Thanks Meter: 136,988

Post Reply Email Thread
21st July 2014, 05:18 AM |#401  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,297

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephiK

I haven't experienced any lag in any scrolling whatsoever on stock settings, although I am trying out a 0 hotplug configuration that I used on my Nexus 5 which is underclocking the phone while keeping all 4 cores on. Even with stock settings, I didn't experience any lag.

Definitely give it a try, I am using ART as well.

This is the config for those who don't know about the 0 hotplug config. I don't take any credit as it was posted on N5 forums way back. You can change the settings via FKU app.

CPU Control:
Min CPU Freq: 300
Max CPU Freq: 1267
GPU: 330 MHz
Governor: Interactive
Voltage: Underclock values depends on what kind of binning you have, figure it out or leave it stock. Takes time to tinker around to get stable undervolt values.

Governor Control:
min_sample_time: 10000
target_loads: 90
sync_freq: 960 MHz
hispeed_freq: 1190 MHz
above_hispeed_delay: 120000
boostpulse_duration: 250000
go_hispeed_load: 95

Hotplug Control:
load_threshold: 0

These values can probably be tweaked around so it suites the OPO better but it should be more or less the same as the settings from N5 are the same. Battery life is insanely good. And don't forget to set on boot.

I have tried ART. Still laggy in many apps compared to the Nexus 5.

Frankly, some people just don't notice lag or choppiness when they see it. Try installing the Slickdeals app and if you don't see lag there in the main deals feed on the OnePlus, then you just aren't sensitive to it.

Like I said before, some apps are smooth and okay. The launcher and Chrome run smoothly on the OnePlus, which are probably the most used apps, but a lot of the apps I use don't run smoothly at all compared to the Nexus 5.

21st July 2014, 05:24 AM |#402  
Thanks Meter: 142

More
Had some lag, FDR'd, installed philz CWM, Busybox, and this. All gone!! As expected from Franco!! Of course I did Dalvik and regular cache wipe to top it off.

Sent from my One using XDA Free mobile app
21st July 2014, 05:43 AM |#403  
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 37,900

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtg465x

I have tried ART. Still laggy in many apps compared to the Nexus 5.

Frankly, some people just don't notice lag or choppiness when they see it. Try installing the Slickdeals app and if you don't see lag there in the main deals feed on the OnePlus, then you just aren't sensitive to it.

Like I said before, some apps are smooth and okay. The launcher and Chrome run smoothly on the OnePlus, which are probably the most used apps, but a lot of the apps I use don't run smoothly at all compared to the Nexus 5.

I use Slickdeals on a day-to-day basis, never noticed any stutters when it comes to scrolling. I use Talon which is a Twitter client and scroll through a large # of tweets and have no scrolling stutters whatsoever. I'm still thinking that it could be a software related problem as without a doubt we all know that the OPO certainly has the hardware to not lag.

Did you check if any apps are consuming a considerable amount of RAM? maybe theres a ram leakage from one of the apps.
21st July 2014, 05:47 AM |#404  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephiK

I use Slickdeals on a day-to-day basis, never noticed any stutters when it comes to scrolling. I use Talon which is a Twitter client and scroll through a large # of tweets and have no scrolling stutters whatsoever. I'm still thinking that it could be a software related problem as without a doubt we all know that the OPO certainly has the hardware to not lag.

Did you check if any apps are consuming a considerable amount of RAM? maybe theres a ram leakage from one of the apps.

Yes. Completely stock OPO. Only installed a few apps. If you don't notice it, fine, but this phone does not run as smoothly as the Nexus 5. That is a fact. Maybe you dont notice it because your 0 hotplug config fixed. Not sure. The hardware is better than the Nexus 5, so it's clearly a software problem.
21st July 2014, 05:48 AM |#405  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeman513

Had some lag, FDR'd, installed philz CWM, Busybox, and this. All gone!! As expected from Franco!! Of course I did Dalvik and regular cache wipe to top it off.

FDR'd?
21st July 2014, 05:55 AM |#406  
Thanks Meter: 142

More
Quote:

FDR'd?

Factory Data Reset. To those saying that this isn't as smooth as the Nexus 5. This phone is way more smooth. I had problems at first too, after the steps I mentioned above; I don't have any issues at all anymore.

21st July 2014, 05:58 AM |#407  
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 37,900

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yes. Completely stock OPO. Only installed a few apps. If you don't notice it, fine, but this phone does not run as smoothly as the Nexus 5. That is a fact. Maybe you dont notice it because your 0 hotplug config fixed. Not sure. The hardware is better than the Nexus 5, so it's clearly a software problem.

Maybe, I never noticed it on stock kernel and stock franco settings either. I guess its just depends on our mileages since its not absolute for everybody to have the same experience. Just hopefully it gets resolved so everybody enjoys their phone without any major problems. My Nexus 5 feels so tiny after using the OPO now :x
21st July 2014, 05:59 AM |#408  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeman513

Factory Data Reset. To those saying that this isn't as smooth as the Nexus 5. This phone is way more smooth. I had problems at first too, after the steps I mentioned above; I don't have any issues at all anymore.

Okay, I will FDR and flash this kernel and see if it's smoother. I will love Franco forever if it is. Still pissed at the issues this phone has out of the box though. Google Play Edition of this phone would have been a lot better.
21st July 2014, 08:30 AM |#409  
Thanks Meter: 70

More
R6 working great and no issues with wifi. Thanks, Francisco.
21st July 2014, 10:00 AM |#410  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 536

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dima_2005

R6 working great and no issues with wifi. Thanks, Francisco.

Had WiFi not turning on after auto flashing r6 but then, I auto flashed it again and WiFi was able to turn on.

So far, all is good.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
21st July 2014, 10:05 AM |#411  
Have a look here friends...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/onep...cm11s-t2823043
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mnt-XDA For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mnt-XDA Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)