1. Install CWM from High on Android guide
2. Install Android 5.1.1 from Gizbot guide (which comes from this XDA guide).
I finished the steps and got Android working perfectly. I love how smooth it is and all. However, I was ready to leave so I unplugged the USB (official cable). The phone freezes for few seconds and then it reboots. Now, I have tried many things and been in the same point many times, so there are two behaviours that can occur:
- When starting from the beginning with the cable unplugged, the Dirty Unicorn spinning wheel just freezes and reboot. It keeps doing so constantly. Reboot hell.
- When starting with the USB connected, but after a reset from disconnecting it, it goes into "Android is starting... Optimizing app 8 of X". There are two odd things here: the X is a different number each time it reboots, like 55 or 90, and then it freezes apparently at Google Apps and reboots again. Same reboot hell, but longer.
Now, I can turn it off, enter into recovery mode and reinstall everything. This is what allowed me to test exactly when it breaks. In any case it will only even start the Android 5.1.1 if the USB is connected.
My question is, any idea why this is happening? Any recommended step once inside Android to try to avoid this?Otherwise I'll try with another ROM, but I think that it's super odd and it looks like it might be fixed easily by someone who understands the system better than me...
Few extra details:
- Battery is 100%, so no apparent problem there.
- I'm using Ubuntu 15.04 on the computer side.
- I don't have a SIM card yet.
PS, if trying other ROM/gapps, which one do you recommend?