[KERNEL][OPO] FrancoKernel - r57 - 16th September - LineageOS 15.1 custom roms

Search This thread

gtg465x

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 16, 2008
I haven't experienced any lag in any scrolling whatsoever on stock settings, although I am trying out a 0 hotplug configuration that I used on my Nexus 5 which is underclocking the phone while keeping all 4 cores on. Even with stock settings, I didn't experience any lag.

Definitely give it a try, I am using ART as well.

This is the config for those who don't know about the 0 hotplug config. I don't take any credit as it was posted on N5 forums way back. You can change the settings via FKU app.

CPU Control:
Min CPU Freq: 300
Max CPU Freq: 1267
GPU: 330 MHz
Governor: Interactive
Voltage: Underclock values depends on what kind of binning you have, figure it out or leave it stock. Takes time to tinker around to get stable undervolt values.

Governor Control:
min_sample_time: 10000
target_loads: 90
sync_freq: 960 MHz
hispeed_freq: 1190 MHz
above_hispeed_delay: 120000
boostpulse_duration: 250000
go_hispeed_load: 95

Hotplug Control:
load_threshold: 0

These values can probably be tweaked around so it suites the OPO better but it should be more or less the same as the settings from N5 are the same. Battery life is insanely good. And don't forget to set on boot.

I have tried ART. Still laggy in many apps compared to the Nexus 5.

Frankly, some people just don't notice lag or choppiness when they see it. Try installing the Slickdeals app and if you don't see lag there in the main deals feed on the OnePlus, then you just aren't sensitive to it.

Like I said before, some apps are smooth and okay. The launcher and Chrome run smoothly on the OnePlus, which are probably the most used apps, but a lot of the apps I use don't run smoothly at all compared to the Nexus 5.

nikeman513

Apr 8, 2011
Had some lag, FDR'd, installed philz CWM, Busybox, and this. All gone!! As expected from Franco!! Of course I did Dalvik and regular cache wipe to top it off.

Sent from my One using XDA Free mobile app

zephiK

Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
I have tried ART. Still laggy in many apps compared to the Nexus 5.

Frankly, some people just don't notice lag or choppiness when they see it. Try installing the Slickdeals app and if you don't see lag there in the main deals feed on the OnePlus, then you just aren't sensitive to it.

Like I said before, some apps are smooth and okay. The launcher and Chrome run smoothly on the OnePlus, which are probably the most used apps, but a lot of the apps I use don't run smoothly at all compared to the Nexus 5.

I use Slickdeals on a day-to-day basis, never noticed any stutters when it comes to scrolling. I use Talon which is a Twitter client and scroll through a large # of tweets and have no scrolling stutters whatsoever. I'm still thinking that it could be a software related problem as without a doubt we all know that the OPO certainly has the hardware to not lag.

Did you check if any apps are consuming a considerable amount of RAM? maybe theres a ram leakage from one of the apps.

gtg465x

Jun 16, 2008
I use Slickdeals on a day-to-day basis, never noticed any stutters when it comes to scrolling. I use Talon which is a Twitter client and scroll through a large # of tweets and have no scrolling stutters whatsoever. I'm still thinking that it could be a software related problem as without a doubt we all know that the OPO certainly has the hardware to not lag.

Did you check if any apps are consuming a considerable amount of RAM? maybe theres a ram leakage from one of the apps.

Yes. Completely stock OPO. Only installed a few apps. If you don't notice it, fine, but this phone does not run as smoothly as the Nexus 5. That is a fact. Maybe you dont notice it because your 0 hotplug config fixed. Not sure. The hardware is better than the Nexus 5, so it's clearly a software problem.

Last edited:

zephiK

Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
Yes. Completely stock OPO. Only installed a few apps. If you don't notice it, fine, but this phone does not run as smoothly as the Nexus 5. That is a fact. Maybe you dont notice it because your 0 hotplug config fixed. Not sure. The hardware is better than the Nexus 5, so it's clearly a software problem.

Maybe, I never noticed it on stock kernel and stock franco settings either. I guess its just depends on our mileages since its not absolute for everybody to have the same experience. Just hopefully it gets resolved so everybody enjoys their phone without any major problems. My Nexus 5 feels so tiny after using the OPO now :x

gtg465x

Jun 16, 2008
Factory Data Reset. To those saying that this isn't as smooth as the Nexus 5. This phone is way more smooth. I had problems at first too, after the steps I mentioned above; I don't have any issues at all anymore.

