This app will no longer be updated. V22 is the final version.
There is no need to do anything with your original camera. This installs as a separate app.
This is my modded version of the CM CameraNext app. I decided to share this because I have seen many people want to use the Color OS camera because of its low light performance. So far, I have implemented the 16 and 32 second shutter delay and I might add more later on.
- Root if you want a higher bitrate for videos and the fix for auto-focus "Click" sounds (Flash the zip file)
- 16 second shutter added
- 32 second shutter added
- disable extra shutter button
- Rename app to "CameraNextMod"
- Set "Slow Shutter" to the default scene mod on app open
- 1/4 second slow shutter (User request)
- 24 second slow shutter (Good balance between 16 and 32)
- 30 Burst Shots
- 50 Burst Shots
- XML code cleanup
- CM12 Panorama fixed with lib file
- CM11 and CM11s Flashable zip
- CM12 Flashable zip
- BIG Thanks to @nicholaschum for this version
- Rename package
- Eliminate need for root
- New Icon
- Flashable zips will now only work on their corresponding android versions
- Add "Experimental" section under settings
- *ROOT* Double bitrate for 720p and 1080p (Flash the zip to enable)
- Rename camera from v5 to v6 to keep all the file names the same. No actual change in app versions.
- *ROOT* Fix Slowmo video quailty (Flash the zip to enable)
- *ROOT* Max bitrate for 720p and 1080p with fixed slowmo (Flash the zip to enable)
- *ROOT* Modify mixer_paths.xml file to fix the autofocus clicking sound (Flash the zip to enable)
- *ROOT* Disable Camera sounds Instructions
- Rebased on the YU CameraNext app
- Change version to 005
- Zero Shutter lag
- New ViewFinder
- Video HDR
- Digital Image Stabilization
- All features from prevoius versions
Couple of things to note before installing V11
- Uninstall V10 manually
- Smart Scene was removed from the new app but I added a toggle under Experimental called "Best Shot""
- When "Best Shot" is enabled, you wont be able to switch scenes
- If you have video artifacts, then try disabling video HDR and Video Stabilization
- addon.d script thanks to @kantjer (All camera mods will survive nightly flashes) (Need to flash zip)
- Best Shot toggle
- Second shutter option replaced with a blank
- Version Number is on the last page in settings so its easily identifiable
- CM12 users use "4k UHD (CM12)" option to record in 4k UHD
Notes for V15
- If you are missing options, make sure you are on V15 by going into the camera settings and then swipe to the "General" page
- If you have problems, clear the data
- Shutter speeds lower than 1/30 REQUIRE FULL DAYLIGHT. It is used for capturing very quick shots
- Based on 05Q firmware
- New installer for zip files
- ISO - auto(HJR) is defualt now
- 1/5000,1/2500,1/1000,1/500,1/250,1/125,1/60 shutter speeds
- Smart Scene is back
- HDR Force closes are fixed
- Video Focus Mode added
First off, sorry guys for taking so long with this version. I was tinkering with the Color OS cam for a bit
- I optimized the settings for point and shoot
- To get my settings: reset the app, set quality to 95, Sharpness=6, Contrast=4, Saturation=6
- 1/60, 1/125, 1/250, 1/500, 1/1000, 1/2500, 1/5000 shutter modes for quick shots (needs daylight and Auto ISO)(See image below)
- ISO_HJR is default ISO mode
- Video Focus Mode
- Fix HDR
- Reenable ZSL toggle
- Renable Face Detection toggle
- Fix RAW derp from last version
V16A - Tiny update, only cosmetic changes
- Rename "Slow Shutter" to "Variable Shutter"
I did this to accurately represent the shutter modes available from 1/5000 (very fast) to 64 seconds (Very Slow)
- Bring back "4k UHD (CM12)"
Focus ring is now smaller and thinner (User request)
Burst Mode Icons added
Burst Mode added to quickbar
ISO added to quickbar
Second Pie menu includes Sharpness,contrast, and saturation
1/4, 1/8, 1/16 Variable Shutter
Variable Shutter menu Bug fixed! The options dont reset to auto now!
Mix and Matching is now possible
Notes for V20
Variable Shutter can now be used on ALL scenes
Burst mode is enabled for ALL scenes
Moved autofocus click noise to a separate zip because it forces mono sound to fix it
To reenable ZSL make sure Variable Shutter is set to off
For EX: I can set aqua scene, set the variable shutter to 1 sec and turn burst to 5. It will shoot 5 aqua sslow shutter images in a row without touching it
EX 2: Turn burst to 5 and use HDR. Now it will take 5 HDR pics without you touching it!
Once again, Thank @infinityplus!
- Added more icons for Saturation, Contrast, and Sharpness
- Change Second pie menu icon @infinityplus
- moved and redid ISO icons
- Focus mode added to the second menu
- Remove Focus mode
- Fix force close
Notes for Color OS Camera VS CameraNext
- Color OS Denoise default is off <> CameraNext Denoise default is on
This is why the CameraNext pictures are smaller. Denoise compresses them, thus the smaller file size. I would recommend turning this off for day shots. On night shots, I highly recommend turning it on, otherwise the pictures will look like garbage with scattered RGB artifacts. This is why Color OS cam provides slightly better detail in night shots
- Color OS Contrast and Saturation Values are 5 <> CameraNextMod default is 4 and 6 respectively
Color OS cam has three modes (low, mid, and high). The numeric values are 0,5, and 10. CameraNextMod values ranges from 0-10. I tried to tune it for color accuracy, Your results may vary.
- Color OS Auto Exposure is set to Center-Weighted <> CameraNextMod Auto Exposure is set to Frame-average
Color OS Cam by @BOOTMGR here
Color OS Cam mod port by @infinityplus here
Shutter option shows up twice but one is disabled Shutter option will reset to auto if you open and close the settings
- All previous Stock CameraNext Bugs
To use it, you must change the scene mode to "slow shutter" and then select the speed. If you don't have this scene available, then your camera does not support it and won't work.
THE ZIP FILES ARE ONLY FOR THE ONEPLUS ONE DEVICE. The CM12 zip WILL CAUSE A BOOTLOOP if flashed on CM11 or CM11s due to the panorama fix and vice versa. IF STUCK IN A BOOTLOOP, FLASH THE CORRECT VERSION FOR YOUR DEVICE OR DIRTY FLASH YOUR ROM. DO NOT FLASH THE WRONG ZIP. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU DO NOT READ OR MESS UP YOUR PHONE.
Starting from V6 onward, if you're running a modified version of the mixer_paths.xml file, you'll have to remodify it. If you are using one of my audio mods, I'll update them to into the camera fix. Just flash the new file and you're good to go.
Link to the Thread Below
Things I can do
- Remove scenes
- Rearrange settings
- Unlock hidden options
Things I can't do
- Modify the ViewFinder
- Change the framerate for 1080p to use 60
- make the an option for 240 fps
To remove camera sounds
- go into /system/media/audio/ui
- delete camera_click.ogg
- delete camera_focus.ogg
- delete VideoRecord.ogg
To completely uninstall the zip file, you have to delete 90-CamSettings from
Then you have to uninstall the app by using titanium backup or deleting CameraNextMod.apk from /system/app
Finally to get rid of the autofocus click fix and increased bitrate, just dirty flash your ROM.
Credits to @infinityplus for doing the hard work for V20
Credits to @funCrash93 for the mirrors
Credits to @kantjer for his addon.d script
Credits to @nicholaschum for helping rename the app and for the tinted Icon.
Credits to @SchmilK for the panorama fix for CM12
Please do not distribute the app without credits. Just link them to this thread instead.