Get the OnePlus 6 early at a pop-up event in your city →
FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[KERNEL][OPO][LineageOS] FrancoKernel - r56 - 12th May - LineageOS 15.1 custom roms

23,375 posts
Thanks Meter: 128,797

Post Reply Email Thread
15th May 2018, 04:01 PM |#10371  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Resurrection Remix 7.1.2_r29 is this rom franco kernel supported?If yes plz give link
I am using this rom for a long time.Will update to oreo when it will be full bug free and easy for daily use.
I wanted to know is this noughat rom support franco kernel?If yes plz provide me the link and the best settings for the kernel.
TIA

15th May 2018, 04:53 PM |#10372  
Flag Nantes
Thanks Meter: 87

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanhbat

@franciscofranco Seem like you are not using lineage source, you use kernel source from this ROM. Because I use this Lineage 15.1, built from lineage source and every time I close my camera, I have mechanical clicking sound, which never have on Lineage 15. I had use that AOSP before and I have same mechanical clicking sound

I use the same ROM. The clicking sound ring only with the included snap camera, not with bacon camera or oxygen os camera.
15th May 2018, 05:10 PM |#10373  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grusta

I use the same ROM. The clicking sound ring only with the included snap camera, not with bacon camera or oxygen os camera.

You should try kill app by long-press back button, check it in developer setting, open bacon or oos camera then long-press back button and you will hear that noise. Sometime you can't here that because camera still running in background
The Following User Says Thank You to Thanhbat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Thanhbat Ad-Free
16th May 2018, 10:45 AM |#10374  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 4

More
does this kernel compatible with tuga power oreo 8.1 ?
16th May 2018, 10:10 PM |#10375  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandraker64

So far not that great, battery still draining fast. I guess I'll give it more time.

In 3 hours time 1 minute deep sleep and rest of the time awake with screen off.

Screenshot won't post, I'll do that when I have access to my laptop.

If you use app DevCheck do you see the cores going Offline? If not, then that's part of your battery drain problem.
17th May 2018, 07:41 AM |#10376  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmerrill

If you use app DevCheck do you see the cores going Offline? If not, then that's part of your battery drain problem.

Thank's for the reply Paul! I don't have Devcheck but I will get it. What does cores going offline mean? And if that is not the case, what can I do about it?
17th May 2018, 07:52 AM |#10377  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandraker64

Thank's for the reply Paul! I don't have Devcheck but I will get it. What does cores going offline mean? And if that is not the case, what can I do about it?

If the cores go offline, then it saves significant power. If your phone is rooted, then you can install Kernel Toolkit and turn on hot plugging and you will save significant battery. If they are already going Offline, then this ain't going to help.
17th May 2018, 08:30 AM |#10378  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmerrill

If the cores go offline, then it saves significant power. If your phone is rooted, then you can install Kernel Toolkit and turn on hot plugging and you will save significant battery. If they are already going Offline, then this ain't going to help.

He already said in OP, please read carefully

Quote:

9 - All cores are unlocked and unshackled. Mimicking other SD801 devices all cores are online and hit idle states when they don't have tasks running, instead of going offline. Performance is greatly improved because all cores are readily available when needed

18th May 2018, 08:47 AM |#10379  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Phone stays awake while charging
Hi,

I used to run the latest CyanogenOS on my OPO. Since two weeks I installed the latest LineageOS 14.1 nightly, combined with Franco Kernel r55.
This works very well, super stable and great battery life, thanks for that!

However the only thing going wrong is the fact that my phone stays awake while charging (with the screen off).
In other words it takes much longer than usual to charge the battery since the CPU doesn't fully go to sleep.
Never experienced this with CyanogenOS.

I've checked all the usual suspect settings (screensaver, developer settings etc) but nothing abnormal was found.
I tried using betterbatterystats to discover what is keeping my phone awake, but can't find it.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks!
18th May 2018, 07:59 PM |#10380  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 397

More
Finally decent battery again on an 8.1 with the latest Franco v56. Found a good modem for my device and not looking back.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180518-145207.png
Views:	174
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	4504331   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180518-145251.png
Views:	174
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	4504332  
18th May 2018, 10:50 PM |#10381  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erad1

Finally decent battery again on an 8.1 with the latest Franco v56. Found a good modem for my device and not looking back.

What modem you are using and what country you are in
thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)