(im noob) OnePlus One "refresh" {twrp, backup, format, update, rom, root, etc}

Search This thread

oponewb

Sep 26, 2020
(im noob) OnePlus One "refresh" {twrp, backup, format, update, rom, root, etc}

TL;DR version: I finally got a new phone so I want to use the OP-1 to mess around and learn. I forgot how to do everything please be patient with me :angel:

I have currently two roms installed, cyanogen and lineage.

I have broken down the steps I think I need to follow to do what I want, but Im not sure. If you could address each point or link me to the correct articles/threads for each topic, I would appreciate.

1) I want to make backups and save them to my PC

2) I want to do complete format (if that is the same for android as it is for example for pc?? other example for ps-vita, you have to write zeros before doing anything else)

3) I want to update TWRP to current version

4) I want to update to current Lineage and maybe mess around with some other roms & stuff

It was many years ago I accidentally got my phone stuck in bootloop and had to flash. I dont remember the names of any of the softwares/methods I used the first time, or any of the terms to look up the steps myself :silly:

LONG VERSION

TWRP version i have is 3.0.2-0_2016-04-17 p1 ( i think :eek: )

1a) Backup: Through TWRP recovery mode, I press "backup", it says backup successful but it didnt ask me which rom I wanted to backup. Did it back up TWRP including my two roms? How do I back up just each rom separate?

1b) Backup to PC: after I have correctly backed up my roms, how do I transfer the backups to PC?

2a) Reformat: Do I need to do a "complete wipe" aka "write zeros" or similar? or do I simply reinstall the updated version of TWRP?

2b) I would like to start from complete format if that is correct. If this is not correct, what is the best way to "start from scratch" so they say (with ps vita, if you dont write zeros, you can have serious issues after modding)

3a) update TWRP: is this done the same way as when you first install TWRP?

3b) How do I go about doing that? (software needed, guides etc)

4a) I dont remember at all how to install roms/root/default apps/extra apps (like linux-terminal etc)

4b) Id like to basically have a fresh phone with fully up to date TWRP and Lineage with root so i can access linux terminal/emulator for messing with Kali-tools (its not a deal breaker if you cant help with that. its outside the scope of this thread but Im designing helix antenna for longrange p2p comms and if i can get airmon-ng it would be super helpful)

My PC is Windows 7 if that matters

sorry if this is too much for one thread, Im lost :D