FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TWRP ZIP] Underclock CPU without messing up mp-decision

459 posts
Thanks Meter: 119

By effry, Senior Member on 2nd September 2018, 01:03 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
First of all, all credits go to @Tomoms that kindly created the zip.

Our bacons are getting pretty old especially on the battery side. After using sultanxda rom that was underclocked to 1958 Mhz i noticed a nice improve of SOT without sacrificing performance too much .

Unfortunately, on every other ROM, changing frequencies trough kernel tweaking apps (ie kernel adiutor) results in Qualcomm mp-decision not behaving correctly, cores not going offline and frequencies scaling pretty much messing up.

This zip underclocks correctly your CPU to 1958mhz, without the need of any third party app, hope you ll find it useful.

Again, all credits go to @Tomoms
Attached Files
File Type: zip cpu_max_freq_1958.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.08 MB, 1046 views)
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to effry For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift effry Ad-Free
2nd September 2018, 01:08 PM |#2  
Flag Trieste
Thanks Meter: 5,168

More
Let me add that the zip should be universal, that is, I expect it to work on all Oreo ROMs and probably on Pie/Nougat ROMs as well. If it doesn't work on certain ROMs, I'll update it to support all of them.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Tomoms For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tomoms Ad-Free
2nd September 2018, 05:31 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Flash it now. I'm running android 9 pie and it works for me. It reduces my overheating problem!!!!!
Thanks a lot!!!!!
6th September 2018, 03:07 AM |#4  
Flag makati city
Thanks Meter: 29

Donate to Me
More
Do you make GPU boost settings for gaming? i need this for not rooted phone.
2nd April 2019, 03:58 PM |#5  
Jodhpur
Thanks Meter: 19

More
@Tomoms can you make one For Oneplus 2.
17th April 2019, 07:04 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Is this work on cyanogen os 13?
7th May 2019, 07:26 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 93

More
omgomgomg i was wondering about this for so long !
my fault for not checking this place for 2 years lol. I also used Kernel Adiutor which misbehaved at times, random overheating after settings failing to apply on boot, and noticed mdprecision erros in the logs
1958 MHz is also the frequency i used, how is this all a coincidence ^^
Is it possible to edit a value in the zip to underclock to 2.3 Ghz ? (i don't remember the exact number)
Not that i need it, just wondering. OPO currently pretty dead from weird cpu/power/battery issues, if this fixes I'll be ecstatic
17th May 2019, 08:16 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
so how do u make it back to default?
26th August 2019, 02:05 AM |#9  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 13

Donate to Me
More
Can the number be set in the `anykernel.sh` file to any reasonable clock speed? such as 1750Mhz? Or does it need to be a specific multiple, or something?
27th August 2019, 08:37 AM |#10  
Flag Trieste
Thanks Meter: 5,168

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfoo

Can the number be set in the `anykernel.sh` file to any reasonable clock speed? such as 1750Mhz? Or does it need to be a specific multiple, or something?

It has to be a valid frequency of the OPO's CPU. You can find a list here: https://github.com/LineageOS/android...974.dtsi#L1548
The Following User Says Thank You to Tomoms For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tomoms Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)