FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[SCRIPT] OOS Bloatware remover script

444 posts
Thanks Meter: 70

By axl409, Senior Member on 31st March 2016, 11:51 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
since i like the oxygen rom, but i don't like the google bloat, i decided to make a simple script that will remove all the google apps (except for gmail). the app it will remove are:
"/system/app/CalendarGoogle",
"/system/app/Chrome",
"/system/app/Drive",
"/system/app/EditorsDocs",
"/system/app/EditorsSheets",
"/system/app/EditorsSlides",
"/system/app/Hangouts",
"/system/app/Keep",
"/system/app/Music2",
"/system/app/Photos",
"/system/app/PlusOne", (that's google plus)
"/system/app/Videos",
"/system/app/Maps",
"/system/app/PlayGames",
"/system/app/SwiftKey",
"/system/app/SwiftKeyFactorySettings",
"/system/app/YouTube"
"/system/priv-app/Velvet" (that's the "app google", or "google now", call it as you wish)

you can easily re-install any of this app from the play store, so no problem if it will delete some apps you want

one downside: you won't have the "clear all recent" button. i don't know why, i think it was related to "velvet".

i want to thanks @jajb because i basically copy his bloatware removal script (from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2779598) but changed the app it will remove.

how to flash:
-copy .zip in sdcard
-flash from twrp
-done!

PS: i recommend using it when you first reinstall the rom, so that none of that apps have been updated. but, if you want, you can use this script even from an old install, just be sure to uninstall update from the app it will remove, otherwise they will stay not as system app but as user app.
Attached Files
File Type: zip OOS Bloatware remover script.zip - [Click for QR Code] (178.1 KB, 188 views)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to axl409 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift axl409 Ad-Free

31st March 2016, 12:16 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 128

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by axl409

i want to thanks @jajb because i basically copy his bloatware removal script (from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2779598) but changed the app it will remove.

So... I can edit the script that you have made, according to my requirements... right??

Quote:

PS: i recommend using it when you first reinstall the rom, so that none of that apps have been updated. but, if you want, you can use this script even from an old install, just be sure to uninstall update from the app it will remove, otherwise they will stay not as system app but as user app.

Does this mean , the updated app will remain as user apps that can be uninstalled normally??
31st March 2016, 12:28 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sankarshan

So... I can edit the script that you have made, according to my requirements... right??

yeah, do with that whatever you want

Quote:

Does this mean , the updated app will remain as user apps that can be uninstalled normally??

i really haven't tested that, but i noticed that when you update one of that app, it will create a folder with inside of that a "base.apk" in data/app (that's where the user app are stored).
The Following User Says Thank You to axl409 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift axl409 Ad-Free
31st March 2016, 12:35 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Did You tested it yourself ? Everything works ?
How about .odex files ?
31st March 2016, 12:40 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiras_PL

Did You tested it yourself ? Everything works ?
How about .odex files ?

of course i tested it, i made it for myself but i decided to share because maybe someone could be interested. everything works, just the clear recents button disappears as i stated in the OP.
about the .odex files, i have no rest of them in system/app, maybe because i did it right after a fresh install. if you do that without a fresh install maybe it's recommended to delete data and cache from app that will be removed (and to uninstall update, as i stated in the OP).
31st March 2016, 01:41 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 128

More
Quote:

....it's recommended to delete data and cache from app that will be removed (and to uninstall update, as i stated in the OP).

can't this(^) be done by using the script? Because, there are so many apps whose data and cache are to be removed.
31st March 2016, 01:49 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

can't this(^) be done by using the script? Because, there are so many apps whose data and cache are to be removed.

unfortunately i'm not a dev, i simply used other works to fit my needs. i guess you can try wipe cache from twrp (it will delete ALL app cache, even user app cache though). about uninstall update i think there's nothing i can do.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)