FORUMS

[GUIDE] Mega Unbrick Guide for A Hard Bricked OnePlus X

1,166 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,080

Post Reply Email Thread
A Big Thanks to @Synthio for providing me these files.Without his help,this guide wouldn't have been possible at all.

Hi Peeps !!

A hard bricked OPX has nothing but a black screen (nothing ever comes on the screen, not even a boot logo ), it might vibrate when a power button is pressed and held for 20 seconds, has no Recovery partition, no adb mode, and no fastboot partition. The device might be detected in Linux and you might be able to even send commands to it. In Windows, the bricked OPX should be detected as QUALCOMM-HS USB Diagnostics xxxx. You might have a bricked OPX as a result of flashing a kernel meant for a different device (or a ROM meant for another device that included a kernel), tinkering with the boot logo or bootloader, or your attempt of unlocking the bootloader resulted in corrupting the boot partition.

The solution for OPX hardbrick is similar to OPO and OP2 - you just need a Qualcomm driver and a recover package.

So,here we go !!

Step 1 :- DOWNLOADS :-
1.) Drivers :- https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347799753 (Extract these files to a folder on desktop.)
2.) Recovery Tool :- https://drive.google.com/folderview?...XM&usp=sharing (Download all files inside this folder and put them in a folder on desktop.)
Step 2 :- If you are using Windows other than Windows XP,turn off Driver Signature Enforcement.To do so,follow this guide :- http://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how-...igned-drivers/
Step 3 :- Press the power button for 40 seconds to turn off the phone.
Step 4 :- Press only volume up button for 10 sec and while keeping it pressed,connect OPX to PC.Hold volume up until your PC finds a new hardware .
Step 5 :- Go to device manager in your PC, find the new "QUALCOMM-HS USB Diagnostics xxxx" device or something like this (It must be Unknown Devices as QHUSB_BULK or under COMs and Ports as Qualcomm xxxx). Update its driver in property page using the Qualcomm driver provided (for 32bit windows, select x86 folder; for 64bit windows, select x64 folder).
Step 6 :- After installing the drivers,"Run As Administrator" the MSMDownloadToolV2.0 in the recovery tools folder.
Step 7 :- Click start at top left corner and wait for it to finish (Download Complete will come)
Step 8 :- Disconnect phone from PC and boot into system.

Now you can again do anything you wish to (unlock bootloader,etc).To unlock bootloader,go to developer options and tick "Enable OEM Unlock" first.

When you will need this guide ? :-
1.) If your phone is totally black (no racism)
2.) When you have locked the bootloader by mistake . (This happens when you flash a rom without having oem unlocking enabled.)

PS:- This method will wipe all data and restore your phone to OxygenOS and English Bootloader.

Thanks.

The Following 96 Users Say Thank You to Naman Bhalla For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Naman Bhalla Ad-Free
16th December 2015, 10:33 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1,782

More
Hi
Great work!

I finally got a mod to close my thread and it has been closed.

I'll wait for the file that does not wipe /data
16th December 2015, 11:33 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks a loot. Gonna try it today at the end of the day.

Enviado do meu SM-N9005 através de Tapatalk
16th December 2015, 05:19 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
OnePlus*X*Unbrick Tool Mini... Only 47 MB is here :-
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24269982087019810
It doesn't wipe data either...

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Naman Bhalla For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Naman Bhalla Ad-Free
16th December 2015, 06:14 PM |#5  
Flag Dombivli
Thanks Meter: 28

More
So if we are having the bootloader unlocked and try this tool to make it lock the bootloader? Means is it possible?
16th December 2015, 06:21 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverstarjigar

So if we are having the bootloader unlocked and try this tool to make it lock the bootloader? Means is it possible?

No.It will keep the bootloader unlocked if it is unlocked already.
16th December 2015, 11:25 PM |#7  
Flag NEW DELHI
Thanks Meter: 91

More
Man you are the real mvp... Thanks a lot some people i know are really screwed up because of thier opx got hard brick and there was no such guide available thanks alot mate really thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to mohammedtabish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mohammedtabish Ad-Free
17th December 2015, 03:33 AM |#8  

More
Will Try
Welp, ordered a new OPX yesterday. Just searched "qualcomm oneplus x driver" right when I woke up before work today and found this thread and felt stupid but saw it was as recent as today so I was pretty pumped. Thanks, will try ASAP and then can sell my other OPX, the new one or refuse delivery tomorrow . They deliver so fast now! 3 days!
17th December 2015, 03:43 AM |#9  
Flag PENANG

More
thanks master sifoo.. my opx back to alive now 😊
19th December 2015, 11:13 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thanks
Hello

Thank you for your post
I did all what's explained and when I run MSMDownloadToolV2.0 and click start it says "Waiting for device" and nothing happen!
I've been waiting more than 30 mints and nothing actually happen ..
Hope you help me ..

Thanks!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DANETO For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DANETO Ad-Free
19th December 2015, 01:09 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANETO

Hello

Thank you for your post
I did all what's explained and when I run MSMDownloadToolV2.0 and click start it says "Waiting for device" and nothing happen!
I've been waiting more than 30 mints and nothing actually happen ..
Hope you help me ..

Thanks!

Can you give me Teamviewer access? I will see what the issue is and solve it.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)