[KERNEL][OPO] FrancoKernel - r57 - 16th September - LineageOS 15.1 custom roms

Search This thread

Vonnegut

Sep 7, 2013
All due respect, built-in superuser is total trash in terms of reliability, compatibility, and UI. SuperSu works incredibly reliably, is recommended by the biggest root-based Apps out there, has a clean and minimal UI that doesn't dominate your screen or make you tap on tiny little bubbles to do what you want, and just takes a quick flash of a zip to get working fully.

In my eyes, it's not a priority and it probably shouldn't be. It's up to Franco though.

Since we are at that, well SuperSU is the best Superuser i have used so far. I have bought it and installed in my prior smartphones and with the CM11S too.
That said, i dunno where you read all that bull**** about built-in superusers and that's highly disrespectful for whoever integrated one.
I'm not here to argue with you, you'll be better served going to the right thread and tell to the CM/PA/Smlimkat team Your superuser sucks bigtime, get a life losers and wait for an answer (if that you like to do in your spare time).

Asking to support built-in superuser isn't an rough remark...
Have a good night.

LiquidSolstice

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2008
That said, i dunno where you read all that bull**** about built-in superusers and that's highly disrespectful for whoever integrated one.

Er. I didn't "read" this anywhere. This is my experience, and it is echoed by many developers of root-based applications. Superuser has repeatedly caused people more problems than it fixes, and there are many, many people who would agree. The enture reason why SuperSu was created was because Chainfire was getting frustrated with the inadequacies of Superuser.

I'm not here to argue iwth you, you'll be better served going to the right thread and tell to the CM/PA/Smlimkat team You're superuser sucks and wait for an answer (if that you like to do in your spare time).

Wow, I don't know what the hell crawled up your ass this morning, but you took my post in a completely different way than I intended. I don't understand why you feel so mortally offended, you really need to relax.

Asking to support built-in superuser isn't an rough remark...
Have a good night.

And I never said it was, I gave my opinion based on my experiences (as well as lots of feedback from many other people out there) with Superuser. I'm not sure why you are so insecure to think that I am attacking your post, because I'm genuinely not.

SuperSu is just one zip to flash, isn't buried in the system menu behind the Development settings which are hidden by default, and is geared towards people who understand what they are doing. In my opinion, that is far, far superior to any integrated Superuser that any ROM has had thus far.

Go get an evening drink or something. You're clearly a little too on edge today.

Reactions: paychex and zephiK

kojaraty

Nov 22, 2011
Hi Franco
Can you please fix the restore a backup through the app, I wanted to restore the stock kernel but my phone didn't boot. I flashed it through fastboot finally

paychex

Aug 10, 2013
Baltimore
Well maybe, but I do know that a few mods were done for the HTC M7 to get Tmobile wifi calling on it. It was probably a rom thing, but I thought Id ask here since this is where most of the intelligent members of this forum are.

bet it wasn't an AOSP ROM. Seems T-mo bakes it into their firmware.

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

As you can see, there's a screen of BBS with some sort of weird stats...

6d88f65ca07e2b096018ecbec8303a25.jpg

it would probably help you to go over to the BBS thread and read a bit. It is a very useful tool when you can make sense of what it all means. BTW the partial wakelock screen is gonna be the most important for you

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1179809

zephiK

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY

FuzeLearner

Apr 25, 2009
Not sure if this is a good or bad question. Does the "Performance E Profile" still function with this kernel? Do the "Power Save, Balanced, and Performance" settings in quick settings do what they say?

Thanks!

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos
Pushed r14 with improvements in the Audio stack and added support for MultiROM.

With the latest changes on the Audio department if you have problems with the device detecting your headset, any problems at all, grab a /proc/kmsg of when you insert/remove your headset and I'll forward them to Steve (cyanogen) - I'm in direct contact with him and we want to add support for all those crazy and different headsets (he's re-structuring the Kernel audio driver for better impedance detection and power savings).

Have fun & happy hackings!

spanielhead

Mar 1, 2013
Lugano

With the latest changes on the Audio department if you have problems with the device detecting your headset, any problems at all, grab a /proc/kmsg of when you insert/remove your headset and I'll forward them to Steve (cyanogen) - I'm in direct contact with him and we want to add support for all those crazy and different headsets (he's re-structuring the Kernel audio driver for better impedance detection and power savings).

Thank you.

Given you refer to the audio changes, I assume that means this is good with the new OTA?

