FORUMS

[ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 11 Open Source (Current: M9)

178 posts
Thanks Meter: 70

By neatchee, Senior Member on 7th August 2014, 01:50 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KitKat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, dead cats,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.  
 * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will break it! :P
 * Act accordingly
 */
CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

The source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Important information:
This thread is for CyanogenMod 11 opensource builds for the OnePlus One. The following will not be supported in this thread:
- Custom Kernels
- Mods
- Modified system files
- Xposed
- CyanogenMod 11S

For CyanogenMod 11S, the customized version specifically for the OnePlus One, please visit this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/onep...d-11s-t2840305

Instructions:

Comprehensive installation instructions for CM on the OnePlus One can be found on the CyanogenMod Wiki: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_bacon

Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
  • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
  • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
  • Please use Pastebin when possible.
Download Links:

CyanogenMod:
Latest Snapshot: CyanogenMod 11 SNAPSHOT-M9 (4.4.4) - Download
Latest Nightly: Download

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
OnePlus One - CyanogenMod 11 OpenSource, ROM for the ONEPLUS ONE

Contributors
neatchee, cyanogenmod, ciwrl
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-08-07
Last Updated 2014-08-06
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to neatchee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift neatchee Ad-Free
7th August 2014, 03:00 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Hmmm...
7th August 2014, 03:23 PM |#3  
DC
Thanks Meter: 102

More
Nice. Does anyone have a gapps package that gives the "Google" experience and install the CM11S apps (i.e. CameraNext, AudioFX, Screencast)?
7th August 2014, 03:52 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbenson1226

Nice. Does anyone have a gapps package that gives the "Google" experience and install the CM11S apps (i.e. CameraNext, AudioFX, Screencast)?

I'm a huge fan of these:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2397942
7th August 2014, 04:16 PM |#5  
DC

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedsick

I'm a huge fan of these:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2397942

I tried those and the camera didn't work. Did you have any issues with "can't connect to camera?"
The Following User Says Thank You to sbenson1226 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sbenson1226 Ad-Free
7th August 2014, 04:20 PM |#6  

More
Quote:

I tried those and the camera didn't work. Did you have any issues with "can't connect to camera?"

Nope - works great for me.
7th August 2014, 04:23 PM |#7  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 37,906

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Depending what gapps you use it can give you problems Connecting to the Camera, I've noticed this in various gapps.
7th August 2014, 04:58 PM |#8  
Flag Kiel
Thanks Meter: 1,475

Donate to Me
More
There is a thread where you can download the original OPO Camera app. You that one
7th August 2014, 05:29 PM |#9  
DC

More
Which gapps package in particular are you using? When I had my Nexus 5, I always used the Google Stock Package, but that one doesn't work on the One (or at least it didn't when I tried it).
7th August 2014, 05:44 PM |#10  

More
Quote:

Which gapps package in particular are you using? When I had my Nexus 5, I always used the Google Stock Package, but that one doesn't work on the One (or at least it didn't when I tried it).

I'm using the Full Modular off the above link.
7th August 2014, 06:31 PM |#11  
DC

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedsick

I'm using the Full Modular off the above link.

That seems to be the reason. The stock package probably doesn't have the libs required to make the camera work.

I wish I knew how to modify the gapps packages to include what I want. It looks like Greek to me.

Anyway, I'll just install the Full Modular and go from there. Thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)