Sent from my One using XDA Free mobile app

Okay, I will FDR and flash this kernel and see if it's smoother. I will love Franco forever if it is. Still pissed at the issues this phone has out of the box though. Google Play Edition of this phone would have been a lot better.

aboicu

Account currently disabled
Dec 4, 2008
Hello all,

I have an OPO 16 GB with the official CM11s and TWRP recovery. I also have read the whole thread and I have some questions:
1. Do I have to wipe data/cache/dalvik before installing r6.zip? Or after installing?
2. If I want to revert to stock kernel, do I have to wipe data/cache/dalvik before installing stock? Or after installing stock?
2. Will still be available CM updates if I install r6 kernel?
Thank you for your patience with my noob questions

Last edited:

abell431

Oct 28, 2011
Hello all,

I have an OPO 16 GB with the official CM11s and TWRP recovery. I also have read the whole thread and I have some questions:
1. Do I have to wipe data/cache/dalvik before installing r6.zip? Or after installing?
2. If I want to revert to stock kernel, do I have to wipe data/cache/dalvik before installing stock? Or after installing stock?

correct me if I am wrong but surely because you a running a custom recovery (TWRP) you will not receive OTA updates

Tzfardaya

Sep 22, 2012
Calgary
Hello all,

1. No
2. No/no
2. (I think you meant 3.) sometimes, but you may need to revert to stock kernel.

Now, I've not dealt with cm ota's but I can extrapolate from Nexus ota's... Depending on how many custom tweaks you apply it you may or may not be read OTA compatibility... (with my Nexus devices it's usually easier for me to just clean flash the rom to get the OTA then ready all my changes rather than trying to revert them all..

Reactions: occtec and aboicu

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos
Hello all,

1. No
2. No. No.
3. Yes

Reactions: occtec

naishadh

Dec 18, 2010
U r 100% correct dear.

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

How to use rgb with this kernel is display control work with this phone like n5?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all.

Compatibility:
    Builds until r44 are for CyanogenOS 5.1.1 YOG7DASK1 only.
    Builds starting with r45 are for Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 CyanogenOS. Currently r45 is the last release compatible with COS 6.0.1.
    Builds starting with r46 are compatible with Android Nougat 7.1.2 LineageOS and roms built from its sources.
    Builds starting with r56 are compatible with Android Oreo 8.1 LineageOS and roms built from its sources.

Download:
    https://francokernel.app

Installation:
    Flash the zip in your recovery
    or
    Auto-flash from Franco Kernel Updater app

Features:
    1 - Legendary battery life
    2 - Flash & forget
    3 - Typical interfaces like display adjustments, sound control, vibration control, and all that boring stuff
    4 - Bypasses the verified boot flag for Android Pay compatibility (root still breaks Android Pay but that's your own problem)
    5 - Idle power consumption reduced to the absolute minimum (if you have wakelocks from 3rd party apps you're obviously on your own)
    6 - Support for FKUpdater's Performance Profiles
    7 - Magical support, I'm here every day, checking posts almost hourly, ready to help anytime (well, unless you fail to read the OP, which contains most info you need)
    8 - Seemless integration with my app FKUpdater
    9 - All cores are unlocked and unshackled. Mimicking other SD801 devices all cores are online and hit idle states when they don't have tasks running, instead of going offline. Performance is greatly improved because all cores are readily available when needed
    10 - Some famous wakelocks are blocked and disabled by default for maximum battery life through out the day
    11 - No crap placebo patches, or "magical" optimizations
    12 - Probably more, check my github for all the details - the code speaks for itself

Changelog:
    https://francokernel.app
    Scroll down, choose your device & select the latest release to see the changelog.

Source:
    https://github.com/franciscofranco/bacon

Follow me on the interwebs
    Google+
    Twitter

Google+ FK community
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/117966512071636110546

Kernel Manager for Franco Kernel demo

Disclaimer to moderators:
    Slight OT is fine, but when users decide to act stupid they should be dealt with with the appropriate means - its really annoying for me when OT turns crazy. Please put the warning/ban hammer anytime any of you think there's lack of respect and/or too much unwanted OT crap - but if it doesn't meet this criteria let the OT posts alone. Thank you.

Cheers!
    Here's r40. Sorry for taking a bit, I've been extremely busy, finding a hard time managing everything while maintaining some sort of mental sanity:

* Improvement! Merged the latest patches from CM
    * Improvement! Fix issues with recent nightlies, including missing double tap to wake
    * Improvement! Merged the rest of the memory routines optimizations from Motorola
    * Improvement! Improved the behavior of very sudden cpu load increases on my Hotplug driver
    * Improvement! Fine tuned some of Conservative's settings
    * Improvement! Decreased load_average
    * Improvement! Merged a round of fixes from upstream, including security enhancements
    Pushed r35 syncing with CM's repo and merged a patch for interactive's responsiveness. Enjoy the new Wi-Fi driver and newer TouchPanel driver! Happy new year!
    Hey guys, r39's in da house!

* r39
    * Improvement! Merged the latest patches from CM
    * Improvement! Merged the new full display color adjustments (including saturation, contrast and hue). They'll be available to mess with from FKUpdater starting next update. Path: /sys/devices/platform/kcal_ctrl.0
    * Improvement! Added Krait memcpy and memmove optimizations from Motorola. Benchmarks on pre-after patch are on the commit on my github
    * Improvement! Merged some cpu task scheduler patches from upstream
    * Improvement! Fixed a bug that could limit max cpu frequency to 1GHz after a screen on/off cycle
    * Improvement! My cat can now cry of joy after seeing MKBHD's video about the One Plus One featuring franco.Kernel
    Nice work... why does title say N5?

Because I'm a moron and didn't fix my copy/pasta :victory: