The OnePlus 6 is officially on sale! Buy now β†’
FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
OnePlus 6 On Sale

[KERNEL][OPO][LineageOS] FrancoKernel - r56 - 12th May - LineageOS 15.1 custom roms

23,375 posts
Thanks Meter: 128,800

Post Reply Email Thread
28th April 2017, 09:46 AM |#10001  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bruges
Thanks Meter: 4,474

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad.jack10

Think the torch brightness is ROM/camera related, most lineage based ROMs have a dull torch but if you flash candy7 ROM you'll notice a huge difference in the torch brightness

I believe it's most definitely something in the kernel (which can be different in a ROM as they usually include a kernel). Flash a different kernel and you'll have another brightness, I've concluded that in my testing. I think it's coupled to a related property, not per se a 'flashlight brightness' setting directly. It's indeed most likely camera related but I've not found anything directly related to this. Samsung seems to have included a setting for this in their S7 devices, if that could be ported it would be awesome. When searching around, there are a few theories to be found. Some hint to the following values in build.prop:
ro.media.capture.flash=led
ro.media.capture.flashMinV=3300000
ro.media.capture.torchIntensity=200
ro.media.capture.flashIntensity=210
But I have no idea if those work and which settings are acceptable! I've not tried this because I won't risk breaking my device for something as silly as torch brightness. If anyone feels like trying it, I won't be held responsible if you forget everything because you turned your device into a standard issue MIB memory eraser (then again, you wouldn't remember so either way I'm good). The above values are intended for the Micromax A110. Others hint to tweak mA values, which seems like an even more dangerous game. I'll leave it to the kernel experts. Though I would appreciate it if you didn't blow up our devices, Franco. I really would. Thanks!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Timmmmaaahh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Timmmmaaahh Ad-Free

28th April 2017, 02:40 PM |#10002  
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscofranco

No idea, it seems good to me as it is.

Ok, thanks for answering.

Enviado desde mi A0001 mediante Tapatalk
29th April 2017, 04:18 PM |#10003  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Oeiras, Lisboa
Thanks Meter: 128,800

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guille26

Ok, thanks for answering.

Enviado desde mi A0001 mediante Tapatalk

30th April 2017, 01:33 AM |#10004  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 159

More
I really appreciate how Franco doesn't add unnecessary crap to the kernel. Things aren't tacked on "just because" they can be.

Feature creep seems to be a plague that causes more problems than provides benefits.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JJohnson1988 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JJohnson1988 Ad-Free
3rd May 2017, 10:08 AM |#10005  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
What about Kernel with kexec hardboot patch? I'm interested in Multiboot Lineageos. Thank you very much!
3rd May 2017, 10:24 AM |#10006  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckasa

What about Kernel with kexec hardboot patch? I'm interested in Multiboot Lineageos. Thank you very much!

As Franco said, it breaks encription
3rd May 2017, 11:32 AM |#10007  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Ok. Then I must try others multiboots utilities like efidroid.
3rd May 2017, 02:11 PM |#10008  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 4

More
App showing me this, worked fine 1 hour ago.

Reinstalling App didn't help.

EDIT: Fixed
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170503-150345.png
Views:	580
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	4136606  
3rd May 2017, 05:41 PM |#10009  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bruges
Thanks Meter: 4,474

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerNoobikeks

App showing me this, worked fine 1 hour ago.

Reinstalling App didn't help.

EDIT: Fixed

It would be great if you posted how you got it fixed. This may help other users that encounter this in the future. You can also make it more search friendly by typing out some core words of the error like "no FK available". Awesomesauce!

Sizzled with Bacon πŸ₯“
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Timmmmaaahh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Timmmmaaahh Ad-Free
3rd May 2017, 05:43 PM |#10010  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmmmaaahh

It would be great if you posted how you got it fixed. This may help other users that encounter this in the future. You can also make it more search friendly by typing out some core words of the error like "no FK available". Awesomesauce!

Sizzled with Bacon πŸ₯“

It was a issue with the HTTPS certification of francos website. Nothing specific to me
The Following User Says Thank You to DerNoobikeks For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DerNoobikeks Ad-Free
3rd May 2017, 07:19 PM |#10011  
Thanks Meter: 1,822

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmmmaaahh

Sizzled with Bacon πŸ₯“

"The software utility Cron is a time-based job scheduler in Unix-like computer operating systems. People who set up and maintain software environments use cron to schedule jobs (commands or shell scripts) to run periodically at fixed times, dates, or intervals."
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170503-234817.png
Views:	1370
Size:	197.7 KB
ID:	4136983  
The Following User Says Thank You to Gawd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Gawd Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)