FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD] [ROM & Google Play Services] [v7.3.29] SystemUpdateService Wakelock Fix

1,642 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,146

By Calkulin, Recognized Developer on 10th April 2015, 03:17 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Since this issue seems to affecting a lot of people, I decided to post what I use to fix the issue. Basically what this mod does is remove the command that acquires the wakelock, so it never exist.

Note: If the app updates itself, the wakelock will be back(unless Google fixes it), so I will try to keep this up to date with the latest version until it's not needed anymore.

To install, flash the zip in recovery

Modded Google Play Services

xx0 versions are for all DPIs, so it covers xx2, xx4, xx6 & xx8 in 1 file

KitKat v7.3.29(030) - All DPI - armeabi-v7a - Older Android versions that don't have the system/priv-app folder, you can rename the priv-app folder in the zip to app
md5 - 8bfac34b48a5cd05773ac85c714927c2

Lollipop v7.3.29(430) - All DPI - armeabi-v7a
md5 - ddf795c287546d3545fab2a3140654ea

Lollipop v7.3.29(438) - 480 DPI - armeabi-v7a
md5 - 8627599d7dd12e5b850fc3b41f41f54a

Lollipop v7.3.29(440) - All DPI - arm64-v8a - Being worked on
md5 -

Modded Framework

This fixes the root cause of the issue, so the service will operate properly now. The modded Google Play Services versions are not needed with this
Be sure to enable the SystemUpdateService for Google Play Services & Google Services Framework if you use DisableService or similar app

YNG1TAS0YL

Instructions for Modifying Framework

Decompile framework-res.apk and modify values/array.xml

Before - If you don't see this code, then your ROM is not the cause of this wakelock
Code:
    <string-array name="config_disabledComponents">
        <item>com.google.android.gsf/com.google.android.gsf.update.SystemUpdateActivity</item>
        <item>com.google.android.gsf/com.google.android.gsf.update.SystemUpdateService</item>
        <item>com.google.android.gsf/com.google.android.gsf.update.SystemUpdateService$Receiver</item>
        <item>com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.update.SystemUpdateActivity</item>
        <item>com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.update.SystemUpdateService</item>
        <item>com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.update.SystemUpdateService$Receiver</item>
        <item>com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.update.SystemUpdateService$ActiveReceiver</item>
    </string-array>
After
Code:
    <string-array name="config_disabledComponents">
        <item>com.google.android.gsf/com.google.android.gsf.update.SystemUpdateActivity</item>
        <item>com.google.android.gsf/com.google.android.gsf.update.SystemUpdateService$Receiver</item>
        <item>com.google.android.gsf/com.google.android.gsf.update.SystemUpdateService$SecretCodeReceiver</item>
        <item>com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.update.SystemUpdateActivity</item>
        <item>com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.update.SystemUpdateService$Receiver</item>
        <item>com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.update.SystemUpdateService$ActiveReceiver</item>
        <item>com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.update.SystemUpdateService$SecretCodeReceiver</item>
    </string-array>
The Following 399 Users Say Thank You to Calkulin For This Useful Post: [ View ]

10th April 2015, 03:27 PM |#2  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calkulin

Since this issue seems to affecting a lot of people, I decided to post what I use to fix the issue. If the app updates itself, the wake lock will be back(unless Google fixes it), so I will try to keep this up to date with the latest version until it's not needed anymore.

Finally...thanks a lot..this is much needed..:thumbup:

Sent from my A0001 using xda app-developers app
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pk5720 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pk5720 Ad-Free
10th April 2015, 03:43 PM |#3  
Flag Valenza,Piedmont
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Thumbs up
Thank you very much Calkulin, really appreciate your work
The Following User Says Thank You to Davisk8 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Davisk8 Ad-Free
10th April 2015, 04:37 PM |#4  
Flag vega baja
Thanks Meter: 7

More
thank you calkulin. great job Boricua!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omarcillopr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift omarcillopr Ad-Free
10th April 2015, 05:26 PM |#5  
Flag Vila do Conde
Thanks Meter: 78

More
Thank you Calkulin, waiting for your CM12S root version!
The Following User Says Thank You to RCT1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RCT1 Ad-Free
10th April 2015, 05:33 PM |#6  
Flag Arbatax
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Thank you Calkulin

nigol
The Following User Says Thank You to nigol For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nigol Ad-Free
10th April 2015, 05:34 PM |#7  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 573

More
Quote:

Since this issue seems to affecting a lot of people, I decided to post what I use to fix the issue. If the app updates itself, the wake lock will be back(unless Google fixes it), so I will try to keep this up to date with the latest version until it's not needed anymore.

Might be forced to give this a try since nothing else is working lol. What changes did you make?
10th April 2015, 05:47 PM |#8  
Flag Hamburg
Thanks Meter: 86

Donate to Me
More
Can you please provide the checksums?

getapatalked mit Android 5.1
10th April 2015, 05:51 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 125

More
Thank you @Calkulin.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to mcqaissi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mcqaissi Ad-Free
10th April 2015, 06:32 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 251

Donate to Me
More
which wakelock does this fix, the NextAlarmTracker wakelock?
10th April 2015, 07:21 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:

This is very nice. Would it be possible to elaborate what this actually does?

Same as the "DisableService" solution to prevent 'SystemUpdateService' ??

I'm just curious
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)