Cache
Still boots directly to recovery.
I don't have any backups or recovery installations on phone's memory.

I only have backup from 2 months ago that contains only boot and cache.
I restored it but it still boots directly to recovery.

What terminal commands should I use to fix this?

Since you don't maintain software hygiene, it's probably no better with hardware.
Clean the USB socket without damaging the connection. Clean the Vol- key in several ways.
Check if Odin can see the connection.
I have nothing more to add.
The Following User Says Thank You to ze7zez For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ze7zez Ad-Free
19th November 2019, 10:09 PM |#11  
eldin90's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Lukavac
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ze7zez

Since you don't maintain software hygiene, it's probably no better with hardware.
Clean the USB socket without damaging the connection. Clean the Vol- key in several ways.
Check if Odin can see the connection.
I have nothing more to add.

I work at coal coke industry and this happened about a month ago.
While I was charging the phone, coke dust inside the phone started burning and melted charger and USB socket together.
Guy from repair shop opened the phone and replaced USB socket with another one.

Is it possible that he didn't connected it correctly to the motherboard?
Or USB socket that he put wasn't exactly the same as the one that was originally there?

After he fixed it, we only tested can it charge the phone.
I haven't tried connecting phone to PC since then.


Anyways, is it possible to do something with terminal?
There has to be a file or something that's telling the phone to boot straight into recovery, right?
Can I remove or modify that file if it exists so phone boots into OS instead of recovery?

Vol- button isn't the problem.
It worked fine until I tried to update the OS.
And I can boot to Fastboot by holding Power and Vol+ buttons.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes