FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[KERNEL][OPO][LineageOS] FrancoKernel - r56 - 12th May - LineageOS 15.1 custom roms

23,457 posts
Thanks Meter: 129,298

Post Reply Email Thread
4th August 2014, 04:35 PM |#1001  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Oeiras, Lisboa

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bollo franco

same for me

It's OBVIOUS the Kernel doesn't even know what an IMEI is. IMEI is tied to RILD as far as I know, the Kernel doesn't know about that and it's pure coincidence. Just reboot or something and you'll be fine.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to franciscofranco For This Useful Post: [ View ]

4th August 2014, 06:16 PM |#1002  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Does this kernel support tap to wake screen?
4th August 2014, 06:32 PM |#1003  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 37,923

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by komputerfreek

Does this kernel support tap to wake screen?

yes.. its built into the rom.
4th August 2014, 07:37 PM |#1004  
Moderator Committee / RC-RT Committee / Spider-Mod
Flag Right behind you!
Thanks Meter: 49,844

Donate to Me
More
Thread cleaned
People should not have to create more accounts to appear as if more than one person has had a particular problem
FNSM
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to KennyG123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KennyG123 Ad-Free
4th August 2014, 07:41 PM |#1005  
Thanks Meter: 5,217

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyG123

Thread cleaned
People should not have to create more accounts to appear as if more than one person has had a particular problem
FNSM

...wow. That actually happened? That is just sad.

Thanks for taking of it.
The Following User Says Thank You to LiquidSolstice For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LiquidSolstice Ad-Free
4th August 2014, 07:52 PM |#1006  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Oeiras, Lisboa

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyG123

Thread cleaned
FNSM

What a shame. Thanks for cleaning it Kenny!

Also I'm tired about users asking about compatibility with non-CM11S roms, so I'll just maintain it myself in a different branch and push it in a separate directory. I'll announce when it's ready.

(shhh my GF is asleep, don't wake her up)
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to franciscofranco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th August 2014, 08:07 PM |#1007  
Flag Gloucester
Thanks Meter: 3,969

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscofranco

What a shame. Thanks for cleaning it Kenny!

Also I'm tired about users asking about compatibility with non-CM11S roms, so I'll just maintain it myself in a different branch and push it in a separate directory. I'll announce when it's ready.

(shhh my GF is asleep, don't wake her up)

If it helps I recently added an extra disclaimer in the learner lounge in post 2 about supporting only roms your device ships with. Some people still won't read it but i beleive I made it as clear as possible. The thread is even linked in the app. I don't think there's much more we can do or say

Franco Kernel work on X Y Z romz?

Franco kernel is designed to run on stock / aosp roms only. Or in the case of the One Plus One where its intended for only Cyanogen Mod 11s. This does not include any unofficial stock type roms like the Android L preview available for certain nexus devices. So to reiterate that again, this kernel is only for the stock rom your device shipped with or upgraded via OTA and compatibility with other roms is purely coincidental. There are some unofficial ports that will add compatibility to certain roms or add extra features. These unofficial ports don't offer any official Franco support and for trouble shooting use the thread the developer set up.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Gingerbread Man For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift The Gingerbread Man Ad-Free
4th August 2014, 08:23 PM |#1008  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Oeiras, Lisboa

Donate to Me
More
Non-CM11S users (Mahdi, PA, etc...) can you flash the attached boot.img and tell if it works fine? If that's the case then I'll maintain it separately until CM11 and CM11S are both using the same userspace firmware.
Attached Files
File Type: img boot.img - [Click for QR Code] (6.03 MB, 55 views)
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to franciscofranco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th August 2014, 08:25 PM |#1009  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 152

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscofranco

Non-CM11S users (Mahdi, PA, etc...) can you flash the attached boot.img and tell if it works fine? If that's the case then I'll maintain it separately until CM11 and CM11S are both using the same userspace firmware.

I'll test this out in an hour. Thanks Fancisco! Can't wait. I'm on Mahdi 20140728 version.
4th August 2014, 08:31 PM |#1010  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Hey guys, what are the bet settings for battery life, using this kernel? I reach the 4 hours of screen and not even the maximum brightness, while my friend does about 7. He's with latest cm while me with stock cm11s, and now Franco kernel. Any tip?

Sent from my One using XDA Free mobile app
4th August 2014, 08:58 PM |#1011  
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 37,923

Donate to Me
More
I'm on the workaround for using franco so I'd have to revert the changes I made to see if it works... for those who saw Franco's post (weird how 2 people liked it but doesn't report feedback) and are unsure how to give it a try to give Franco feedback. Use https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...llner.flashify and you can flash the kernel using that.

If your phone enters a non-bootable state, just reflash your rom in recovery and report back. Give Franco feedback whether or not it boots, I can already see problems seeing when updating from FKU with the two different variants of the kernel.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zephiK For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zephiK Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)