[App 5.+] VSB - Virtual Swipe Button

Search This thread

Gaukler_Faun

Aug 10, 2012
Germany
github.com
I switched last weekto the AOSP Oreo build for our beloved OnePlus One. So there I'm missing the possibility to customize hardware button remapping. Since I also don't like to waste place on my screen with the navigationbar, I polished up an app I developed once for my old Samsung Note 1.

VSB places a virtual button on the bottom of your screen (the grey circle in the screenshot). You can hide it and you can change the size. This button will always be there. So, now you can attach different events on different triggers of that button.

Triggers:
  • click
  • long click
  • double click
  • swipe up
  • swipe left
  • swipe right

Events:
  • Nothing
  • Home
  • back
  • Recents
  • open notifications
  • open Quick settings
  • open power menu
  • lock screen
  • open volume panel

To do this the app needs the following permissions enabled:
  • android.permission.SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW: to show the button over other apps, otherwise you could not click it
  • android.permission.BIND_ACCESSIBILITY_SERVICE: to trigger some events (home, back, power menu, ...)
  • android.permission.ACCESS_NOTIFICATION_POLICY: to open volume panel during "Do not disturb" mode

Downloads:
In the third post.

The app is complete open source: [url]https://github.com/scoute-dich/VirtualSoftKeys[/URL] and a heavily modified fork of VirtualSoftKeys, which is licensed under the Apache License.

The app can be used on any device running Lollipop+. I just want to share it, because for me it's usefull and I hope for some of you also. This is my way to say thanks to all other developers and to give the great community on XDA something back. If you have suggestions or if you find some bugs, just tell me here or open an issue on Github.

Regrads
Gaukler Faun

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170920-194814.png
    Screenshot_20170920-194814.png
    138.1 KB · Views: 673
  • Screenshot_20170920-194830.png
    Screenshot_20170920-194830.png
    159.9 KB · Views: 673
Last edited:

Setting.Out

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 10, 2013
Sèvres
Here is the download.
If you could add open app drawer, this would be perfect.. I know I'm a small case scenario, but your dot will interfere with my layout (see screenshot).. If there's an app drawer ( or select app) feature, it'd be amazing.. Oh, and moveable too.. :)

Volume option takes me to do not disturb option, not the volume panel..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170921-000111.jpg
    Screenshot_20170921-000111.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 371
Last edited:

Gaukler_Faun

Aug 10, 2012
Germany
github.com
If you could add open app drawer, this would be perfect.. I know I'm a small case scenario, but your dot will interfere with my layout (see screenshot).. If there's an app drawer ( or select app) feature, it'd be amazing.. Oh, and moveable too.. :)

1. I don't think, that opening the app drawer is possible. I can't call "a launcher method" from outside the launcher. In my setup the dot also interferes with the open drawer function. But with my launcher (Flick launcher) it's possible to swipe up on the dock to open the drawer. Perhaps you have a similar possibility?

Also with your current settings it should be possible to touch the open app drawer button without clicking the VSB.

2. Moveable would be nice. I will look out for possibilities, when I have the time. At the moment I'm very busy at work and don't have much time. Also this app has a lower priority than other apps, I already published on PlayStore and F-Droid, which also have some outstanding issues to solve.

3. The thing with the volume panel is strange. I used the app on different Nougat and Oreo roms. And it always opens the "ringtone volume slider"...

But anyway, thanks for your feedback. I promise to take a look in the second suggestion.

Regards
Gaukler Faun

Reactions: Setting.Out

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is the download.

1. I don't think, that opening the app drawer is possible. I can't call "a launcher method" from outside the launcher. In my setup the dot also interferes with the open drawer function. But with my launcher (Flick launcher) it's possible to swipe up on the dock to open the drawer. Perhaps you have a similar possibility?

Also with your current settings it should be possible to touch the open app drawer button without clicking the VSB.

2. Moveable would be nice. I will look out for possibilities, when I have the time. At the moment I'm very busy at work and don't have much time. Also this app has a lower priority than other apps, I already published on PlayStore and F-Droid, which also have some outstanding issues to solve.

3. The thing with the volume panel is strange. I used the app on different Nougat and Oreo roms. And it always opens the "ringtone volume slider"...

But anyway, thanks for your feedback. I promise to take a look in the second suggestion.

Regards
    Gaukler Faun