Red5

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 31, 2007

That's awesome man, glad to hear you're in direct contact with Steve and working together. Good for both of you.

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos
Thank you.

Given you refer to the audio changes, I assume that means this is good with the new OTA?

The OTA is way behind this Kernel state. There's a big distance between shipped Stock Kernel and the newest code available. These new audio changes are a work in progress from Steve to improve the overall Audio quality and battery usage. I don't know much of the Audio stack or this driver in particular but I know there's still much to be done.

That's awesome man, glad to hear you're in direct contact with Steve and working together. Good for both of you.

:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all.

Compatibility:
    Builds until r44 are for CyanogenOS 5.1.1 YOG7DASK1 only.
    Builds starting with r45 are for Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 CyanogenOS. Currently r45 is the last release compatible with COS 6.0.1.
    Builds starting with r46 are compatible with Android Nougat 7.1.2 LineageOS and roms built from its sources.
    Builds starting with r56 are compatible with Android Oreo 8.1 LineageOS and roms built from its sources.

Download:
    https://francokernel.app

Installation:
    Flash the zip in your recovery
    or
    Auto-flash from Franco Kernel Updater app

Features:
    1 - Legendary battery life
    2 - Flash & forget
    3 - Typical interfaces like display adjustments, sound control, vibration control, and all that boring stuff
    4 - Bypasses the verified boot flag for Android Pay compatibility (root still breaks Android Pay but that's your own problem)
    5 - Idle power consumption reduced to the absolute minimum (if you have wakelocks from 3rd party apps you're obviously on your own)
    6 - Support for FKUpdater's Performance Profiles
    7 - Magical support, I'm here every day, checking posts almost hourly, ready to help anytime (well, unless you fail to read the OP, which contains most info you need)
    8 - Seemless integration with my app FKUpdater
    9 - All cores are unlocked and unshackled. Mimicking other SD801 devices all cores are online and hit idle states when they don't have tasks running, instead of going offline. Performance is greatly improved because all cores are readily available when needed
    10 - Some famous wakelocks are blocked and disabled by default for maximum battery life through out the day
    11 - No crap placebo patches, or "magical" optimizations
    12 - Probably more, check my github for all the details - the code speaks for itself

Changelog:
    https://francokernel.app
    Scroll down, choose your device & select the latest release to see the changelog.

Source:
    https://github.com/franciscofranco/bacon

Follow me on the interwebs
    Google+
    Twitter

Google+ FK community
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/117966512071636110546

Kernel Manager for Franco Kernel demo

Disclaimer to moderators:
    Slight OT is fine, but when users decide to act stupid they should be dealt with with the appropriate means - its really annoying for me when OT turns crazy. Please put the warning/ban hammer anytime any of you think there's lack of respect and/or too much unwanted OT crap - but if it doesn't meet this criteria let the OT posts alone. Thank you.

Cheers!
    Here's r40. Sorry for taking a bit, I've been extremely busy, finding a hard time managing everything while maintaining some sort of mental sanity:

* Improvement! Merged the latest patches from CM
    * Improvement! Fix issues with recent nightlies, including missing double tap to wake
    * Improvement! Merged the rest of the memory routines optimizations from Motorola
    * Improvement! Improved the behavior of very sudden cpu load increases on my Hotplug driver
    * Improvement! Fine tuned some of Conservative's settings
    * Improvement! Decreased load_average
    * Improvement! Merged a round of fixes from upstream, including security enhancements
    Pushed r35 syncing with CM's repo and merged a patch for interactive's responsiveness. Enjoy the new Wi-Fi driver and newer TouchPanel driver! Happy new year!
    Hey guys, r39's in da house!

* r39
    * Improvement! Merged the latest patches from CM
    * Improvement! Merged the new full display color adjustments (including saturation, contrast and hue). They'll be available to mess with from FKUpdater starting next update. Path: /sys/devices/platform/kcal_ctrl.0
    * Improvement! Added Krait memcpy and memmove optimizations from Motorola. Benchmarks on pre-after patch are on the commit on my github
    * Improvement! Merged some cpu task scheduler patches from upstream
    * Improvement! Fixed a bug that could limit max cpu frequency to 1GHz after a screen on/off cycle
    * Improvement! My cat can now cry of joy after seeing MKBHD's video about the One Plus One featuring franco.Kernel
    Nice work... why does title say N5?

Because I'm a moron and didn't fix my copy/pasta :victory: