FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[KERNEL][OPO][LineageOS] FrancoKernel - r56 - 12th May - LineageOS 15.1 custom roms

23,457 posts
Thanks Meter: 129,305

Post Reply Email Thread
22nd July 2014, 11:05 PM |#501  
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 3,131

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleemLDJ

Thanks for that post. Educated me a bit.

So..... Setting hot plug load threshold to 0 fires all cores and of course, with some underclock to save battery...

When screen is off, same threshold will only activate only cpu0 when screen is off right?

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Single core when the screen is off iirc regardless of hotplug load threshold
The Following User Says Thank You to Tzfardaya For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tzfardaya Ad-Free

22nd July 2014, 11:09 PM |#502  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 536

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzfardaya

Single core when the screen is off iirc regardless of hotplug load threshold

Sweet. I'm gonna experiment with the settings you posted.

This is interesting.

22nd July 2014, 11:11 PM |#503  
Flag Calgary

More
Quote:

Sweet. I'm gonna experiment with the settings you posted.

This is interesting.

You can try the scripts in the thread of my signature, they're n5 specific right now, as I haven't got my opo yet, but hit me up on hangouts (tzfardaya there too) and we can piece them together for this phone too... Or if worst come to worst, I can send you screen shots of the values applied in fku for you to match.

Also, the Gingerbread Man has an awesome write up here about the Franco kernel, the fku app, and some of the devices they run on... I don't think he has anything specific for the opo yet, but maybe St of that FAQ still applies.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tzfardaya For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tzfardaya Ad-Free
22nd July 2014, 11:18 PM |#504  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 37,923

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks for that post. Educated me a bit.

So..... Setting hot plug load threshold to 0 fires all cores and of course, with some underclock to save battery...

When screen is off, same threshold will only activate only cpu0 when screen is off right?

Just make sure that you do all of the other settings as well and not only the CPU underclock as there are other variables needed to be done to ensure smoothness. I haven't been using my phone as much, currently 4 hours SOT on 46%. Note that not all the settings listed are available on the OPO yet like gpu up_threshold and down_threshold
The Following User Says Thank You to zephiK For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zephiK Ad-Free
22nd July 2014, 11:22 PM |#505  
Thanks Meter: 299

More
Phone should be here tomorrow. Will be flashing this within five minutes of taking posession. Thanks francisco!
The Following User Says Thank You to newellj79 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift newellj79 Ad-Free
22nd July 2014, 11:22 PM |#506  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Oeiras, Lisboa
Thanks Meter: 129,305

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephiK

Just make sure that you do all of the other settings as well and not only the CPU underclock as there are other variables needed to be done to ensure smoothness. I haven't been using my phone as much, currently 4 hours SOT on 46%. Note that not all the settings listed are available on the OPO yet like gpu up_threshold and down_threshold

Those GPU tunables are not available because they are from my custom governor which I'm not using on this device. Although I can expose some settings from the current governor in the future.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to franciscofranco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd July 2014, 11:25 PM |#507  
Flag Calgary

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscofranco

Those GPU tunables are not available because they are from my custom governor which I'm not using on this device. Although I can expose some settings from the current governor in the future.

I see I see... Well, I'll hold off the scripts till I get my phone and I can play more..
22nd July 2014, 11:29 PM |#508  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 536

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephiK

I just applied the interactive governor controls....

However for the hotplug...
Does this screenshot seems right for the other options after the load_threshold...

22nd July 2014, 11:42 PM |#509  
Flag Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 238

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscofranco

Do you plan on using your interactive GPU gov on this device or is it not needed?

Sent from my One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
22nd July 2014, 11:43 PM |#510  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Great Kernel Thanks OP
22nd July 2014, 11:48 PM |#511  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 37,923

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I just applied the interactive governor controls....

However for the hotplug...
Does this screenshot seems right for the other options after the load_threshold...

Yep its fine. Looks exactly the same as the n5
The Following User Says Thank You to zephiK For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zephiK Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)